C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Seat belt retractor

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 09:00 PM
razar
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat belt retractor

Anyone know where I can get a driver side retractor? Or would I need to buy the whole seat belt assembly? I am trying to resolve an old recall on the seat belts.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:36 PM
Zethco
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '06

Do a search on the seatbelts - I did recently since mine just lock up all the F'n time.

I could swear someone recently posted that they were able to get the stealership to fix it.

But keep us/me posted. Good subject.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:42 PM
razar
Cruising

Originally Posted by Zethco
Do a search on the seatbelts - I did recently since mine just lock up all the F'n time.

I could swear someone recently posted that they were able to get the stealership to fix it.

But keep us/me posted. Good subject.
Thanks. I'll do a search. The dealership can get the passenger side but the drivers side is no longer available.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:12 AM
ßill
Racer

I talked to a local dealership about the recall (#27482 & 27483) on seat belts. I was told that I got the last belt in the system for the pass side, there were none available for the drivers side. Good luck in finding new belts. The problem that the recall was to cure was retractor lock up. The person I worked with is RichieRichZ06 over on the northern California regional forum
Old 07-07-2007, 12:43 AM
razar
Cruising

Originally Posted by ßill
I talked to a local dealership about the recall (#27482 & 27483) on seat belts. I was told that I got the last belt in the system for the pass side, there were none available for the drivers side. Good luck in finding new belts. The problem that the recall was to cure was retractor lock up. The person I worked with is RichieRichZ06 over on the northern California regional forum
Thanks for the info. My problem seems to be one where the retractor doesn't lock at all. The recall doesn't say whats wrong with the belt only that it may fail.

Get notified of new replies

To Seat belt retractor

Quick Reply: Seat belt retractor