C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

CCM not reporting PCM codes on '95

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2005, 02:10 AM
JayH
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default CCM not reporting PCM codes on '95

So, I grounded pin 12 on my 16 pin DLC and can read all CCM, DERM, and what?ABS codes off my '95s dash. But no way can I get the 4.1, or 4.anything for that matter. Any idea why she skips straight from 1.x to 9.x and A.x ???

Thanks,
Jay
Old 01-26-2005, 03:47 PM
Blower91
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JayH
So, I grounded pin 12 on my 16 pin DLC and can read all CCM, DERM, and what?ABS codes off my '95s dash. But no way can I get the 4.1, or 4.anything for that matter. Any idea why she skips straight from 1.x to 9.x and A.x ???

Thanks,
Jay
Apart from not reporting DTC, does it appear to work as it should? No other obvious fault?

If everything "looks" OK, I would disconnect a sensor so I know at least one DTC is active. I'm not very familiar with the 95 but would not disconnecting the TPS and turn the ignition on set a code and flash SES? If you are sure at least one code is set in the PCM and the CCM does not report it, I would try a scanner (eg Datamaster) to see if it is able to retrieve any DTCs.

Hope this helps!
Old 01-26-2005, 08:05 PM
JayH
Racer

Yeah, I finally had to go to Datamaster to pull the codes I knew were set. Looks like a bad o2 sensor; I would have needed Datamaster to lead me to that conclusion that quickly anyway but it bothers me that the CCM/ECM doesn't work as the service manual (and others) say it should...

Thanks,
Jay
Old 01-27-2005, 10:10 AM
Blower91
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JayH
Yeah, I finally had to go to Datamaster to pull the codes I knew were set. Looks like a bad o2 sensor; I would have needed Datamaster to lead me to that conclusion that quickly anyway but it bothers me that the CCM/ECM doesn't work as the service manual (and others) say it should...

Thanks,
Jay
Good Datamaster managed to pull the codes. Strange that the CCM fails to do that... I thought that the CCM pulled the codes from your PCM the same way Datamaster does and also that Datamaster connects to the same wires as the CCM and PCM communicates, anyone out there knows if this is the case?

Since Datamaster is able to pull the codes from the PCM I would think that the PCM is OK. At the same time the CCM is able to pull the codes from all systems but not the PCM. I would then guess open/short circuit on the serial communication wire between CCM and PCM but Datamaster is able to communicate with the PCM... hmmm, do you know if the PCM or the CCM has been replaced? Do you have the right PCM and CCM for your Vette? Is the instrument cluster (gauges, lamps etc) working as it should?
Old 01-28-2005, 02:54 AM
JayH
Racer

Originally Posted by Blower91
hmmm, do you know if the PCM or the CCM has been replaced? Do you have the right PCM and CCM for your Vette? Is the instrument cluster (gauges, lamps etc) working as it should?
Don't know about replacement, but I doubt it - everything works fine except for this one little quirk. The FSM states that if the CCM cannot communicate with PCM, etc it will report an 'Err' in the speedo (odo?) section of the dash - I'm not getting even this. Oh well.

Thanks,
Jay

Get notified of new replies

To CCM not reporting PCM codes on '95

Quick Reply: CCM not reporting PCM codes on '95