C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

C4 Gathering & BBQ ALL ARE INVITED

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 10:51 AM
FU
NCM Lifetime # 982
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20

Default C4 Gathering & BBQ ALL ARE INVITED

This was posted on the ZR1net by Jim VanDorn. ALLare invited to attend our 20th gathering. This will be an extra special event , there will be lots to do and many people to see and meet. Please come and join us.
Thank you.

Re: The BBQ on Thursday Nite, May 13th.
Thanks for your email responses gang, it's going crazy. It's a little bit early to be counting heads right now but we'll need to get a count as we get closer. Sounds like a heck of a turnout already. I wanted to add something. Several of you have offered to contribute to the cause. Well, we'll run up a bill with a band or DJ, some good food and a couple of kegs for the weeknd, decorations, video projector, etc, etc. So, IF you would like to contribute, you can mail a check or use my PayPal account (vandornjim@aol.com). If you use PayPal, look for the reason of sending money and there will be a tab marked "personal". Using this will avoid the usual fees they take out.

I will keep a list of contributions and contributors and make sure you all are rewarded for your efforts. I've found several large boxes with various Corvette, Pirate and ZR-1 T-shirts which might be perfect for you all. Also, any leftover funds will be used to buy a brick, etc, donation to the NCM so don't be shy. And let me add this. Anyone who contributes $50 or more will receive a brand new Legend Lives 18 page full color brochure from April 1995. It is packed with color pictures and advertisers, and many notable people from the ZR-1 community, many of whom are no longer with us. This would make one heck of a nice autograph book for this event after some 15 years ago it was printed. I have sold these on EBay for over $100 EACH. I have a very limited supply but will offer them in appreciation and in order to help make this event a terrific and memorable success. While they last!

Of course you all know that I like to make our events something to remember so rest assured there will be a little package given out to each of you regardless of any contributions. I would like to ask each of you to once again send me photos of your cars so I can do a commemorative DVD. Photos should be of a ZR-1/Grand Sport, no people, in scenic or historical landmark themes. Military/Armed Forces pics work really well. I'll need 30-40 so dig deep.

Of course we don't want to interfere with any other plans, i.e., the NCM or Registry agendas. These thoughts are just for Thursday nite's little get together here at Auto Masters. It seems there is another BBQ scheduled for Friday so let me say that we'll look to set the menu different than the usual. And remember. A very special award goes to the most ZR-1 and Grand Sport dressed/equipped. I'd say we better have a Mr & Ms of each!!

Thanks in advance!!
Jvd & the Mutt
Old 03-20-2010, 11:33 AM
LT5corsa
1994 Admiral Blue ZZZZZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 97 Likes on 41 Posts
Northeast Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

hey Mutt,

I contributed and looking forward to it! Thanks for working on this.

David

Quick Reply: C4 Gathering & BBQ ALL ARE INVITED