C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Anyone Convert to E85?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2018, 12:11 PM
KJL
Melting Slicks

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

Default Anyone Convert to E85?

I have been told it will likely kill our stock fuel pumps. I have also been told that significant HP gains can be had as well provided the car is tuned to run with it. My guess is if you eliminate the secondary throttle blades and split the fuel flow between both ports, the injectors likely have enough head room to flow more E85 fuel?

Just curious.
Old 06-18-2018, 08:06 AM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

Received 707 Likes on 543 Posts

Originally Posted by KJL
I have been told it will likely kill our stock fuel pumps. I have also been told that significant HP gains can be had as well provided the car is tuned to run with it. My guess is if you eliminate the secondary throttle blades and split the fuel flow between both ports, the injectors likely have enough head room to flow more E85 fuel?

Just curious.
the factory fuel system will support roughly 700 hp on normal high octane pump gas, but I wouldn't trust the factory lines and stuff and the tank insert holding up well.

the early z for sure will need new injectors and I would bump them up.

the lt5 is so detonation resistant I'm really not sure how much it would help but for sure I'm interested and it's a great idea!

I think swapping out the pumps and injectors might be an ok starting point unless you aren't going much over stock hp levels as that's about all it would support.

figure a 40% bump in fuel flow to support desired HP level to be safe.

Quick Reply: Anyone Convert to E85?