C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

86 Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2019, 06:27 AM
Crackerjack01
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 86 Corvette

I have a C4 86 Corvette, it ran and now it don't. I put a OBDII code reader with a OBDI adapter on the ECM and my Craftsman code reader has an error now and will not work with other vehicles. So, saying that, the corvette will not fire. I checked the fuel pump and it was bad. I haven't done any thing yet because the fear of the ECM failure. I have a spare ECM but fear that there is a ground some where. Any suggestions?
Old 07-15-2019, 07:03 AM
Paul Workman
Le Mans Master

Received 500 Likes on 395 Posts

Originally Posted by Crackerjack01
I have a C4 86 Corvette, it ran and now it don't. I put a OBDII code reader with a OBDI adapter on the ECM and my Craftsman code reader has an error now and will not work with other vehicles. So, saying that, the corvette will not fire. I checked the fuel pump and it was bad. I haven't done any thing yet because the fear of the ECM failure. I have a spare ECM but fear that there is a ground some where. Any suggestions?
A OBD-II won't work, regardless of the adapter. You need an OBD--I reader, first.

Let's keep it simple: One crisis at a time! Some preliminary tests can be done without the scanner and even the FSM, (e.g.,) FUEL - AIR - SPARK What is missing? (And, there is no indication - yet - that the ECM is at fault. Maybe it is, but we have a way to go before suspecting the ECM et al.)
The following users liked this post:
Crackerjack01 (07-15-2019)

Quick Reply: 86 Corvette