C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Help with K&N

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2001, 03:58 PM
bogus
Team Owner

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

the foam strips are designed to insulate and seal the seam between the airbox and the filter. the seams are attached to the bottom of the box then the filter goes on and then the cover. you will also put the grease on top of the foam... adds to the sealing factor.

you will wanna cut the lid open or get a open lid cover. the factory intake is way to restrictive in that respect.

Eklers and Mid America both have lids for these things!

Old 07-29-2001, 06:01 PM
AlwaysWave
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran

FYI...There was no way that the foam would work on mine. Maybe it's because of the open lid I bought from Mid-America, I don't know. But the lid would not set into the slots on the lower end, no matter what I did. After investigating the fit and sealing..I went ahead and installed the K&N without the foam.

Old 07-29-2001, 07:11 PM
Shayne
Pro

in installing the air foil its on the easy side....just pop everything off....and be careful with the maf and wires and you are good to go...all you need is a screwdriver and a paint scraper...in case you plenum does not want to come off..notes here

http://www.corvetteforum.cc/techtips...D=43&TopicID=2

that should do ya...

Old 07-30-2001, 04:05 PM
axcelr8
Burning Brakes

I recently did mine with the new lid also. I agree about the instructions, but just look at what they are telling REAL closely. I was able to use the supplied foam. It is a tight squeeze to get it together right the first time...but it does work!

Sometimes I think they hire crackheads to write these instructions.
Old 07-30-2001, 04:16 PM
Togo
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

UH-OH....mine didn't come with any foam.... what in the heck are you guys talking about???? took the tin snips to the lid last night, kind of a rough cut job, but it works!!!

Get notified of new replies

To Help with K&N

Quick Reply: Help with K&N