C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Florida ZR1---$17k

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2018, 11:48 AM
biggiefl
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Florida ZR1---$17k

Looks to be a decent price. Not mine, have not seen it, smelled, nor sat in it....just passing it along to all those that complain there are no decent priced Z's in Florida.

https://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/ctd...666384911.html

Last edited by biggiefl; 08-18-2018 at 11:49 AM.
Old 08-18-2018, 02:35 PM
zrc3john
Melting Slicks

Received 359 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by biggiefl
Looks to be a decent price. Not mine, have not seen it, smelled, nor sat in it....just passing it along to all those that complain there are no decent priced Z's in Florida.

https://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/ctd...666384911.html
I believe one of the members here or on the registry, did inspect this car...Seems to have a lot of issues that caused the member to not even drive it I think..Looks good in the photos, but the member gave it a big thumbs down..
Old 08-20-2018, 12:00 PM
Atari_Prime
Drifting

Received 555 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by zrc3john
I believe one of the members here or on the registry, did inspect this car...Seems to have a lot of issues that caused the member to not even drive it I think..Looks good in the photos, but the member gave it a big thumbs down..
Took a quick glance at the car. Noticed it had the wheels chromed. It got me pondering. I'm a bit of a purist, so the first thing I would want to do is restore the wheels to a factory finish. Many people chromed the wheels of their C4s, so the issue comes up a lot in searching for the right car. The chroming process is fairly simple and other than cleaning and maybe polishing, is largely a one step process. Restoring wheels to a factory finish seems to be a bit more involved. First you have to strip the chrome, then you have to clean the wheel, then you have to add the right color paint, then you have to add clear coat. And this also assumes you don't have the same issue as with an 84'-87' wheel where parts have to be taped off to keep the paint in all the right areas. So, the question is, is it more expensive to restore wheels to the factory finish than chroming them? Is it worth the effort, or should you look for reproductions?

Thanks

Last edited by Atari_Prime; 08-20-2018 at 12:08 PM.
Old 08-20-2018, 12:09 PM
biggiefl
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

There are people looking for chrome wheels, easier to swap or sell than refinish.
Old 08-20-2018, 08:31 PM
1985 Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 387 Likes on 236 Posts

Default Buyer Beware Big Time

Originally Posted by zrc3john
That was me. They knocked $1300 or so off the price when I left the lot after 5 minutes under the hood. Didn't test drive it, everything leaked. So everyone knows, I was told a while ago, "The 91 Z was sold so it's no longer here". That must've been a cover for the car needing some serious down time to fix all the issues I pointed out to the salesman. By the way....car was originally BELOW 17 grand when they "sold" it a while back....must be trying to get some of that parts and labor cost back by asking what they are now. They tout in the ad the original owner only put 4,000 miles on the car. Second owner must've put the remaining miles on and they were HARD miles and this one got put away wet many many times.

Get notified of new replies

To Florida ZR1---$17k

Quick Reply: Florida ZR1---$17k