C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Poor braking

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2004, 09:56 AM
dndrsn
Melting Slicks

Received 80 Likes on 37 Posts

Thats a great deal, evidently he has no more. I'm thinking that is my problem also.
Old 11-08-2004, 10:01 AM
mitchcole
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue88
Excellent news mitchcole. Where did you purchase the spring? I have seen one advertised in the Mid America catalog for $20 and had thought about trying it. If this worked for you then I will order one tonight if it can't be purchased locally. Thanks for posting!
I bought it from Doug Rippie Motorsports: http://www.dougrippie.com/
It was $12 plus shipping. The install is pretty straightforward: unscrew the fitting at the end of the bias thing; remove the white sensor; slide out the internal shaft. (The shaft doesn't just fall out - the instructions say to use a small hook - I found that a 7/16 bolt will thread through the C-clip and was able to pull it out that way.)

Undo the C-clip - the old spring pops out. Put the new spring back in and secure it with the C-clip. It's a little challengint to get that C-clip back in - but with enough muscle - you can do it.
Old 11-08-2004, 10:09 AM
mitchcole
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dndrsn
Thats a great deal, evidently he has no more. I'm thinking that is my problem also.
Did he tell you that? or are you assuming because he doesn't have one posted? He's been selling these for months. He just doesn't have more than one up at a time... I'd send him a question

Quick Reply: Poor braking