Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

#99 1990 tommy morrison race car !! Ultra rare

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 11:51 AM
offshore241
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Bump chicky bow wow
Old 08-26-2011, 07:41 AM
offshore241
Burning Brakes

Where elese can you get a Morrision Woprld Challenge car for this kind of money ?? SHOW ME THE CAR........
Old 08-27-2011, 03:53 PM
Canam
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok so I've been watching this car since racing junk and now I have some questions. (with respect) Part of the reason for it not selling is its not being marketed properly. Its not a bolt your engine and tranny in and go racing.

So may I ask:
is the race suspension still on the car?
I don't see a fuel cell in the pics?
I don't see any electrical at all or a pic of the dash.
There are no belts or a worthy seat or window net, kill switch etc..
Where is the car? I have a trailer but distance matters.
Does it have the race diff still in place? Coolers etc.

I'm not being rude. Just because it was a Morrison car, if all there is, is the shell (even the wheels aren't right) then it isn't one any more. I also see that you have the parts car for sale separately in another thread. Does that mean it doesn't apply to this sale any more?

Last edited by Canam; 08-28-2011 at 07:21 AM.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:33 AM
offshore241
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Canam
Ok so I've been watching this car since racing junk and now I have some questions. (with respect) Part of the reason for it not selling is its not being marketed properly. Its not a bolt your engine and tranny in and go racing.

So may I ask:
is the race suspension still on the car?
I don't see a fuel cell in the pics?
I don't see any electrical at all or a pic of the dash.
There are no belts or a worthy seat or window net, kill switch etc..
Where is the car? I have a trailer but distance matters.
Does it have the race diff still in place? Coolers etc.

I'm not being rude. Just because it was a Morrison car, if all there is, is the shell (even the wheels aren't right) then it isn't one any more. I also see that you have the parts car for sale separately in another thread. Does that mean it doesn't apply to this sale any more?
Thanks for the intrest,it still has the adjust rear suspension with fiberglass spring. Needs shocks and brakes up front. All the electrical is still there. Belts are out of date, and I woulde recomend getting a new seat that properly fits the new owner and move this seat to the passenger side. The Corvette Challenge and World Challenge cars were based on a somewhat "stock" platform car. The parts car has been sold. I do have freshly reconditioned set of correct Dymags. This is a Morrision race car, comes with a signed bill of sale from Tommy himself.

Anyother questions , feel free to call me @ 561 632 9706. The car is in West Palm Beach, easy to see. I can assist in shipping as well, if necessary for any buyers. Looks like your in Canada ? I sold a real 1989 black Challege car to a good guy up there. I think shipping to Buffelo was around $700.

Thanks,
Bruce

Last edited by offshore241; 08-30-2011 at 08:42 AM.
Old 08-30-2011, 03:52 PM
Vette Daddy
Le Mans Master

Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts

Just because it was a Morrison car, if all there is, is the shell (even the wheels aren't right) then it isn't one any more.

RIDICULOUS ASSERTION
I used to own this car. It has lineage to Morrison and IS a real Morrison car, even with some racing parts not present. Where else can you find a real GM/Morrison car?
Don't give it away Bruce. This car is special.

Last edited by Vette Daddy; 08-30-2011 at 03:55 PM.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:03 PM
offshore241
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Vette Daddy
Just because it was a Morrison car, if all there is, is the shell (even the wheels aren't right) then it isn't one any more.

RIDICULOUS ASSERTION
I used to own this car. It has lineage to Morrison and IS a real Morrison car, even with some racing parts not present. Where else can you find a real GM/Morrison car?
Don't give it away Bruce. This car is special.
I have to agree with Brett. It is the real deal.

I'm close to a deal on one of my 68 Corvette race cars. If that sells first I plan on keeping this car....for a long time
Old 09-06-2011, 04:10 PM
RedLS1GTO
Race Director

Received 42 Likes on 9 Posts

I wanted to buy it when it was for sale before and I want to buy it now... just don't have any room at the moment.

GLWS and for the love of God STOP REDUCING THE PRICE!!!

p.s. Looks great after the work you did to it.
Old 09-20-2011, 02:37 PM
offshore241
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RedLS1GTO
I wanted to buy it when it was for sale before and I want to buy it now... just don't have any room at the moment.

GLWS and for the love of God STOP REDUCING THE PRICE!!!

p.s. Looks great after the work you did to it.
Don't worry !! The price will not go ANY lower. Everyone will kick them self in a few years for not buying this.

Last edited by offshore241; 09-20-2011 at 02:40 PM.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:54 PM
offshore241
Burning Brakes

This car has been sold !!

The new owner is a great guy, and plans on Vintage racing it !!
Old 09-27-2011, 01:42 PM
Vette Daddy
Le Mans Master

Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts

Great for you and the car!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see it on the track
Old 10-06-2011, 06:02 PM
ZR1#243
4th Gear
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am the new owner of the #99 Car, my plans are to restore / build it back to be race ready and race it in vintage SVRA / HSR, etc. racing. I have already started on the motor and will accumulate other parts. I would like to find a set of Challenge Car seats, emblems and other unique parts to the car. Also interested in finding pictures from the crash, other pictures and any other documentation on the car. I will take my time and do it right, the car will be perfect when it is done. If you know of any of these items, I would appreciate your help.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:57 PM
TedsChallenge
Intermediate

Congrats on the car, both for you and Bruce. Good to see it will be back on track.
If you track down a source for seats, let me know, I need a set for the 89 Challenge car I bought from Bruce. Otherwise I'll have to use something modern, which I would like to have before I put in the new, legal cage, so I don't have interference problems.

Cheers,

Ted.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:56 AM
ZR1#243
4th Gear
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by TedsChallenge
Congrats on the car, both for you and Bruce. Good to see it will be back on track.
If you track down a source for seats, let me know, I need a set for the 89 Challenge car I bought from Bruce. Otherwise I'll have to use something modern, which I would like to have before I put in the new, legal cage, so I don't have interference problems.

Cheers,

Ted.
Thank you, suspect finding seats will be quite difficult, but maybe the best way is to try and duplicate them. Do you know what they were based on, Recaro, some other race seat, etc.?
Old 10-11-2011, 10:57 AM
offshore241
Burning Brakes

I think Brett has one seat, and was going to pop a mold and make some new ones ??? But a little stronget then the original flexi flyers !!

Maybe he can chime in, as it looks like a few people are looking for them, might help offset the costs to make a mold.

B
Old 10-11-2011, 10:59 AM
offshore241
Burning Brakes

Heres a couple of pics
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: #99 1990 tommy morrison race car !! Ultra rare