C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Not being paid for work you do....

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2002, 11:16 AM
Team Owner

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Default Re: Not being paid for work you do.... (ZR1)

I can't believe Jeff hasn't taken care of this yet.

I don't know if this helps, but in my business, this happens every day.
I have a Furniture store, and we do our own in house credit, I know all the excuses by heart, infact I can write a book full. You wouldn't believe how many default on their debt evey year at my place, and when you finally make contact with them ( very rare ) they have this I don't give a shiet attitude.
Old 06-28-2002, 11:17 AM
ZR-1DUDE
Drifting

Received 405 Likes on 223 Posts

Default Re: Not being paid for work you do.... (8388)

Post his phone number so everybody can call him...
Old 06-28-2002, 11:33 AM
ZR-1DUDE
Drifting

Received 405 Likes on 223 Posts

Default Re: Not being paid for work you do.... (ZR-1DUDE)

I had to comment over there...
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zero...ply&id=3279974
Old 06-28-2002, 11:39 AM
h3
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I received a terse, two sentence email from him on Tuesday after all this came out saying he had sent me a check for the resonator the day before. Tuesday was one week after he received a certified letter from me requesting payment. That letter included a stamped envelope, laser printed with my address and delivery point barcode. If mailed on Monday, you'd think it would be here. Anyone want to take bets on whether it shows up today?

Kurt, are you having any difficulties?
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=323515

Hal
Old 06-28-2002, 12:19 PM
LIMEY
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Not being paid for work you do.... (h3)

Nope, whenever Jeff has purchased anything from us, he has paid by credit card. I shipped him his coolant hoses last week & was paid for them via his Visa card, I will not ship out unless payment is made up front.

It is a real shame that Jim has experienced this, I can see why he shipped the goods without been paid, & I can assure you, he'll not do that again.

The sad part is, I doubt that it's not the money part now that's pissing Jim off, it's probably the fact that Jeff is still buying parts for his car.

I mean, we all run into a bind with cash flow at some point in time, but it's how you handle the situation, & this was handled wrong.

I think I can safely say, had Jeff just told Jim he was strapped for cash & could he pay him over time, or even a bit later down the road, then I think that would have been OK, but to continuously post on the board about the upgrades that you made to your car & the new purchases you've acquired, well, damn, that's a bit rubbing it in I think.

I see NO reason why Jim couldn't request a 50% payment up front & the rest upon completion, with his reputation on the board, you have NOTHING to be concerned about. I do not agree with paying for the entire job 100% up front, things happen in our personal lives that can seriously delay a project, if you’ve been paid for the whole job, then it cam become a real problem.

I am betting that Jim only gets paid when people send him cash or checks, I am not sure if he's setup to take credit cards, but f he's not, then he ay want to look into paypal, it a pretty damn good way to get paid, that way his clients can pay him by credit card & everybody’s taken care of. I use it every day, I never go to the bank any more, it's all done electronically, very handy.

What does get me though is this, Jeff will not ever be able to post on this ZR-1 board again, and he’ll not be able to attend any gatherings or meets without feeling like a leper.

I do hope that Jim & Jeff can sort this out.

Kurt.
http://www.whiteracingproducts.com

Old 06-28-2002, 12:30 PM
Team Owner

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Default Re: Not being paid for work you do.... (LIMEY)

Jeff, do the right thing, so we can all put all this under the bridge. And you can continue to be part of the gang here. I'm sure all will be forgiven if you step up to the plate.
:cheers:
Old 06-28-2002, 12:35 PM
C56spd
Pro

I mean, we all run into a bind with cash flow at some point in time, but it's how you handle the situation, & this was handled wrong.

I think I can safely say, had Jeff just told Jim he was strapped for cash & could he pay him over time, or even a bit later down the road, then I think that would have been OK, but to continuously post on the board about the upgrades that you made to your car & the new purchases you've acquired, well, damn, that's a bit rubbing it in I think.
I could understand a "lay-away" deal if you don't have the money, BUT you don't get the part UNTIL you pay. It is different if ones car is broke down and it is their sole mode of transportation and they don't have the money. But this sounds like a case where he was wanting optional service/parts....I see no excuse, sorry. Still, there is always two sides to every story, I think we would all love to hear his side.

The ZR1 community is just too small and tight to treat "brothers" poorly. :rolleyes:

[Modified by C56spd, 10:37 AM 6/28/2002]
Old 06-28-2002, 12:38 PM
9TZR1
Racer

For the life of me I can not figure out why a person would want to destroy their reputation.I value my reputation as much as I do my life. I don't know this person personally, but it appears he enjoys his Z and the boards. He might as well sell his Z and go on to something else. He will never be trusted again around here no matter what the out come. Man what ashame!
Old 06-28-2002, 12:39 PM
ZR1
Drifting

The sad part is, I doubt that it's not the money part now that's pissing Jim off, it's probably the fact that Jeff is still buying parts for his car.

