Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

FS:1996 Corvette LT4,Aqual Blue Metallic/Black 65k miles!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 08:30 PM
vettelover30
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bump
Old 06-28-2012, 07:36 AM
vettelover30
Intermediate

bump
Old 07-05-2012, 09:14 PM
vettelover30
Intermediate

Default update in price

12k new price.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:32 AM
z edge
Race Director

Location: BOOMER SOONER Big 12 Champions 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006 - 2008, 2010, 2012, 2015 - 2020.....
Received 914 Likes on 527 Posts

gorgeous car & i love that color.

GLWS
Old 07-14-2012, 08:24 PM
vettelover30
Intermediate

bump
Old 08-06-2012, 10:38 AM
VRSCDX
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought this car and there were many more problems than stated!!! Tried contacting seller but am being ignored!! I will let my lawyer handle it!! It seems to me the $750 I want refunded is cheaper than $750 plus my lawyer fees and his lawyer fees but I guess he doesn't think so!!!!!
Old 08-06-2012, 04:44 PM
rocknroller
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bigwes
I bought this car and there were many more problems than stated!!! Tried contacting seller but am being ignored!! I will let my lawyer handle it!! It seems to me the $750 I want refunded is cheaper than $750 plus my lawyer fees and his lawyer fees but I guess he doesn't think so!!!!!
Did you check it before you bought it? Was there a bill of sale?
Old 08-06-2012, 05:14 PM
cadmaniac
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

What is wrong with it? It's a used car, so I would expect some things to be wrong with it........Did he give a guarantee with it?
Old 08-06-2012, 07:56 PM
mazdaverx7
Le Mans Master

Received 558 Likes on 399 Posts

i would think you would've driven the car and thoroughly inspected it before purchase, especially when spending $12,000. what exactly is wrong with the car that was not as described?
Old 08-06-2012, 08:33 PM
lt1396corvette
Racer

Well the buyer lives in Texas and the seller lives in Indiana.So don't know if he would have test drove the car before he bought it.It must be something he's not happy about after he got it.Hope you guys work things out.It's not good the sellers not responding to you.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:10 PM
VRSCDX
Instructor

Originally Posted by lt1396corvette
Well the buyer lives in Texas and the seller lives in Indiana.So don't know if he would have test drove the car before he bought it.It must be something he's not happy about after he got it.Hope you guys work things out.It's not good the sellers not responding to you.
Exactly!!! I spoke to the seller many, many times before I flew there to get the car!! The things wrong with it are mostly small but that doesn't change the fact I was purposely mislead!! Passenger power seat does not work, all weatherstripping is shot, Cruise does not work!! Car surges at steady throttle in 1st and 2nd, the door panels fit terribly!!! You all read his ad!! He describes it as near perfect!! I fully realize it is a used car but I bought and paid for the car in good faith after talking and texting and thoroughly researching the car and believe I was purposely mislead!!!!!
Old 08-07-2012, 12:00 AM
dwblindref
Racer

Default My humble opinion !!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly!!! I spoke to the seller many, many times before I flew there to get the car!! The things wrong with it are mostly small but that doesn't change the fact I was purposely mislead!! Passenger power seat does not work, all weatherstripping is shot, Cruise does not work!! Car surges at steady throttle in 1st and 2nd, the door panels fit terribly!!! You all read his ad!! He describes it as near perfect!! I fully realize it is a used car but I bought and paid for the car in good faith after talking and texting and thoroughly researching the car and believe I was purposely mislead!!!!!
I have purchased 3 used 'Vettes and 1 used Mustang SVT Cobra, all without test driving. However, 1 was at the NCRS Mecum Auction in Orlando (could not test drive those cars) but I did inspect the car for 3 hours prior to purchase. That car only had 5,800 miles and was a super car and a very good buy. The other 3 cars I had a 3rd party inspection service do the inspection, test drove and gave me a 10 page report complete with pictures. All 3 cars turned out to be excellent cars. WHY in the world did you purchase a car just by talking to the seller. I'm still friends with all of the sellers and the people that purchased 3 of those cars after 8 years time. WHY, WHY, WHY.
Again, this is only my HUMBLE opinion. By the way, the 2001 SVT Mustang Cobra triple black convertible is for sale --- $19,900. I will pay for the inspection service if you buy it. Best of luck and please accept some blame in this situation. Only my humble opinion.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:04 AM
lt1396corvette
Racer

