C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Anyone use/know anything about Facom tools?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2004, 10:02 PM
eschoendorff
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Default Anyone use/know anything about Facom tools?

I see them advertised for $$$$ european cars... was wondering if anyone had any experience with them. What are they comprable to here in the states?
Old 12-25-2004, 10:27 PM
hngacurv
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never heard of them. I buy Snap-On or Craftsman.
Old 12-25-2004, 10:43 PM
Rich Silvestris
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Griot's Garage sells them and they are pricey! I don't see any reason to abandon my current plan: Go to Sears with a broken Craftsman, and they put a new one in my hand, no charge, no question, no wait.
Old 12-25-2004, 11:23 PM
j3studio
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 235 Likes on 77 Posts
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

Very nice, very pricey tools. Ferrari has an endorsement deal with them and seems to actually use them. I think if I had that kind of money, I would probably go with Snap-On...but right now I'm using Craftsman.
Old 12-26-2004, 01:58 AM
bogus
Team Owner

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Facom are serious tools. I think they are better than Snap-on. They just feel nice.
Old 12-26-2004, 02:27 AM
RatC4
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bogus
Facom are serious tools. I think they are better than Snap-on. They just feel nice.
Blasphemy.
Actually I have seen them in Griots. They look like good tools. The Snap-On dealer where I work is the nicest person in the world so I always enjoy buying tools from him. I just bought a set of 3/8 drive metric sockets from him and he acted like I had just purchased the biggest tool box they sell.
One factor in tool purchases is how easy it is to get the tools repaired or replaced. This is the big advantage of Snap-On, Mac, Matco and Craftsman. Craftsman has the greatest advantage because Sears and Orchard supply are open on weekends.
Old 12-26-2004, 04:39 PM
bogus
Team Owner

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by RatC4
Blasphemy.
Actually I have seen them in Griots. They look like good tools. The Snap-On dealer where I work is the nicest person in the world so I always enjoy buying tools from him. I just bought a set of 3/8 drive metric sockets from him and he acted like I had just purchased the biggest tool box they sell.
One factor in tool purchases is how easy it is to get the tools repaired or replaced. This is the big advantage of Snap-On, Mac, Matco and Craftsman. Craftsman has the greatest advantage because Sears and Orchard supply are open on weekends.
I know... but they feel nice.

Personally, I would rather have Snap-on, for just the reasons you explain. You can always track down a truck.

Facom tools are also very light. I think some may be titanium, but that could be wrong.

I think it is a set of Facom tools that came with the McLaren F1.
Old 12-27-2004, 02:52 AM
JD'S WHITE 93
Le Mans Master

Received 1,332 Likes on 674 Posts

Originally Posted by eschoendorff
I see them advertised for $$$$ european cars... was wondering if anyone had any experience with them. What are they comprable to here in the states?
Facom is a division of S.K. hand tools. been around for years and years.
the Facom stuff is their european line. I sell tools for a living and the
Facom line and s.k. are good tools. the only problem is if you break one
finding someone to warranty it is an issue. you can send it to chicago where s.k. is located but it's alot easier to buy from your snap on dealer " better tools" or go to sears. if you want Facom email me and i'll get you a catalog.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone use/know anything about Facom tools?

Quick Reply: Anyone use/know anything about Facom tools?