C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Help code H41, H62, H72

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 09:23 AM
wikdzr1
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help code H41, H62, H72

Anyone ever have this problem? I was driving along then all of a sudden the following happened:

· SYS flashed on the dash & and the security light was also flashing, secondaries turned off, air-conditioning went warm, and the car bucked, coughed & chugged along. Service ASR light up I pulled over and restarted & she ran good until it happened again the same issue. I pulled the codes and it has a (1)H41, (9)H62, H72 This issue only seems to happen when during the summer it ran great all winter & spring

92 ZR1

regards,
Brett
Old 06-01-2006, 01:00 PM
Jeffvette
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check that your prom is fully seated. Also be prepared for the ecm or prom to possibly die.

41 is the ECM Serial Data (connection to the CCM)
62 is Vats resistance high
72 is LED dimming circuit
Old 06-01-2006, 02:13 PM
wikdzr1
Advanced

Thanks, The Prom is seated, I have also replace the prom with the same results. I have also bypassed the VATS with the resistor. Also, as soon as I push in the clutch rolling to a stop the car will completly die.
Old 06-01-2006, 02:16 PM
Jeffvette
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have access to a spare ecm?
Old 06-01-2006, 02:32 PM
Hooked on Vettes
Melting Slicks

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by wikdzr1
(1)H41, (9)H62, H72
92 ZR1
Brett
I believe Jeff misread your post.

Module 1 CCM Code 41 is Serial Communication problem CCM and ECM.

Are you sure DTC 62 was for Module 9?

Module 9 ABS/ASR Code 62 Tach Pulse Malfunction.
The Tach pulses circuit provides the EBTCM with an indictation of engine RPM to help determine ASR control methods and rates when a ASR event takes place.

The Service ASR indicator will be ON and DTC 62 will set if there is a short to ground, short to B+ or an open in CKT 121. Was the Tach working normally?

Module 9 ABS/ASR Code 72 Serial Data Link Communication malfunction between CCM and EBTCM. DTC 72 will set and the Service ASR indicator will illuminate if the EBTCM detects three consecutive serial data link messages that are ignored due to errors in transmission. CCM DTC 41 will likely be set along with this DTC if the problem is a short to ground or B+ on the serial data circuit.

The CCM also communicates with the C68 Heater A/C
Programmer on the same serial line. So maybe the problem on the serial line caused the problem with the C68 and that's why the AC shut off.

Since you were able to pull the codes the CCM must be communicating with the ECM and EBTCM.

I'd clear the codes and see if they come back. If the problem comes back with the same codes, I'd try reseating the connectors on the CCM.

Last edited by Hooked on Vettes; 06-01-2006 at 11:56 PM.
Old 06-01-2006, 04:47 PM
wikdzr1
Advanced

Thank you guys for your input, I have reset the codes & they do come back. Code 62 was located under (9.) I have checked the connections on the ECM, where Is the CCM located ?

Regards,
Brett
Hershey PA
Old 06-01-2006, 06:27 PM
Hooked on Vettes
Melting Slicks

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Are all three codes coming back and you're positive you cleared them?

Here's how to get to the CCM. Not sure if the 92 is exactly the same but this is how it is on a 90.

1) Remove the negative cable from the battery.
2) Remove the driver seat by unbolting the 4 bolts that hold the seat frame to the body.
3) Unhook the bottom cushion seat latch and lift up the lower seat cushion. This will allow you to disconnect the electrical connectors for the power seat track.
4) Remove the targa top
5) Remove seat from vehicle
6) Remove hush panel Plastic panel with footwell light.
7) Remove the carpeted panel with the Diagnostic connector.
8) Remove the metal panel behind the diag. connector panel.
9) Look at the carpet on the transmission tunnel where it starts to go under the dash. You'll see a small piece of carpet that is velcroed. Peel it back and you'll see a small plastic panel with some screws. Remove the screws and the panel will bend back and expose the CCM.
10) The CCM is a silver metal box bolted in like at a 45 degree angle. There is a black metal bracket with a bunch of bolts in all different directions that you remove. Once that is done, the CCM will slide out towards the driverside door. The book for a 93 (I know you have a 92) says you need to remove a relay to get more room before the CCM will come out. As you pull the CCM out, on the back of it will be 2 connectors. It's a very tight fit and the harness has very little slack. The two radio electrical connectors can sometimes hang up and cause problems in pulling out and reinstalling the CCM. The CCM is probably one of most difficult items to remove.
Old 06-02-2006, 09:18 AM
wikdzr1
Advanced

Ouch looks like a trip to the local dealer $$$$$$$$$

Thanks for your help my brothers I will keep you posted
Brett
Old 07-28-2017, 12:18 PM
dakleenupman
Pro

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16

Originally Posted by wikdzr1
Ouch looks like a trip to the local dealer $$$$$$$$$

Thanks for your help my brothers I will keep you posted
Brett
11 years later..... What ended up happening?
Old 10-18-2017, 03:14 PM
scotth48
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by dakleenupman
11 years later..... What ended up happening?
Yes, i would like to know too!

Get notified of new replies

To Help code H41, H62, H72

Quick Reply: Help code H41, H62, H72