Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

WANTED 6 speed C4 N. California

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 09:26 PM
87Z-ya
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dtana
Thanks. This car appeared to be a low option one. No automatic climsate control & no ride control..........unless there is another location for the selector switch other than between the seats? ASR is traction control correct?
Other than the clunking sound, do you know of other possible characteristics a car would display while being driven from a failed u-joint or delaminated transverse leave spring? I've heard that sound before but this was an old Alfa Romeo many years ago, It turned out to be a driveshaft donut.
The FX3 does not trigger the abs or asr lights. it has its own light and ecu. The clunking could be a multitude of things, but my guess would be the c-beam bolts have loosened up, which is common in manual cars. If the car runs/looks decent and you think it can be had for 3k then jump on it.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:59 PM
mnstrlt1
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 87Z-ya
The FX3 does not trigger the abs or asr lights. it has its own light and ecu. The clunking could be a multitude of things, but my guess would be the c-beam bolts have loosened up, which is common in manual cars. If the car runs/looks decent and you think it can be had for 3k then jump on it.
On my 93, with FX3 it tossed an ABS light (or ASR, don't recall which). The factory shocks and harnesses had been removed from a small local dealer (before I knew what I was looking for). No exclusive "FX3" error light existed on that car. I had an electrician also go through the vehicle (checking error codes) and the conclusion was the FX3, as it's somehow linked to that light. This is from memory for a vehicle I owned over 6-years ago (FYI). Not that it relates to the OP, as he's not looking at a vehicle equipped with this option anyway.

Disconnect your fx3 shock to confirm what error light is triggered. Heck, it might have been the check engine light.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:45 PM
illenema
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

good Luck.
Old 02-01-2019, 07:42 AM
Poolpool12!
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 vette

$7100 6 speed, 77k miles good condition, daily driver
Boston MA Text 5087409428
Old 02-06-2019, 01:57 AM
Kmcoldcars
Melting Slicks

Received 285 Likes on 134 Posts

This thread is from 2013. I do not think he is still looking. You may want to start a for sale thread of your own.

Quick Reply: WANTED 6 speed C4 N. California