C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Mid Texas C4 ZR-1 meet

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 11:13 PM
jss06c6
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Not too many choices in Buffalo. There's a Dickey's BBQ on the west side of 45 on hwy 79. Otherwise burger joints. Food and drink in the park good by me..
Old 09-19-2014, 06:53 AM
MickeyD
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey guys. Anyone from Houston area that wants to go, we have 3 from the Houston area. Meeting and leaving at 10am tomorrow. PM me for the details.
Old 09-19-2014, 08:29 AM
Fully Vetted
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So, the plan right now is bring a cooler with whatever you want to eat and drink. We can decide at some point if we want to go for a drive or whatever. It's just kind of off the cuff for now. More or less an opportunity to meet everyone.

There is a brand new pavilion where we will be but I would bring a chair just in case. Hopefully, I can find a nice shady spot to park the cars.

You guys be safe and we'll see you tomorrow!
Old 09-19-2014, 04:03 PM
combatdoc
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't know anyone around here other than Austin Jon with a ZR-1, just C5's and 6"s. My wife may be coming with me as well, looking for a babysitter!
Old 09-19-2014, 07:24 PM
Fully Vetted
Racer

Let me know if she comes, Dan. I can probably talk mine into coming.
Old 09-20-2014, 08:15 AM
bigike
Instructor

Did this happen? I'm offshore, wish I could have made it...
Old 09-20-2014, 08:28 AM
MickeyD
Racer

Originally Posted by bigike
Did this happen? I'm offshore, wish I could have made it...
Happening this morning.
Old 09-20-2014, 11:38 PM
Fully Vetted
Racer

Thanks to Dan, Mike, Leon and Steve (and his beautiful bride) for taking the time to make this meet happen. It was great meeting you guys and Leon... don't be afraid to lay into that beast. Believe me, she can take it.

Here a couple of pics...

Red was definitely the color of the day. Leon's (first in above pic) is a well preserved 9K mile original '94 that he just picked up this month.

It took Dan's rare Polo II Green and The Beast to keep it from being a clean sweep!

And of course, the motley Texas Crew (myself, Dan, Mike, Leon and Steve).

We had a great visit. Steve and his wife made sure we were all well fed. Even though Mike had to make his own plate. Oh, the humanity!

Weather was perfect. Park was perfect. Visit was perfect. You are all a great group of people and we are honored to have you in the club.

Leon...you're officially one of the Crew, now. Welcome!
Old 09-21-2014, 03:29 PM
jss06c6
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Dave,

Thanks for putting this together. Great weather to let the beasts out for a stretch! The "Red" boys from Houston kept it under 100 for MOST of the trip home Caught up to about 6 Corvettes running south on I45 around Huntsville. One C5 and the balance C6's. Good to see these guys out for a run on a stellar day. We came up behind and joined in for a few miles. Pace was too slow for the ZR-1's so we passed and waved to them. Very cool. Gave the rest of the folks on I45 quite a show. You don't see the porche guys or the blue oval guy out in force like Corvette owners.. We're a better breed, eh?

Stopped at Woody's so Mike could pick up lots of goodies to take home, then hot footed it back to Houston.

ZR-1's invade park in Buffalo TX..

Nice looking set of ZR-1's! Too bad the drivers aren't as good looking...

Had to stop a Woody's to let Mike pick up goodies to take home!
Old 09-21-2014, 11:35 PM
MickeyD
Racer

Originally Posted by jss06c6
Dave,

Thanks for putting this together. Great weather to let the beasts out for a stretch! The "Red" boys from Houston kept it under 100 for MOST of the trip home Caught up to about 6 Corvettes running south on I45 around Huntsville. One C5 and the balance C6's. Good to see these guys out for a run on a stellar day. We came up behind and joined in for a few miles. Pace was too slow for the ZR-1's so we passed and waved to them. Very cool. Gave the rest of the folks on I45 quite a show. You don't see the porche guys or the blue oval guy out in force like Corvette owners.. We're a better breed, eh?

Stopped at Woody's so Mike could pick up lots of goodies to take home, then hot footed it back to Houston.

ZR-1's invade park in Buffalo TX..

Nice looking set of ZR-1's! Too bad the drivers aren't as good looking...

Had to stop a Woody's to let Mike pick up goodies to take home!
But aren't we better looking than some......maybe?
Old 09-22-2014, 07:51 AM
jss06c6
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Yep, probably better looking than some.. maybe! Had a great time, not too many bugs on the bumper when I got home..
Old 09-22-2014, 07:59 AM
MickeyD
Racer

Originally Posted by jss06c6
Yep, probably better looking than some.. maybe! Had a great time, not too many bugs on the bumper when I got home..
Was a lot of fun. I hope we can do some more of these. It's better than sticking to the same roads around the homestead.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:19 AM
combatdoc
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MickeyD
Was a lot of fun. I hope we can do some more of these. It's better than sticking to the same roads around the homestead.

It was nice to put some faces to names, people, cars, weather, and the sandwiches were great! Thanks to those that showed up and to those that couldn't show hope to meet up with you in the future.
Oh, thanks again for setting this up crazy Dave!
Old 09-23-2014, 11:08 PM
Fully Vetted
Racer

It was my pleasure, guys. Now get your **** together so we can all caravan to BG! We need to show all those easterners that you don't mess with the Texas Crew or we'll just show up en masse and take over.
Old 09-23-2014, 11:51 PM
USAZR1
Le Mans Master

Received 1,870 Likes on 1,085 Posts
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Time to plan a GTG in Decatur so we can get the D/FW owners to bring out their cars.
Old 09-24-2014, 10:24 AM
MickeyD
Racer

Originally Posted by Fully Vetted
It was my pleasure, guys. Now get your **** together so we can all caravan to BG! We need to show all those easterners that you don't mess with the Texas Crew or we'll just show up en masse and take over.
My wife and I are in for BG.
Old 09-24-2014, 05:12 PM
ghlkal
Safety Car

Received 491 Likes on 392 Posts
2023 C4 of the Year Finalist- Modified
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Modified
C4 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
2018 C4 of Year Finalist

That looked like a great event.

Thanks for sharing the pics

Get notified of new replies

To Mid Texas C4 ZR-1 meet

Old 10-01-2014, 10:23 PM
Fully Vetted
Racer

Originally Posted by MickeyD
My wife and I are in for BG.
I was talking to my wife about going but she knows I'm going to want to hang with the guys and stuff so we are planning a road trip east in 2 weeks and it will include BG. She wants to see the sink hole before it's filled in she wants to see the cars. She's a car girl but after a couple of days she's ready for something else.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:10 PM
MickeyD
Racer

Originally Posted by Fully Vetted
I was talking to my wife about going but she knows I'm going to want to hang with the guys and stuff so we are planning a road trip east in 2 weeks and it will include BG. She wants to see the sink hole before it's filled in she wants to see the cars. She's a car girl but after a couple of days she's ready for something else.
My wife is not into cars but is in to road trips. She'll go just to go. Besides who will make my plate for the time that we are there?
Old 05-20-2016, 05:55 PM
Fully Vetted
Racer

Hey, guys. Let's try and get together before it hits 105 degrees and your waiting until midnight when it drops to a cool front like 97 to check your mail. The Buffalo meet at the State Park on 45 worked out pretty well last time and is pretty central to the state. If you guys are good with that (or have another idea) let me know what weekend would be good. The map is posted above.

Let me know...

Quick Reply: Mid Texas C4 ZR-1 meet