C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Brightest And Best C4 Headlights.

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2004, 10:29 AM
Kaae
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brightest And Best C4 Headlights.

It's Not Really A poll for brightest headlights. but a quest to find them. What brand? Price? Where to get them? What's needed to install them? Any Bluish-white or Purplish-White color??? Any mods needed to fit them in?

Last edited by Kaae; 11-20-2004 at 12:06 PM.
Old 11-20-2004, 11:21 AM
hibernatingvette
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ummm...... your poll doesn't have anything to do about headlights
Old 11-20-2004, 11:34 AM
Nathan Plemons
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have a Valeo housings that allow the use of a standard H4 bulb. The bulbs are Narva, standard wattage. They are brighter than stock, definitely white instead of the yellow tint. So much whiter in fact that you can notice a difference between them and the fog lights in a chrome bumper

The Valeo housing has a european spread pattern instead of the crappy US DOT pattern. I felt like it was a worthy upgrade.

Unfortunately I can't tell you where I got all this stuff from, it came from a friend who had the same setup on his Honda Prelude, he was taking it all off before he sold it. I got to looking at it closely and realized that it would actually fit my vette, so I bought them from him.
Old 11-20-2004, 12:02 PM
Kaae
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by hibernatingvette
Ummm...... your poll doesn't have anything to do about headlights
Yeah and thanks for your help
Old 11-20-2004, 12:13 PM
Kaae
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Nathan Plemons
I have a Valeo housings that allow the use of a standard H4 bulb. The bulbs are Narva, standard wattage. They are brighter than stock, definitely white instead of the yellow tint. So much whiter in fact that you can notice a difference between them and the fog lights in a chrome bumper

The Valeo housing has a european spread pattern instead of the crappy US DOT pattern. I felt like it was a worthy upgrade.

Unfortunately I can't tell you where I got all this stuff from, it came from a friend who had the same setup on his Honda Prelude, he was taking it all off before he sold it. I got to looking at it closely and realized that it would actually fit my vette, so I bought them from him.

Are they projector headlights or sealed beams?
Old 11-20-2004, 12:40 PM
VTESPEED
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Silvania Silverstars, best upgrade ive seen and have
Old 11-20-2004, 08:37 PM
Strick
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by VTESPEED
I, too, have the silverstars and they are better than the OEM bulbs, but still not bright enough. They are easy to over drive at night.
Old 11-20-2004, 10:00 PM
LT1CORVETTE
Racer

Originally Posted by Strick
I, too, have the silverstars and they are better than the OEM bulbs, but still not bright enough. They are easy to over drive at night.
When you say they are better than the standard bulbs, do they come in a sealed unit that you simply plug and screw in like a replacement sealed kit or do you have to change out the actual bulbs. If you have to manually switch the bulbs could you explain further I am not very familar with this?

Also what is everyones opinion one these? Can these fit a c4?
http://www.corvettemike.com/shop/?vc...hting&pf=10002

Last edited by LT1CORVETTE; 11-20-2004 at 10:08 PM.
Old 11-20-2004, 10:52 PM
jsinga
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you want REAL headlights on your vette look at this page.
http://www.danielsternlighting.com/
The valeo lights are made by Ciebe, they are e-code lights and are worth every penny they cost. They just slip in like regular 6054 lamps and have replaceable bulbs. It's the beam pattern that makes them what they are. If you want real flamethrowers you have to install a relay kit so you can go with overwatt bulbs. You can get 100/130w bulbs, in the Ciebe lamps equal arc discharge (relays are a must because mine pull 18amps on low beam). Even if you don't go to overwatt bulbs the relay kit will make your lights brighter because it will pump up your lamp voltage.

JS
Old 11-20-2004, 11:40 PM
LT1CORVETTE
Racer

How difficult is it to install a relay kit? Please be specific, I am very new to car work.
Thanks
Old 11-21-2004, 12:02 AM
LT1CORVETTE
Racer

Originally Posted by Strick
What is the specs. on the bulbs your using. I though I might buy two and give them a try. What kind of watage and what not for a standard lighting system?
Old 11-21-2004, 01:00 AM
dizwiz24
Race Director

Received 560 Likes on 437 Posts

Quote:

The valeo lights are made by Ciebe, they are e-code lights and are worth every penny they cost. They just slip in like regular 6054 lamps and have replaceable bulbs. It's the beam pattern that makes them what they are. If you want real flamethrowers you have to install a relay kit so you can go with overwatt bulbs. You can get 100/130w bulbs, in the Ciebe lamps equal arc discharge (relays are a must because mine pull 18amps on low beam). Even if you don't go to overwatt bulbs the relay kit will make your lights brighter because it will pump up your lamp voltage.

jsinga is right 100%.