What does get me though is this, Jeff will not ever be able to post on this ZR-1 board again, and he?ll not be able to attend any gatherings or meets without feeling like a leper.
You hit the nail on the head. I was about to post asking people not to slag him because we don't know his circumstances and that I had taken this as a lesson learned and move on. I was holding no malice towards him. However, when I saw he is doing all this other stuff I just couldn't believe it. It really made me very mad and was just a slap in the face to me. How could a person do this? Yeah, I know there are crooks in the world but I never envisioned a ZR-1 owner would treat me like this. Pehaps I shouldn't have lashed out at him but I'm only human. Allow me to induldge myself and be pissed off for a moment and we will move on. Let's start enjoying our hobby and cars. It is a lot more pleasant I assure you.

Matter of fact, there may be some news coming shortly from Texas I hear. Something about a new dyno that will be able to do two and four wheel drive cars.
Old 06-28-2002, 12:44 PM
RatRacer
Safety Car

Received 118 Likes on 73 Posts

Default Re: Not being paid for work you do.... (h3)

I received a terse, two sentence email from him on Tuesday after all this came out saying he had sent me a check for the resonator the day before. Tuesday was one week after he received a certified letter from me requesting payment. That letter included a stamped envelope, laser printed with my address and delivery point barcode. If mailed on Monday, you'd think it would be here. Anyone want to take bets on whether it shows up today?

Hal
I'd like to see that e-mail. Jeff Flint puts you off for four months while he spends money on other parts for his car, then he writes you a nastygram?

Is this guy some kind of sociopath in training?

What really gets me is how impatient Jeff was for Jim to finish the port work on his intake. Jim busted his butt to do the job as quickly as possible while at the same time he was dealing with a major reorganization at his real job!

Jeff Flint, you are a major scum bag!

[Modified by RatRacer, 11:07 AM 6/28/2002]
Old 06-28-2002, 01:23 PM
91mongoose
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Not being paid for work you do.... (8388)

Jeff, do the right thing, so we can all put all this under the bridge. And you can continue to be part of the gang here. I'm sure all will be forgiven if you step up to the plate.
But do it soon...
Old 06-28-2002, 01:26 PM
SurfnSun
Team Owner

Received 522 Likes on 342 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Default Re: Not being paid for work you do.... (RatRacer)

Jeff Flint, you are a major scum bag!

[Modified by RatRacer, 11:07 AM 6/28/2002]
Cam, I totally agree here! :cheers: Jim is being WAY too nice to this guy. Yea if something bad happens financially thats ALMOST understandable(IMHO you shouldn't keep yourself that strapped, which is why I don't have my new car yet, I want to enjoy it comfortably), but if you keep modding your car before paying the last bill you owe...thats just not right.

Pay the man or be forever unwelcome at any Corvette events.

[Modified by SurfnSun, 12:28 PM 6/28/2002]
Old 06-28-2002, 02:47 PM
4cefed
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Re: Not being paid for work you do.... (SurfnSun)

He's not going to pay. Just go back and read some thread's that he participated in the last few week's. Some of which sounds very ironic in retrospect.
No, I think ZR1 and Hal got stiffed on this one. He is also trying to sell part's in other part's of the forum. I would be willing to bet that he won't ship until he has been paid. Then he would probably not ship the part and stiff those guy's as well.
Old 06-28-2002, 02:58 PM
ConeKLR
Safety Car

Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: Not being paid for work you do.... (Rkreigh)

Leins are fun. You owe a piece of their azz.....until they pay up. That stays forever until paid. Get ready for all the excuses.
Uh, my dog died, my parrot died, family member died, i have herpes, i sent the money, i thought i paid already, do you take checks, I'll give ya an I.O.U... :D :lol:
Old 06-28-2002, 02:58 PM
9TZR1
Racer

I wonder if this could be the same guy that screwed someone on a transmission about a year ago. There was a huge thread on that under C4 General. Hmmmmm
Old 06-28-2002, 03:02 PM
ConeKLR
Safety Car

Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: Not being paid for work you do.... (ConeKLR)

I sense Jeff is getting so close to getting on the Blacklist/Troll list.
I thought jeff was a cool guy from prior post.
Jeff, don't know you from adam or the whole story. But I really think you should come on here and s'splain to ZR1 what's going on. You don't owe us an explaination but you do to ZR1.
Do the right thing dude.

Old 06-28-2002, 03:25 PM
Zora
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: Not being paid for work you do.... (9T ZR-1)

Get notified of new replies

To Not being paid for work you do....

Old 06-28-2002, 03:41 PM
RedWhiteandBlue
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Not being paid for work you do.... (Zora)

Jim, sorry you had to go through this. I can imagine how frustrating and irritating it must be.

Jeff, if you want to salvage your reputation you're going to have to come up with a GREAT story, and post it today...IMHO....

[Modified by Barry94TorchRed, 3:33 PM 6/28/2002]
Old 06-28-2002, 03:57 PM
BiZ
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Not being paid for work you do.... (9TZR1)

I wonder if this could be the same guy that screwed someone on a transmission about a year ago. There was a huge thread on that under C4 General. Hmmmmm
:nonod:
Different guy.

But none the less Jim should be compensated for his labors. I always require half down and half upon completion for any custom mold work I do. I hope this gets resolved very soon. Best of luck to you Jim.
Old 06-28-2002, 04:08 PM
Bluevette85
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check out his ebay feedback. Seems like he's had a problem before.
http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...erid=jeff97cam

Quick Reply: Not being paid for work you do....