C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

DOOR LOCK KEY STUCK!!! door won't unlock!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 10:08 AM
wro87
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default DOOR LOCK KEY STUCK!!! door won't unlock!!

Almost had a major o@#@$ late yesturdy!! Was at the Big Box hardware store went out to put some items on the passenger floor went to unlock the door 92' Z(been years since done that). Well as I turned the key to unlock, it turned but would not unlock and then would not turn back and the key was STUCK! Took about 15min to finally to get it to pull out of the lock (still the door is locked and did not want to call the wifey for extra key about an hour away). Well went to the drivers door and worked fine but now can not get the passenger door to unlock from either the inside or out. Do you guys think I could use a slimjim to unlock it? And do you think I should post this in the tech side?

wro87
Old 08-31-2010, 11:00 AM
ShawnZR-1
Race Director

Received 81 Likes on 32 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'05-'06-'10-'11-'12

Sounds like something is jammed up pretty good in the door! If you try to manually move the door lock (not the electric lock), what happens? Does it move at all? You're going to have to get the door unlocked and open in order to remove the door panel and see what's going on inside there.

I'd also post over in C4 tech since this isn't an exclusive ZR-1 problem. Someone over there may have had something similar happen and be able to give you better guidance.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:59 PM
wro87
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks SHAWN will send it over to the other side also and FYI I can get the inside lock to move a little both ways but can not get the door to relase to open.

wro87
Old 08-31-2010, 05:56 PM
Tyler Townsley
Melting Slicks

Received 63 Likes on 27 Posts

Mine did the same thing. Sprayed some penetrating oil on door mech with the window down and it fried up.

Tyler
Old 09-01-2010, 02:21 PM
USAFPILOT
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tyler Townsley
Mine did the same thing. Sprayed some penetrating oil on door mech with the window down and it fried up.

Tyler
Do This...will fix it! You've gotta have some passengers along for the ride a little more often. Haha! These cars get tempermental when they aren't used enough.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:26 PM
Jameel Johnson
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Key Stuck in Door

I had a similar experience in my Stingray. I put the key in the driver side door and the key got stuck. I couldn't get it to turn or come out. Ultimately, I had to get it towed home then have a <a href="http://www.lockupservices.ca/resdidential.html">locksmith in Toronto</a> look at it. He said that there was something in the lock that caught the key and left it jammed. Best of luck to you!
Old 07-25-2013, 01:47 PM
mike100
Safety Car

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Get a can of silicone lube and jam that red spray tube in there the best you can and get it wet. maybe tap the lock cylinder with something to get the stuck tumbler to move into the unlocked position.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:12 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,262 Likes on 2,025 Posts

Originally Posted by Jameel Johnson
I had a similar experience in my Stingray. I put the key in the driver side door and the key got stuck. I couldn't get it to turn or come out. Ultimately, I had to get it towed home then have a <a href="http://www.lockupservices.ca/resdidential.html">locksmith in Toronto</a> look at it. He said that there was something in the lock that caught the key and left it jammed. Best of luck to you!
This in response to a thread that's 34 months or so old. When you "stumble upon" a thread that seems to interest you it's sometimes quite wise to maybe check the "dates"!
Old 07-26-2013, 03:36 PM
secondchance
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by WVZR-1
When you "stumble upon" a thread that seems to interest you it's sometimes quite wise to maybe check the "dates"!
Confucious says!

Get notified of new replies

To DOOR LOCK KEY STUCK!!! door won't unlock!!

Quick Reply: DOOR LOCK KEY STUCK!!! door won't unlock!!