C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

20th Anniversary Report

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 11:17 PM
88BlackZ-51
Race Director

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

I didnt make it down this year, but I have been twice with Dwight, and Kurt. I am just curious why the auto-x is in such a tight (small) parking lot? I plan to come next year, and I was wondering if there is a chance that the cars can be ran in a location to where you can get out of 1st gear.

Is there anyone I can voice my opinions at in regards to this? Alot of people go to socialize and stare at motors (which is fine), but I myself enjoy driving the cars as they were built for.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:56 AM
Brett Richmond
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There are not to many places that will allow it to be run on there property, it used to be run at the plant until a worker was hit by a blue vette back around 2000 I think
Old 05-20-2010, 12:38 PM
JThomas
Burning Brakes

Received 81 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by ZR1North
This sounds more serious than last year's alternator problems, Joe. Sounds like the old gal is being demanding of you, but you get back what you give.

Good luck with the repairs. Hope we can connect sometime over the summer.

Take care,

Bob
Yeah Bob:

I probably should have started this project this way first. But I was trying to enjoy the car at the same time. Things are just catching up with me. It was a planned 2-3 year project, and I'm in the third year, so it's close to completion.

Our club has a show scheduled for June 5th at Les Stanford so stop on by. I've got three ZR-1's that will be showing.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:43 PM
JThomas
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 88BlackZ-51
I didnt make it down this year, but I have been twice with Dwight, and Kurt. I am just curious why the auto-x is in such a tight (small) parking lot? I plan to come next year, and I was wondering if there is a chance that the cars can be ran in a location to where you can get out of 1st gear.

Is there anyone I can voice my opinions at in regards to this? Alot of people go to socialize and stare at motors (which is fine), but I myself enjoy driving the cars as they were built for.
They used to run the event at Beach Bend as well as the plant. Over the past few years, the turn out for autocross has become less. I would only think if the new Motorsports Complex is completed, we will have a very nice autocross course to run on and more people will sign up. The plans for the new course are already in the works, so they will probably continue using Trace Industries until the Motorsports Complex is completed.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:34 PM
Redline7g
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Our club has a show scheduled for June 5th at Les Stanford so stop on by. I've got three ZR-1's that will be showing. [/QUOTE]

Are you also going to the Corvettes at the Summit show in Canton on July 10th? We are planning on going to that one.

Randy
Old 05-21-2010, 11:18 PM
ZR1North
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JThomas
Yeah Bob:

I probably should have started this project this way first. But I was trying to enjoy the car at the same time. Things are just catching up with me. It was a planned 2-3 year project, and I'm in the third year, so it's close to completion.

Our club has a show scheduled for June 5th at Les Stanford so stop on by. I've got three ZR-1's that will be showing.
Would definately like to make that, Joe. What time are you gathering at Stanford Chevrolet?
Old 05-22-2010, 01:49 AM
JThomas
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ZR1North
Would definately like to make that, Joe. What time are you gathering at Stanford Chevrolet?
Bob, we will get there early, around 8:30 A.M.

Randy, I wasn't aware of the other show in Canton, but I will check my schedule.
Old 05-25-2010, 07:46 PM
ZR1North
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JThomas
Bob, we will get there early, around 8:30 A.M.

Randy, I wasn't aware of the other show in Canton, but I will check my schedule.
Will send you a PM Joe - Bob

Quick Reply: 20th Anniversary Report