C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Remanufactured injectors ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2018, 04:33 AM
Snakeskinner2
Racer

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Remanufactured injectors ?

What's the story on these for replacement injectors on a 90-92, anyone have experience using them?
they seem like a cheaper option if usable...

Last edited by Snakeskinner2; 11-02-2018 at 04:33 AM.
Old 11-02-2018, 05:47 AM
Z51JEFF
Race Director

Received 649 Likes on 423 Posts
2022 C4 of the Year Finalist - Modified

You can’t remanufacture injectors and once anybody has used cheap injectors only to have to replace them,because they were cheap,will spend the money on quality parts next time around.
Old 11-02-2018, 05:52 AM
Snakeskinner2
Racer

Originally Posted by Z51JEFF
You can’t remanufacture injectors and once anybody has used cheap injectors only to have to replace them,because they were cheap,will spend the money on quality parts next time around.
I have heard the exact same thing about not being able to remanufactured injectors, wonder what they mean by that.... maybe clean them?
Old 11-02-2018, 11:45 AM
Paul Workman
Le Mans Master

Received 500 Likes on 395 Posts

The issue with pre-93 injectors was susceptibility to the solvent affect of alcohol on the insulation used on the internal actuator coils, PLUS the rust issue due to the water that alcohol attracts plus condensation during storage.

"Rebuilt" is a misnomer. For that price, the coils were NOT replaced with alcohol tolerant upgrade, and the body was not replaced (to stainless steel). That leaves flow matching and cleaning...which is not the definition of being "rebuilt" - at least in my mind (or yours either, I recon).

Back flushing and replacing rubber O-rings and maybe the connector...maybe...and then flowing the injectors and pitching them in a box with the others with "matching" flow rate = REBUILT? They're still susceptible to water and alcohol (rusting and dissolving insulation)...AND then charging people (even if just half as much) for "rebuilt"?? Sucha DEAL!

Such "rebuilt" injectors - appeal to individuals wanting to sell a vehicle. (Reminds me of putting sawdust in the transmissions - back in the day; works long enough to dump (whatever) on someone else). And, the history of - so called - rebuilt injectors is abundantly evident in FORUMs like this one - LET THE BUYER BEWARE.

Get NEW stainless injectors that are alcohol tolerant. Cry once and smile later. - JMO. (RC injectors, Accel (150821 @ Summit Racing), and FIC stainless have good "rap" here and on other Corvette FORUMS. You can check it out!

Last edited by Paul Workman; 11-02-2018 at 11:55 AM.
Old 11-02-2018, 03:49 PM
Snakeskinner2
Racer

Originally Posted by Paul Workman
The issue with pre-93 injectors was susceptibility to the solvent affect of alcohol on the insulation used on the internal actuator coils, PLUS the rust issue due to the water that alcohol attracts plus condensation during storage.

"Rebuilt" is a misnomer. For that price, the coils were NOT replaced with alcohol tolerant upgrade, and the body was not replaced (to stainless steel). That leaves flow matching and cleaning...which is not the definition of being "rebuilt" - at least in my mind (or yours either, I recon).

Back flushing and replacing rubber O-rings and maybe the connector...maybe...and then flowing the injectors and pitching them in a box with the others with "matching" flow rate = REBUILT? They're still susceptible to water and alcohol (rusting and dissolving insulation)...AND then charging people (even if just half as much) for "rebuilt"?? Sucha DEAL!

Such "rebuilt" injectors - appeal to individuals wanting to sell a vehicle. (Reminds me of putting sawdust in the transmissions - back in the day; works long enough to dump (whatever) on someone else). And, the history of - so called - rebuilt injectors is abundantly evident in FORUMs like this one - LET THE BUYER BEWARE.

Get NEW stainless injectors that are alcohol tolerant. Cry once and smile later. - JMO. (RC injectors, Accel (150821 @ Summit Racing), and FIC stainless have good "rap" here and on other Corvette FORUMS. You can check it out!

those are the injectors I have
Old 11-02-2018, 05:30 PM
billschroeder5842
Zen Vet Master Level VII

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,143 Likes on 846 Posts

Just get a hold of Jerry. He has FIC injectors at a great price and he has a ZR1, so he is part of our team
Old 11-02-2018, 05:34 PM
Snakeskinner2
Racer

Originally Posted by billschroeder5842
Just get a hold of Jerry. He has FIC injectors at a great price and he has a ZR1, so he is part of our team
I don't need injectors I just ran across these on eBay and wanted to see what everyone's thoughts on them were as far as the cheap option for someone
Old 11-09-2018, 08:47 AM
DRM500RUBYZR-1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 108 Likes on 74 Posts

We have had hit or miss performance with "cleaned and tested" injectors.
Therefore we no longer use them, and refuse to install them in all cars, ESPECIALLY ZR-1's.
It just is not worth the risk.
New from Jerry's $719.00
"cleaned" $319.00
Why economize with such a critical component?
No offense to the "rebuilders".
Marty
The following users liked this post:
Paul Workman (11-10-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Remanufactured injectors ?

Quick Reply: Remanufactured injectors ?