Notices
C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Pulsing Brakes

Old 07-26-2001, 09:37 PM
WEF's 95
CF Senior Member

When the brakes are applied hard from about 35 mph and less the braking ability pulsates. I don't mean that the pedal pulsates like with warped rotors but it acts like part of the rotor is greased. The rotors look perfect and the runout is OK. Pads, front and rear, are new. All the symptoms are rotors to me except no pulsing in the pedal. Any ideas before I turn rotors that appear to be OK?

Old 07-26-2001, 10:05 PM
jfb
CF Senior Member

You have warped or wedge shaped rotors. It takes a measuring flat and height gauge to measure the rotors. The out of shape is so small it cannot be seen or measured with micrometers. If the rotors aren't too thin or too warped, you should be able to turn them.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pulsing Brakes

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: