C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Nothing Like The Best..After The Rest Didn't Work

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2004, 09:04 PM
Viet Nam Vett
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 259 Likes on 183 Posts
2015 C2 of Year
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10, '14-'15

Default Nothing Like The Best..After The Rest Didn't Work

Some of you might remember my post about the chrome alternator I bought from Alternator Parts on the web. My original chrome alternator that I bought 10 Years ago bit the dust. So I went to the above vendor.

After trying 3 of his units ..(non of which lasted more then 10 min.) before going thermal and shutting down ..I gave up on him and his try this and try that. And the ..." Must be something wrong with your charging System"..Or.."Your battery wire isn't Large enough"..And Blah...Blah...Blah.......

So I went to Jeg's and bought a Chrome "PowerMaster" alternator that was only $40.00 more then the other pice of junk. Any how I am happy to report that the problem is solved. Nothing wrong with my car.

The powerMaster Alternators are top shelf heavy duty units and come with a test sheet showing charging current at different RPM's. The Chrome finish is top notch.

I'm glad that's over with...
Old 11-06-2004, 09:13 PM
Nathan Plemons
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I'd like to buy their 200 amp unit for my car some day. It's just one of those things that's not really in the budget.
Old 11-06-2004, 09:54 PM
SLOWRIDE
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get notified of new replies

To Nothing Like The Best..After The Rest Didn't Work

Quick Reply: Nothing Like The Best..After The Rest Didn't Work