C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Atlanta Dragway this Friday-Anyone from here going????

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2001, 10:39 PM
Clemson ZR-1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The clemson crue including myself are heading to Commerce this Friday for test-and-tune. We got tired of all our little 1/8 mile deals here in SC so we're biting the bullit and driving 45 minutes to the REAL strip . Lemme know if anyone's going or if you live near there so I can talk you into going Till then.
Old 07-18-2001, 10:36 PM
Ted J
Racer

Originally Posted by Clemson ZR-1:
[B
The clemson crue including myself are heading to Commerce this Friday for test-and-tune. We got tired of all our little 1/8 mile deals here in SC so we're biting the bullit and driving 45 minutes to the REAL strip . Lemme know if anyone's going or if you live near there so I can talk you into going Till then.[/B][/color]
I'm thinking of maybe heading up to there this Fri. night. I'm still trying to figure out if I'm going to race my car or not though.

I don't have a ZR1 (yet that is), I drive a Dark Metallic Green '96 T/A M6. I was up at Commerce (Atlanta Dragway) this last Fri. night and had fun watching people race, although I didn't see any Corvettes there.

If you do make it how will I know which one is you? I'd love to see another ZR1 up close and even better yet I'd like to hear one to hear what they sound like. I've only really heard them on TV before but never have I heard one in person. I do know that they sound really sweet in person, and heck, seeing as how later on I want to get a ZR1 it would just help let me know what I'll be in for later on if I get one.

I don't know for sure if I'll be going yet since if it is raining that day then I won't go (I haven't looked up what the forecast will be yet) since I'll be busy the next Fri.. Their policy up there, from my understanding, is that if the night gets rained out before like a certain time (I think if it's before 9:00 PM) they will give you credit to go to the next weeks event for free than. Seeing as how I'm busy the next week if it sounds like rain than I probably won't go.

If you'd like to give me details on how to know which one is you just email me at] tjmcp@bellsouth.net for I'd love to see your car man!

Ted

PS - In case you haven't been there before they do tech inspections there, mostly do a visual inspection and also check to make sure the battery is held down well. They also are pretty picky about making people wear helmets if your car is 13.99 or faster.
Old 07-19-2001, 10:07 AM
Clemson ZR-1
Racer

Hey Ted, we've love to have you come out. One of my buddy's going has a 00'WS6 so that might be a good matchup for ya(LT1 vs LS1).

Yeah I know the deal at Commerce. There definitely stricter than most. But I've got nothing to hide

As far as picking out my car. It's a 90' Dark Red Metallic with Saddle interior. I have ZR-1 decals on the side hood(like 92-95's). Just walk up to it and ask the closest person who the owner is. My name's John BTW.

Yeah I saw that weather forecast. There callin for rain, but last week they called for clear skies and it wound up raining so lets hope there typical.

Hope to see you out there. TTYL, John

P.S.-Parked around me will most likely be a Pewter C5 hardtop, a Pewter 00' Firebird, a black 3rd Gen F-bod), Black Eagle Talon AWD, and a heap of others so it shouldn't be too hard.
Old 07-19-2001, 12:14 PM
IcemanZ06
Le Mans Master

John, who's bringing the talon and 3rd gen?

Old 07-19-2001, 02:20 PM
Clemson ZR-1
Racer

Yo Justin, Matt Clemon's is bringing the Talon(turbo AWD)like my old Typhoon. Quick littl bastard on the launch. The third Gen is another Clemson student from Atlanta(Stephen). He is 91 Z28 350 on the boards @ CU. You got Nick and Katie coming, don't ya?
Old 07-19-2001, 05:20 PM
IcemanZ06
Le Mans Master

Yep, looks like everyone is in. We might have to meet you there since Nick wont get in till 7. Should be a good time provided it doesnt rain

Old 07-19-2001, 10:53 PM
Ted J
Racer

Originally Posted by Clemson ZR-1:
[B
Hey Ted, we've love to have you come out. One of my buddy's going has a 00'WS6 so that might be a good matchup for ya(LT1 vs LS1).
[/B][/color]
I have enough friends with LS1 F-bodies to know that my LT1 doesn't do that good up against them. I must say that some of the guys I've watched run up there with LS1 F-bodies running low 14's (I don't think they knew how to drive the car that well) and the best I've gotten at Commerce was a 14.41 @ 97 MPH and that was when I was bone stock. If I do race my car I'd hope to at least race a car that I could beat, the last time I was there they put me up against like 12 second cars and the only one I could have beat out of all of them was the first race I did, where I bogged the car out of the hole, missed the 2 3 shift (stock shifter) and had a rider with me at the time. I pulled off a 15.88 @ 90 MPH that time with like a 2.7 '60 foot. That same night I got down to the 14.41 @ 97 MPH and also got my '60 down to 2.2. As you can see a LS1 F-body would a car that I would race but most likely lose to unless they make a big mistake or something like that.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:[/color]<HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
Yeah I know the deal at Commerce. There definitely stricter than most. But I've got nothing to hide [img]http]//www.corvetteforum.cc/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

As far as picking out my car. It's a 90' Dark Red Metallic with Saddle interior. I have ZR-1 decals on the side hood(like 92-95's). Just walk up to it and ask the closest person who the owner is. My name's John BTW.

Yeah I saw that weather forecast. There callin for rain, but last week they called for clear skies and it wound up raining so lets hope there typical.

Hope to see you out there. TTYL, John

P.S.-Parked around me will most likely be a Pewter C5 hardtop, a Pewter 00' Firebird, a black 3rd Gen F-bod), Black Eagle Talon AWD, and a heap of others so it shouldn't be too hard.
[/color][/QUOTE]

Well John, I hope to see you up there. If the weather is good I'll most likely be up there. I'm going to see how the temp and humidy is before I will know if I will race my car or not. If it's hot and sticky out I most likely won't race for my car seems to really get affected power wise when it gets warmer out like that.

I'll look around for you up there if I do make it. Hopefully I'll see you there, I really want to see your ZR1 man, and like I said in the other response to your post, I really want to hear what it sounds like also.

Hope to met you tomorrow night John!

Ted
Old 07-19-2001, 11:02 PM
Clemson ZR-1
Racer

Hey Ted, sounds good man. We'll keep an eye out for ya and be there around 6-6:30 PM
TTY then. john

Get notified of new replies

To Atlanta Dragway this Friday-Anyone from here going????

Quick Reply: Atlanta Dragway this Friday-Anyone from here going????