C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

C4 BRAKE FLUID LEAK

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2001, 01:39 PM
INVU
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't find a brake fluid leak just below the master cylinder of my 1994 Corvette Coupe. Just finished checking the brake lines, hoses ad master cylinder without success. A few months ago, I was getting brake residue leaking from around the brake reservior cap. The brake fluid reservior appears to be dry now. Can anyone recommend other areas to check or the cause of this mystery brake fluid leak.
Old 07-27-2001, 03:01 PM
Goody
Le Mans Master

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

It is possible to have a pinhole leak in one of the lines. Check them real closely. use flour and a hobby brush to locate any wet spots....Good luck.

Old 07-27-2001, 08:14 PM
INVU
3rd Gear

It appears that the brake fluid leak is coming from whats called "high pressure sensor." I purchase a new sensor, cleaned out the fitting hole, installd sensor and it still leaking brake fluid when I apply pressure to the brake pedal. Any ideal whats the problem with the master cylinder. Has anyone experienced the same problem with C-4 Corvette Coupe. I desperate for answers!
Old 07-29-2001, 01:31 AM
Black84C4
Advanced

I had a myterious leak in my 84... it was the brake light switch sensor... look on side the master cylinder and you'll see wires going to it... unplug them and see if there is fluid coming from there.

Fred

Get notified of new replies

To C4 BRAKE FLUID LEAK

Quick Reply: C4 BRAKE FLUID LEAK