C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

HELP! My Z dynoed at 180 HP!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 02:10 AM
dallas916
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Screw the key. Get that thing P&P'd and get the chip to match. 4:10's and some sticky tires and you'll never have to worry about being "on" again.

Talk to Marc or Corey Henderson.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:52 AM
Vette X 3
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Corey had my car for 4 hours trying to find the source of a high/erratic idle and we never did get it. A GM tech a year later said take the ported TB off and put a stock one back on and have never had the problem since. This is not a knock on Corey as everyone can have a good or bad day. The good thing is the wealth of choices you have. Cost me $450 for a dyno and LS1 edit that didn't find the problem. I want to make sure we are talking about FLP- If that isn't Corey my apologies to him! It also was my C5 and not my ZR-1.

Jason Smith, a GM tech and long time friend to the Vette forum also just opened a shop in the Dyer/Merriville/Scherville area and is doing lots of headers, gears, cams, etc. No dyno yet. However, he is Mr. Goodwrench certified for many years and has access to resources at GM not everybody has. I will try to get his new shop number for those that did not see him at the Valparaiso Vette Show a couple months ago. He is very reasonable, but does not work on as many Z's as Marc or some of this forum's regulars. He is just honest as heck and will not quit on ya until you are 100% happy. Quality individual.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:53 PM
CoronaL
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol, if you can't tell a difference between your fiancee's C6 and your 1/2 power car wow!
C6's aren't weak, but they are a bit "tame" compared to C4's in regards to how power feels. Especially if it's an auto.

My near stock 92 felt ok, but compared to my 01Z06 was NOWHERE near the car in acceleration. C6 should be somewhat close to my 01Z.

I think you'll need a diaper when you get your car at full power b/c again, if you think it's fast now lol, WOW! It's not even L98 power yet . Get it fixed and enjoy the TRUE ZR1 experience

Quick Reply: HELP! My Z dynoed at 180 HP!!!!!