C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Hey Cam - IM isn't working

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2002, 11:08 AM
DDSLT5
Team Owner

Received 68 Likes on 40 Posts

Default Hey Cam - IM isn't working

Hey Cam,

Thanks for the IM, but it still isn't working properly - so I couldn't scroll down to read the rest of the message. I guess I'll have to do some research around town to see who knows anything about NOS systems. I just assumed that you could order it somewhere - mostly I wanted to see what came in the kit - but everywhere I look on the internet, it nevers shows/describes what is in the kit for the Z.

Its not a rush anyway, if I do it, it'll be summer at the earliest.

Thanks for the help!

Dwight :)
Old 12-09-2002, 11:29 AM
RatRacer
Safety Car

Received 118 Likes on 73 Posts

Default Re: Hey Cam - IM isn't working (DDSLT5)

IM is still screwed up. :rolleyes:

Dwight, I ordered my NOS kit through a local speed shop. I got it for $950 US. You can special order a kit through either Jegs or Summit but you'll pay more. The NOS kit is excellent with the exception of an obsolete intsallation manual and a few odds and ends that you'll need to be aware of. When you get your kit I can help you with a revised wiring diagram as well as some installation and tuning tips. A first timer can install the kit once he knows the secret handshake. :)

You probably will not be able to find much help elsewhere as very few people have actually installed one of these kits, including the guys at NOS. It'll be worth the effort though.
Old 12-09-2002, 11:50 AM
DDSLT5
Team Owner

Received 68 Likes on 40 Posts

Default Re: Hey Cam - IM isn't working (RatRacer)

Cool man - I went searching through the archives and read some of your posts from the past - it is interesting that the general opinion on spraying the LT5 has changed so much in the last year.

You've always maintained that it is quite a safe system if properly installed and maintained - which makes perfect sense. But a year ago there were many nay-sayers who wouldn't consider spraying the LT5, and now it seems that there are many more considering this arena - it sure helps to see you, George, Julio and of course Kurt, spraying your LT5's consistently and safely - this is the main reason I am considering it - and that I can step up to 415 power levels by spending about 2K!!!

I do believe that I'll be pilling up this summer - NOS is so cool. That is of course, unless, a supercharger for the LT5 is developed in the meantime!!!
:D :crazy: :yesnod: :D
Old 12-11-2002, 11:18 PM
BiZ
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Hey Cam - IM isn't working (DDSLT5)

Look at that, just gets his 368 back, stores it for winter, and is not talking about spraying it for more power. He is out of control :eek: :crazy: :lol: :jester

:cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To Hey Cam - IM isn't working

Quick Reply: Hey Cam - IM isn't working