C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

map sensor removal zr1

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 12:32 PM
slovie
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default map sensor removal zr1

looks like no easy way to remove map sensor without removing the lower bracket? or maybe I'm not patient enough or my fingers are to big any help would be grateful.
Old 08-23-2017, 04:35 PM
darklordftt
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It's 2 T30 torque screws holding the bracket to the rear of the plenum. Should take you 5 min. to remove it. I had mine off a few weeks ago to do my fuel injectors. Just don't drop the 2 screws.

Last edited by darklordftt; 08-23-2017 at 04:39 PM.
Old 08-23-2017, 09:08 PM
slovie
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 5 minutes

Originally Posted by darklordftt
It's 2 T30 torque screws holding the bracket to the rear of the plenum. Should take you 5 min. to remove it. I had mine off a few weeks ago to do my fuel injectors. Just don't drop the 2 screws.
Really it took me 5 minutes to get in position that wouldn't throw my back out of shape, along with dropping the rubber 3 hole grommet down to the trans. my next project is to jump out the clutch switch for a starting problem, looks like a 1/2 day project with all the dismantling of dash screws and carpet panels along with hanging upside down is no fun thing .

Get notified of new replies

To map sensor removal zr1

Quick Reply: map sensor removal zr1