C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Fuel Injector Cleaning

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2001, 10:01 AM
ZR1
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Injector Cleaning

Well, I got a call this weekend from a ZRoner about a problem he was having. He had sent his plenum, injector housings, and injectors out to be ported and cleaned respectively. Easy enough job. The bits came back ported nicely and the injectors cleaned. He installed everything and the car ran like crap. He was desperate to figure out the problem. I told him to remove the plenum and use a needle and ground it to the maintenance port on the wiring harness. What he found was two of the primary injectors were not firing. Problem solved.

The fact still remined however that there were supposedly clean injectors that did nott fire. It turns out that the injectors were sent to some deisel shop and the procedure was done incorrectly. The only place I know of (there can be others) to do this correctly is RC Engineering. Talk to Russ Collins there. Yes, they are expensive but you know the job is done right when you get your injectors back.
Old 08-07-2001, 01:43 PM
USAZR1
Le Mans Master

Received 1,870 Likes on 1,085 Posts
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Default Re: Fuel Injector Cleaning (ZR1)

Another place to send your injectors to for cleaning & flow-testing is South Georgia Corvette. Aaron told me he could do a set of LT5 injectors for around $200,,pretty inexpensive if you ask me.
Clint Hooper
LT5 Registry
Old 08-14-2001, 10:04 PM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

Received 707 Likes on 543 Posts

Default Re: Fuel Injector Cleaning (USAZR1)

how many miles can the mutics injectors last??? I saw a post from Marc Haibeck advising not to use the cleaner additives as they can do more harm than good.

the mutics replacements are not ez to come by and VERY expensive. over 2k for a set of 16?!?!?!

is there a source for decent pricing on replacement injectors.

I change injectors like the weather in my turbo cars!!!! :confused:
Old 08-14-2001, 10:10 PM
USAZR1
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Fuel Injector Cleaning (Rkreigh)

how many miles can the mutics injectors last??? I saw a post from Marc Haibeck advising not to use the cleaner additives as they can do more harm than good.

the mutics replacements are not ez to come by and VERY expensive. over 2k for a set of 16?!?!?!

is there a source for decent pricing on replacement injectors.

I change injectors like the weather in my turbo cars!!!! :confused:
Ron,supposedly the only safe injector cleaner for our cars are the ones made by Redline and Chevron.
R.C.Engineering in CA sells a complete set of flow-matched Bosch injectors for $1100/set.
Old 08-14-2001, 11:22 PM
4cefed
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Re: Fuel Injector Cleaning (USAZR1)

Another place to send your injectors to for cleaning & flow-testing is South Georgia Corvette. Aaron told me he could do a set of LT5 injectors for around $200,,pretty inexpensive if you ask me.
Clint Hooper
LT5 Registry
I saw the fuel injector cleaner Aaron had in his shop. The unit uses ultrasonic cleaning and he has replacement filters. Then he can patternate and flow the injectors. Nice setup and worth the money.
Old 08-15-2001, 12:04 AM
USAZR1
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Fuel Injector Cleaning (4cefed)

I saw the fuel injector cleaner Aaron had in his shop. The unit uses ultrasonic cleaning and he has replacement filters. Then he can patternate and flow the injectors. Nice setup and worth the money.
Yep, Aaron paid big bucks for that machine.

Get notified of new replies

To Fuel Injector Cleaning

Quick Reply: Fuel Injector Cleaning