Daniel stern is cocky, but knows his stuff.

I went with daniel sterns set up (Bosch e-specs, 100/130 watt CLEAR Narva bulbs, and relay kit). I could not have been happier.
I tried and took back to the store the following:

1.Matrix Diamond Star Headlight housings with Matrix 90/100 watt HID simulator bulbs (****-poor lighting)
2.Sylvannia Xenarc X6054 true HID (Discontinued for good reason)
3. Hella e-specs with Matrix 90/100 watt HID simulator bulbs (better, but no disco)

My headlights are insane. For the record, I also have an 04 BMW 330. BMW is usually known as the industry leader in automotive lighting. The daniel stern setup blows the bimmer outta the water.

they are just ridiculuous. exactly what you need.

Do not get bluish tinted HID simulator bulbs, the coating detracts from the lighting performance.
Old 11-21-2004, 02:53 AM
Dale1990
Le Mans Master

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Hella H4 Lenses
Hella 90/130 H4
Ho-Made Relay Re-wire with 10ga wire from the alt, 30amp relays, 30amp breaker.

I've had stock type sealed beam, Hella w/ Matrix 80/100 Ultra white (actually blue) and the above. My current setup is by far the best I have ever seen. The stock is second best - ok but easy to "overdrive" the lights. Worst was those stupid Matrix bulbs - I've had pen-lights that were brighter.

I am pretty sure my lenses are not E-spec but they do work fine. E-spec might be good for a future upgrade.

My $0.02 - YMMV
Old 11-21-2004, 05:39 PM
kenv
Le Mans Master

Location: levittown pa. usa Even a bad day with my `Vette, is better than a good day at work
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by Kaae
Yeah and thanks for your help
Old 11-21-2004, 06:01 PM
Hardcorvette
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10

Originally Posted by dizwiz24
My headlights are insane. For the record, I also have an 04 BMW 330. BMW is usually known as the industry leader in automotive lighting. The daniel stern setup blows the bimmer outta the water.
I'm assuming your BMW's lighting is non-HID.
Old 11-21-2004, 06:07 PM
Strick
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by LT1CORVETTE
What is the specs. on the bulbs your using. I though I might buy two and give them a try. What kind of watage and what not for a standard lighting system?
The SilverStars are 65/55 watts. It's a direct replacement bulb just like the ones from the factory. You can get them at any AutoZone, Advanced Auto or similar stores.
Old 11-21-2004, 08:40 PM
Perfusion
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dizwiz24
Quote:

jsinga is right 100%.

Daniel stern is cocky, but knows his stuff.

I went with daniel sterns set up (Bosch e-specs, 100/130 watt CLEAR Narva bulbs, and relay kit). I could not have been happier.
I tried and took back to the store the following:

1.Matrix Diamond Star Headlight housings with Matrix 90/100 watt HID simulator bulbs (****-poor lighting)
2.Sylvannia Xenarc X6054 true HID (Discontinued for good reason)
3. Hella e-specs with Matrix 90/100 watt HID simulator bulbs (better, but no disco)

they are just ridiculuous. exactly what you need.

Do not get bluish tinted HID simulator bulbs, the coating detracts from the lighting performance.
Interesting....thanks for the info. It's always nice to hear from people who've tried and tested many different applications (of any product) and have found one that they feel to be superior to another reputable "standard" in the industry.

Get notified of new replies

To Brightest And Best C4 Headlights.

Old 11-21-2004, 10:10 PM
Trog
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

So what is the cost on the system from Daniel?? Although I can say lowering the rear of my car helped lighting a lot.... ;-)
Old 11-24-2004, 12:20 AM
Kaae
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by kenv
I just can't stand people who love to point out the obvious. Sheesh, as if i didn't notice. ERRRRRr getting all worked up thinkg about it
Old 11-24-2004, 07:40 PM
~db~
Pro

Originally Posted by VTESPEED
Only $25-30 each and made a HUGE difference. EASY replacement install. Best SEALED BEAMS on the market...IMO

Quick Reply: Brightest And Best C4 Headlights.