The seller did say the only thing wrong was the tire pressure sensor?If he's not responding to your calls or emails thats pretty weak.On a side note, I bought a 91 vette back in 1994 and it was a very nice looking vette, only 9000 miles.So I bought it.My brother in law does autobody work and said to me that it looked like it's been repainted when he was looking at the passenger side.So further investigating the passenger side had a good amount of body work done to it and the door had big waves in it like the ocean.Brought the car back to the used car dealer where I bought it and they did'nt care.So I brought it to a chevy dealer and told the sales guy why i was trading it in and bought a new 1994 vette.
Old 08-07-2012, 06:01 AM
mazdaverx7
Le Mans Master

Received 558 Likes on 399 Posts

well if the guy won't return your calls, texts or emails, that's pretty rude of him. the last two cars i've sold were to out of state buyers who flew in to drive the cars home. when a sale like that is taking place, before the buyer agrees to fly out to Ohio, i not only THOROUGHLY describe EVERY imperfection and fault and i offer to take hi resolution pictures of any area the buyer wants to see and i offer full videos of anything the buyer wants to see, to include having a passenger film a few minute test drive of the car. my personal opinion is that the seller should compensate you the $750 for the repair parts (or whatever a reasonable settlement would be) and apologize for any misleading information.
Old 08-07-2012, 06:20 AM
VRSCDX
Instructor

I do accept blame for not having the car checked out by an independent source, however, I refuse to accept the blame for this man being a liar and purposely misrepresenting the car!! Don't get me wrong, the things wrong with the car will be fixed and it will be a great car!!! I was simply letting the forum know that if this man offers another car for sale he is not to be trusted at all!!!!!!
Old 08-07-2012, 07:46 AM
VRSCDX
Instructor

Also forgot to mention the hydraulic clutch is leaking!! After calling parts vendors from the forum I thing $750 is very fair!! Parts are more than that, not to mention installation costs!!!! As I said, all things will be fixed and I learned a lesson, but, this man should not be trusted at all!!!!
Old 08-07-2012, 11:57 AM
rocknroller
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

You didn't notice all this stuff before handing over the money?

Get notified of new replies

To FS:1996 Corvette LT4,Aqual Blue Metallic/Black 65k miles!

Old 08-07-2012, 01:16 PM
VRSCDX
Instructor

Originally Posted by rocknroller
You didn't notice all this stuff before handing over the money?
Obviously many of you can pay cash for a vehicle like this!! I can't!! With financing the seller needs the cleared payment before I drive it off!! That is the reason I had so much communication with the seller!! Asking questions and researching any problems inherent to this model and year!!! I DID NOT COMMENT ON THIS THREAD TO SAY WOE IS ME!!! IT WAS TO WARN OTHER FORUM MEMBERS BUT WITH THE BASHING I AM GETTING I WON'T WORRY ABOUT OTHERS ON THE FORUM AGAIN!!!!!! I thought we were here to help each other!!! My mistake!!!
Old 08-07-2012, 06:53 PM
rocknroller
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Obviously many of you can pay cash for a vehicle like this!! I can't!! With financing the seller needs the cleared payment before I drive it off!! That is the reason I had so much communication with the seller!! Asking questions and researching any problems inherent to this model and year!!! I DID NOT COMMENT ON THIS THREAD TO SAY WOE IS ME!!! IT WAS TO WARN OTHER FORUM MEMBERS BUT WITH THE BASHING I AM GETTING I WON'T WORRY ABOUT OTHERS ON THE FORUM AGAIN!!!!!! I thought we were here to help each other!!! My mistake!!!
I don't see any one bashing you. Just asking questions for clarification.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:50 PM
VRSCDX
Instructor

Originally Posted by rocknroller
I don't see any one bashing you. Just asking questions for clarification.
Clarification has been shown in the previous answers!! I admitted I should have checked it more thoroughly with an independent source!! I made the mistake of taking someone at their word!! That was my mistake! Perhaps I should have washed the car in his driveway to see the weatherstripping was shot???? Y'all obviously read his ad!!! The man is an out and out liar!! But as I said, I will fix the things that are wrong and end up with a very nice LT4 Corvette!!! He was honest about the paint and interior being nice so I have that to go go on!!! Thank you all for your replies!!!

Quick Reply: FS:1996 Corvette LT4,Aqual Blue Metallic/Black 65k miles!