C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Fuel pressure regulator change

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2017, 12:55 PM
biggiefl
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Fuel pressure regulator change

I am putting in new injectors on the LT5 and somebody mentioned on another post to change the regulator while he was in there(non LT5 I think). Since I am removing the plenum to change the injectors should I change the regulator as well since it is 27 years old most likely? Go with OEM replacement parts or aftermarket? Any preferences or ones to stay clear of? Adjustable good or no?
Old 10-07-2017, 06:44 PM
ccmano
Drifting

Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts

While a good idea there are currently no new replacement regulators available. OEM has been discontinued for years. New/old stock is hard to fine and very expensive if you do. No aftermarket suppliers currently make one. One of the guys over at ZR1.net is working on a replacement kit but will not be done anytime soon. That leaves only used units. Since a used one is not necessarily better than the one you have, most people just leave them till they actually go bad and then find a used replacement.
Hope that helps.
H
Old 10-08-2017, 05:57 AM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

Received 707 Likes on 543 Posts

I have one if needed.
Old 10-08-2017, 07:58 PM
Dominic Sorresso
Le Mans Master

Received 691 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by Rkreigh
I have one if needed.
if it ain't broke why are u fixing it? Are these stock injectors or are u going to larger injectors?
Old 10-09-2017, 09:39 AM
biggiefl
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Stock size bosch from FIC. I just heard it was a good idea to do so while having the plenum apart. If they don't make them and if it aint broke, i'll leave it alone.

Get notified of new replies

To Fuel pressure regulator change

Quick Reply: Fuel pressure regulator change