C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Passed up a ZR-1 deal today...

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2001, 01:27 AM
corvette_bob
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

For several months now I've been looking for a ZR-1. I love 'em, love to see 'em, hear 'em
or just be around these cars. I guess you could say they just flat blow me away.
I just don't get to see them much, and today was my first chance to drive one. I drove to St. Mary's,Ohio to Bud's Chevy.
It's a '91, red on gray. The car is a great
one-owner.
Hear's the downside. Like some of our other corvette family members, I'm kind of a big dude. 6'3" and 305lbs. Unfortunately, I really wasn't comfortable enough inside the car to justify the investment. My '88 is just a little more roomy in the knees. I'm afraid that I just can't see myself spending the difference to buy a car that I'm less comfortable in. I 'spose I'll just hafta wait for the C-5's to come down in price.
The car ran great. It's a one-owner, 25k miles, both tops, owner's kit, original tires
kind of car. I'm posting this in case anyone
is in the market. I bought my '88 there and
will always look there for my next one. They stood behind the sale 100%.
Sorry for the length.

Old 08-02-2001, 02:31 AM
MWR
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bob, there are a few things us tall, wide-reared oldsters can do, regarding the C4...

A glass top (the see thru type) can give you another inch of headroom, perhaps more, since the insulation and headliner is not there.

The stock seats can be lowered a bit with some custom work, usually involving removal of all the electric gizmos underneath. Alternatively, aftermarket (and wider) seats can be fitted. This would net another one to three inches of headroom, perhaps a bit more.

Food for thought. Where there's a will, there's often a way

Rgds,
Mark
'92 ZR-1 #032
Old 08-02-2001, 12:21 PM
RedWhiteandBlue
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bob, it's a small world; I was on the phone with a salesman from Bud's yesterday talking about that car and he said someone was very interested in the car and was out for a test drive...must have been you. He called me back later to say the deal fell through.

They sent me pictures last night...car looks good. Now if I can just convince my partner that this is the right car....
Old 08-02-2001, 01:30 PM
USAZR1
Le Mans Master

Received 1,870 Likes on 1,085 Posts
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Mark outlined some good points about creating a more comfortable seating environment. Another option is to install the 94-96 Sport seats. They're much better for us widebodies.
Clint

Get notified of new replies

To Passed up a ZR-1 deal today...

Quick Reply: Passed up a ZR-1 deal today...