C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Fixed the rattle on my Ripper shifter...

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2001, 10:33 AM
maduraj
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And I didn't even do anything to it. Last weekend I changed the rear end fluid. I put Mobile 1 synthetic and I put the limited slip additive in there too. Today I finally took the car out, and the car seems to be running a lot nicer. Less noise from the rear end. And, my ripper shifter doesn't rattle any more. It used to drive me nuts, every time I was in 1st gear, and had the engine at more then 2k rpm's, the shifter rattle would overpower my stereo ... Don't know how it happened, but it sure made a difference.

Old 07-27-2001, 10:50 AM
1991Z07
Safety Car

Received 72 Likes on 49 Posts

I thought maybe you were going to say you replaced it with the Hurst shifter

Old 07-27-2001, 10:55 AM
maduraj
Drifting

I was thinking about replacing it. I might do it around winter time when I'll be changing the clutch.
Old 07-27-2001, 11:12 AM
Nathan Plemons
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by maduraj
I was thinking about replacing it. I might do it around winter time when I'll be changing the clutch.[/color]
Have you driven the hurst? I've found the Hurst Camaro shifter's to be junk, hardly better than stock. I'd be hard pressed to believe that their vette shifter is better than the B&M. Again, I haven't driven a Hurst vette, so I could be wrong, but my experience thus far with Hurst have not been pleasant ones.

Old 07-27-2001, 11:24 AM
maduraj
Drifting

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:[/color]<HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Have you driven the hurst? I've found the Hurst Camaro shifter's to be junk, hardly better than stock. I'd be hard pressed to believe that their vette shifter is better than the B&M. Again, I haven't driven a Hurst vette, so I could be wrong, but my experience thus far with Hurst have not been pleasant ones.
[/color][/QUOTE]

No, I haven't driven a vette with the hurst shifter. I like the ripper, but the thing I couldn't stand was the rattle. But for some reson, it seems like the synthetic gear oil in the diff. took the rattle away.
Old 07-28-2001, 12:58 PM
zrchris
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nathan- I think we've been over this before. Why do you insist on comparing two entirely different transmissions? The T56 shifter is as different from the ZF as either is to a Muncie. As the testimonies in this post below show and as many will soon see, the Hurst is the superior shifter for this application:

http://www.corvetteforum.cc/ubb/Foru...ML/010435.html

Chris

Get notified of new replies

To Fixed the rattle on my Ripper shifter...

Quick Reply: Fixed the rattle on my Ripper shifter...