C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

replaced the gauge cluster lens WOW

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 11:02 PM
Goldcylon
Tech Contributor

Received 100 Likes on 90 Posts

Default replaced the gauge cluster lens WOW

Wow what a difference. My Madvet replacement cluster lens came into tonight so I replaced mine which had always bugged me since I bought the Z. I had a large gnarl kind of scratch from the previous owner right in the center of the display the size of a half dollar. The normal type of key scratches and other surface type of scratches. Only microfiber is touching this area again lol. Easy swap took less than an hour you do need to drop the steering wheel but not a hard job. I went for a night test drive and man does that display look different.

If anybody else is interested in doing this job I was able to pickup the part from the MADVET Christmas catalog for $49.99 it’s currently listed at $ 59.99 which is the correct new price on their website but they will honor the Christmas catalog price. If you need the code on the back of my catalog post here and I will post the info and the part number in the morning to help other forum members out. Just thought I mention it if you were remotely considering doing the same job and wanted to save $10 in the process. Hell that’s 3 Gallons of normal road Shell high test!!! GC

Last edited by Goldcylon; 11-28-2007 at 11:04 PM.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:12 PM
Goldcylon
Tech Contributor

Wow 80 views and no reply I guess I was the only Z owner that needed to replace the gauge cluster lens?
Old 11-29-2007, 12:17 PM
Crabs
Melting Slicks

Received 85 Likes on 61 Posts

Darryl:

I'm not sure mine has ever been cleaned...
But then "Girlfriend" only has 11k miles on her and she's rarely parked outside.

Tom
Old 11-29-2007, 12:36 PM
Goldcylon
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by Crabs
Darryl:

I'm not sure mine has ever been cleaned...
But then "Girlfriend" only has 11k miles on her and she's rarely parked outside.

Tom
Yeah understood Tom mine is a daily driver so Im sure more wear and tear!!! How are those accels working?
Old 11-29-2007, 12:49 PM
Crabs
Melting Slicks

Received 85 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Goldcylon
Yeah understood Tom mine is a daily driver so Im sure more wear and tear!!! How are those accels working?
Accels working fine.

Austin Powers/ Ooooohhhhhh YYYeaaa, Baby!!! / Austin Powers

Get notified of new replies

To replaced the gauge cluster lens WOW

Quick Reply: replaced the gauge cluster lens WOW