C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Wanna go fast

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2018, 07:12 AM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

Received 707 Likes on 543 Posts

Originally Posted by combatdoc
The motor is your basic 14:1 368, ronchy cams from pete, lots of portwork and obvioulsy nitrous, 150 shot is where I am gonna stick it for now, depends on overall performance. Oliver billit rods, CP pistons, Lazano brothers balanced and assembled everything oh and 3.90 gears. I see no reason the car won't be high 500's to the wheels, bonneville car's motor is similar with slightly larger cams and it was close to 600 before the sheetmetal intake. E85 is getting more common here in texas at the pumps so I want to utilize pump race gas. Good e85 here is 1.40-1.50 a gallon, decent e85 is 2.00 plus. Only real unkown is how far I can go on a tank . Make no mistake this car is gonna dog fight some big power cars, but 80-180 is LT5's playground. We shall see anyway, everything is about ready to assemble now so time is drawing near. It will interesting to say the least.
if you are interested I have a full boogie haltech s2000 system with 8 port egr, dual wide bands, and flex fuel sensor. I've been saving this for my c5 project but that will be pushed back to freshen the lsv

let me know if interested. way cheaper than proefi with fantastic capability and functionality this unit doesn't support drive by wire, but not an issue on the z

I'd recommend flex fuel sensor as it reduces the worry of crap e85 and will run fine on pump gas with tuning adjustments on the fly
Old 08-07-2018, 04:12 PM
combatdoc
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by wdo-mkr
Do you know the specs on your cams or should i ask pete?
Off hand no, lol. Ive been building alot of cars and those were developed over a year and some change ago. I will dig it up for you. Update also, car is running, finishing up some fuel system issues and installed a E85 fuel sensor inline. Wanna go fast has been cancelled in texas this year in novemeber, but there is plenty going on in mexico to test the cars capabilities. I have been busy enough that I havenet had much time too go down and finish car up, last thing are relays and big wires running too the twin 425 pumps. ended up with 42lb E-85 injectors. Ill post up some photos later today and I will post up cam specs, I do know they are what guys consider stage 2.5 cam. both exhaust and intake.
Old 08-07-2018, 04:26 PM
combatdoc
Pro

Originally Posted by Rkreigh
corey did a lot with the megasquirt. the pro efi is a bit steep in cost

I think a pair of 50 lb injectors and some nice intank pumps will solve the e85 flow, please describe the mods to go e85. I'm going there for my c5 so I might as well run them both that way!

a flex fuel setup on the c4 zr1 would really rock. I'd like to implement it differently so that the dash functions still work but I'm excited to see you taking the plunge. With nitrous, you really want to think about what I'm doing with the Haltech on the C5. I run safeguards on each cyl with an EGT probe. That way if the system ever has a problem, you can shut it down before anything gets damaged and also tune better

check it out!
Flex fuel would be awesome and if ECU had the peramiters could be easy, my compression is way too high for anything but E85 or race gas so I was not worried about flex system, I would say you could just have two or three proms incase you get stuck someplace and only get 93 or 91. I did put an inline sensor so that I can monitor fuel quality and adjust if need be.
Old 08-07-2018, 04:32 PM
combatdoc
Pro

Originally Posted by Rkreigh
if you are interested I have a full boogie haltech s2000 system with 8 port egr, dual wide bands, and flex fuel sensor. I've been saving this for my c5 project but that will be pushed back to freshen the lsv

let me know if interested. way cheaper than proefi with fantastic capability and functionality this unit doesn't support drive by wire, but not an issue on the z

I'd recommend flex fuel sensor as it reduces the worry of crap e85 and will run fine on pump gas with tuning adjustments on the fly
at the compression I am at 93 would be a death sentence unless I carry arounf 2 or 3 cans of torco, which means 1 can every 5 gallons and that would also mean 100$ for a tank of fuel. PM some details on Haltech though,.

Quick Reply: Wanna go fast