Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

1993 Chevrolet Corvette 40th Anniversary

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 08:11 PM
bluediesel
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cruzer1903
new to site an car.getting no spark.i see this opti can be a problem,thanks. but ware should i start first.also can the computor be the issue?
The ECM is not likely to cause a no spark situation. It is likely that an Opti spark failure will. Because the casing for the Opti spark has no venting and because it is close to the radiator and associated rubber hoses, and because it is under the water pump it is very likely the Opti Spark is corroded to death. Recommend to replace with one from MSD, see thread above about where to buy. MSD has venting and stainless disks for timing, much improved over the Delco version. Regards Rob
The following users liked this post:
cruzer1903 (06-06-2017)
Old 06-05-2017, 10:33 PM
Lord.Baal
Team Owner

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by bluediesel
The ECM is not likely to cause a no spark situation. It is likely that an Opti spark failure will. Because the casing for the Opti spark has no venting and because it is close to the radiator and associated rubber hoses, and because it is under the water pump it is very likely the Opti Spark is corroded to death. Recommend to replace with one from MSD, see thread above about where to buy. MSD has venting and stainless disks for timing, much improved over the Delco version. Regards Rob

Oem replacement are garbage. Trust me
The following users liked this post:
cruzer1903 (06-06-2017)
Old 06-06-2017, 01:30 PM
cruzer1903
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thanks again. but also not.

Originally Posted by Lord.Baal

Oem replacement are garbage. Trust me
but also not familiar with site (or pc,s for that matter lol.) but the thread ware to buy cant find, or do you meab wanted to buy.
Old 06-06-2017, 01:37 PM
Lord.Baal
Team Owner

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by cruzer1903
but also not familiar with site (or pc,s for that matter lol.) but the thread ware to buy cant find, or do you meab wanted to buy.
Not sure, post on the c4 parts section and ask for vendor names.

I've bought multiple oem opti spark and have had them die in few months because it was bad part and die from moisture

Wouldn't do oem unless your desperate

Quick Reply: 1993 Chevrolet Corvette 40th Anniversary