C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Leaking Waterpump?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 04:47 PM
TommyL
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Leaking Waterpump?

I got my 90 out of storage yesterday and found a small pool of coolent under it. I filled it up (took maybe a liter) and drove around a little then home. It didn't over heat and worked very well. Today I see another small pool of coolent under the front cross member right about where the pump is, had a look with the flashlight and it has a drip every so often from the bottom of the waterpump.. looks like its leaking from the gasket?

My question's are: Where can I get a reasonably priced pump and gasket? How much work is it to change? Does anyone have detailed instruction on how to go about this?

Looks like it may take a little time to do this job and while I'm at it is there anything else I should look at?.

Thanks, Tom
Old 04-11-2010, 06:48 PM
Z51JEFF
Race Director

Received 643 Likes on 420 Posts
2022 C4 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Corvette Centrals got G.M. pumps for $200,this comes with the gasket.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:11 PM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Job isnt as bad as it looks (just be patient), just clean the area real good and dont miss any bolts. Hardest part for me was getting the stupid lower hose clamp and hose off. May as well replace the hoses while youre at it and get ahold of Randy Woods for a lower temp stat.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:28 PM
TommyL
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cuisinartvette
Job isnt as bad as it looks (just be patient), just clean the area real good and dont miss any bolts. Hardest part for me was getting the stupid lower hose clamp and hose off. May as well replace the hoses while youre at it and get ahold of Randy Woods for a lower temp stat.
Thanks for the replys. I have fairly new samco hoses and a 185 (I think) stat.. so should be good to go once I get the pump and gasket. I will take the rad out clean in and around where ever I can at the same time. One thing I do like about these cars is the fact that the hood is the entire front of the car and makes it alot easier for the "do it yourselfer" to access everything. When it gets right down to it... its all just nuts and bolts.

Get notified of new replies

To Leaking Waterpump?

Quick Reply: Leaking Waterpump?