C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Mix and Match FX3 parts?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2018, 04:54 PM
billschroeder5842
Zen Vet Master Level VII

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,140 Likes on 845 Posts
Default Mix and Match FX3 parts?

Maybe someone can help me as I'm beginning to get parts for my 91 ZR1 with the FX3

What is the difference between the 89-91 and 92-95 FX3? I know they have different part numbers. Are there any part interchanges? Would a 92 Shock with a 92 actuator work with a 91 control module? I think I rea that the steel gear in the actuator and shock is difference between the years.

I just see different parts and wonder how to mix and match for best value.

Thanks!
Old 08-30-2018, 10:59 PM
Z51JEFF
Race Director

Received 643 Likes on 420 Posts
2022 C4 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by billschroeder5842
Maybe someone can help me as I'm beginning to get parts for my 91 ZR1 with the FX3

What is the difference between the 89-91 and 92-95 FX3? I know they have different part numbers. Are there any part interchanges? Would a 92 Shock with a 92 actuator work with a 91 control module? I think I rea that the steel gear in the actuator and shock is difference between the years.

I just see different parts and wonder how to mix and match for best value.

Thanks!
I believe the gear on top of the shaft is different for the years.
Old 08-31-2018, 11:05 AM
-=Jeff=-
Race Director

Received 171 Likes on 148 Posts

As I understand it, the actuators will work across all years.. Shock and Controllers are the year (or year range) specific
Old 09-01-2018, 04:53 AM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

Received 707 Likes on 543 Posts

Originally Posted by -=Jeff=-
As I understand it, the actuators will work across all years.. Shock and Controllers are the year (or year range) specific
the actuators will work as Jeff mentioned all years

as long as you run the correct shock controller box for the early or late shocks you can swap things around (wiring seems to be compatible)

I have some spare fx3 stuff as I'm trying to go with a new race adjustable shock system from Evolution that just looks awesome.

FX3 is nice, but the new system provides a much racier and lighter shock that is fully adjustable and easier to install (no mods) to the frame to provide clearance.

coming soon!!! Demps showed me the prototype and my DRM coil overs are headed for the parts pile.

engine first, then these.
Old 09-03-2018, 02:29 AM
Goldcylon
Tech Contributor

Received 100 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by -=Jeff=-

Correct as stated above

Get notified of new replies

To Mix and Match FX3 parts?

Quick Reply: Mix and Match FX3 parts?