C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

ZR-1 on Car Dollies

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2013, 08:29 AM
GreaseMonkey
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
PA Events Coordinator

Default ZR-1 on Car Dollies

I put my ZR-1 up on car dollies last weekend. I have a concern with the width of the rear tires compared to the width of the dollies.

Is there anything I can do to reduce my concern, other than taking it off the dollies?

Should the dolly be centered on the read tires?

Maybe a board between the tire and dolly?

TIA
Old 10-19-2013, 08:55 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,271 Likes on 2,032 Posts

Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey
I put my ZR-1 up on car dollies last weekend. I have a concern with the width of the rear tires compared to the width of the dollies.

Is there anything I can do to reduce my concern, other than taking it off the dollies?

Should the dolly be centered on the read tires?

Maybe a board between the tire and dolly?

TIA
There's many types of "wheel dollies" and I'd think to give you any input at all a person would need to know exactly what product you have. Snapshots of the product "in use" you've got would help considerably.

You've asked three questions and the answer to all are likely better answered after viewing snapshots. Without snapshots I'd say if you're "concerned" enough to ask the question then the car doesn't belong on the dollies!
Old 10-19-2013, 09:21 AM
zr1fred
Race Director

Received 71 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by WVZR-1
There's many types of "wheel dollies" and I'd think to give you any input at all a person would need to know exactly what product you have. Snapshots of the product "in use" you've got would help considerably.

You've asked three questions and the answer to all are likely better answered after viewing snapshots. Without snapshots I'd say if you're "concerned" enough to ask the question then the car doesn't belong on the dollies!
Old 10-19-2013, 11:04 AM
black88z51
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dolly should be wider than tire. tire should sit on a "v", no board.

Get notified of new replies

To ZR-1 on Car Dollies

Quick Reply: ZR-1 on Car Dollies