Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

1996 Chevrolet Corvette Collector Edition LT4 For Sale 51k Original Miles

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2016, 05:38 PM
shawnyp22
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1996 Chevrolet Corvette Collector Edition LT4 For Sale 51k Original Miles

Hello everyone. New member but have followed this forum for a long time. I am sad to inform you I am selling my corvette. I am hoping by posting here it will help as I want her to go to a proper home rather than some chop shop. Here she is...

1996 Chevrolet Corvette
Collector Edition
LT4 Grand Sport motor
6 Speed
51,000 miles
Mint condition
100% stock (still has 1-4 skip shift but I do have the bypass purchased that has not been installed yet)
Silver sport seat interior
Removable glass roof (brand new due to dealer scratching old one)
All service records available
All maintenance performed by Cadillac Chevrolet dealership and is current including brakes, fluids, clutch, etc. All documented.
Brand new Nitto tires less than 500 miles
Bose stereo
Heated mirrors
Automatic climate control
Air conditioning and heat work perfect
All electronics work perfect including radio, cruise control, power antenna, etc
Interior is 10/10
Exterior is 9.5/10

Asking price is $10,500 or best offer. Priced to sell. Motivated seller so please make offer, I will not be offended. The worst I can say is no. Car is located in Los Angeles, CA. However, I also have a home in Indianapolis, IN and am constantly traveling back and forth. Therefore, I am more than happy to help with delivery if needed.

I will continue to try uploading pictures. For the meantime, pictures can be viewed here:

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/ws...811593834.html

For an immediate response, feel free to contact me via phone at 317-450-9949 or email at shawnpagecompany@gmail.com. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thanks,

Shawn

Also, I'm sure I am missing some info so I will update post accordingly. If anyone notices any missing info or if I am doing something wrong, please let me know. Thanks.

Last edited by shawnyp22; 10-27-2016 at 04:46 PM.
Old 10-04-2016, 12:59 PM
FX VETTE
Team Owner

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,182 Posts
Winner 2020 C7 of the Year - Modified

Originally Posted by shawnyp22
Also, I'm sure I am missing some info so I will update post accordingly. If anyone notices any missing info or if I am doing something wrong, please let me know. Thanks.
Do you have any pictures of the car?
Old 10-04-2016, 03:33 PM
tankengine
Water Well Doctor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Pics

The following users liked this post:
pdx-vette (01-26-2017)
Old 10-04-2016, 07:07 PM
shawnyp22
Cruising

Originally Posted by Shaynanigans
Do you have any pictures of the car?
I tried uploading pictures but was unsuccessful. I believe they may be too large but nonetheless pictures can be viewed on my craigslist post at the following:

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/ws...811593834.html

If you have any questions, please let me know. Thanks, Shawn

Last edited by shawnyp22; 10-04-2016 at 07:45 PM.
Old 10-04-2016, 08:38 PM
shawnyp22
Cruising

Originally Posted by tankengine
I tried uploading pictures but was unsuccessful. I believe they may be too large but nonetheless pictures can be viewed on my craigslist post at the following:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst...811593834.html

If you have any questions, please let me know. Thanks, Shawn
Old 10-04-2016, 09:00 PM
pbarosso
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I have viewed and driven this car in august. PM me for info.
Old 10-04-2016, 11:35 PM
shawnyp22
Cruising

Originally Posted by pbarosso
I have viewed and driven this car in august. PM me for info.
With all due respect, I believe you are mistaken. Can you please clarify?

Last edited by shawnyp22; 10-04-2016 at 11:35 PM.
Old 10-04-2016, 11:42 PM
duramaxsky
Safety Car

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Nice Car. GLWS
Old 10-04-2016, 11:56 PM
shawnyp22
Cruising

Originally Posted by duramaxsky
Nice Car. GLWS
Thank you!
Old 10-05-2016, 01:07 AM
pbarosso
Intermediate

ok. you asked for it. the car is far from perfect. the seats are hard as rock, the shifter feels like stirring a jar of peanut butter, the engine feels like it has 120k rather than 51k...like it was short 50hp. there are some scratches on the body i believe to the drivers side rear. nothing major but definitely not perfect. i looked at it because hey its a CE. had it listed for 12.9k then in bakersfield and then had it lowered to 8.9k. the carpets are dirty in the footwells though the rear carpet is brand new. it had a brand new targa top so that was pretty cool...which is like 1200 new. the shocks felt tired.....and the steering vibrated at about 60mph very badly...not just a tire flat spot though i had the NITTO 555 tires that would flat spot a bit but nothjing like i experienced especially in 110 degree bakersfield heat...they would have un-flat spotted quickly. the car looked as if it had been stored outside for most of its life....problem was i had an LT4 in next to perfect so i know a thing or two. if anyone doubts my personal knowledge on this car ask to see the caddy dealer paperwork....it'll say "THREEWAY CADILLAC"

to be fair the owner stated and has receipts for lots of work on the car. tires were brand new, and if a carfax can prove 51k then cool. the owner said that the engine and tranny had been separated for a new clutch (if i remember) so perhaps that was the strange numb shifting i experienced. normally the ZF6 is notchy and you can feel positive engagement...but then again a new clutch wouldnt change this. bottom line is, definitely go and see this car and drive it for yourself.
Old 10-05-2016, 10:09 AM
OH THREE Z
Melting Slicks

Received 478 Likes on 280 Posts
2018 C4 of Year Finalist

ok. you asked for it. the car is far from perfect. the seats are hard as rock, the shifter feels like stirring a jar of peanut butter, the engine feels like it has 120k rather than 51k...like it was short 50hp. there are some scratches on the body i believe to the drivers side rear. nothing major but definitely not perfect. i looked at it because hey its a CE. had it listed for 12.9k then in bakersfield and then had it lowered to 8.9k. the carpets are dirty in the footwells though the rear carpet is brand new. it had a brand new targa top so that was pretty cool...which is like 1200 new. the shocks felt tired.....and the steering vibrated at about 60mph very badly...not just a tire flat spot though i had the NITTO 555 tires that would flat spot a bit but nothjing like i experienced especially in 110 degree bakersfield heat...they would have un-flat spotted quickly. the car looked as if it had been stored outside for most of its life....problem was i had an LT4 in next to perfect so i know a thing or two. if anyone doubts my personal knowledge on this car ask to see the caddy dealer paperwork....it'll say "THREEWAY CADILLAC"

to be fair the owner stated and has receipts for lots of work on the car. tires were brand new, and if a carfax can prove 51k then cool. the owner said that the engine and tranny had been separated for a new clutch (if i remember) so perhaps that was the strange numb shifting i experienced. normally the ZF6 is notchy and you can feel positive engagement...but then again a new clutch wouldnt change this. bottom line is, definitely go and see this car and drive it for yourself.

^^^^

This is lame. Maybe you viewed the car maybe you didnt. No one here can know for sure but smashing a guys for sale thread is uncalled for.... especially from someone with grand total of 3 posts on this forum. Your description and the sellers are 180 degrees apart. It wont take long for any buyer to figure out that the car is misrepresented if that is the case. Its not your job or place to tell members to PM you about a car that another member has for sale. For all we know you are some troll that has an axe to grind with the seller.

Where the hell are the moderators. If i was the OP id be pissed
Old 10-05-2016, 04:25 PM
billschroeder5842
Zen Vet Master Level VII

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,140 Likes on 845 Posts

Originally Posted by OH THREE Z
^^^^

This is lame. Maybe you viewed the car maybe you didnt. No one here can know for sure but smashing a guys for sale thread is uncalled for.... especially from someone with grand total of 3 posts on this forum.
A quick check says that this guy has three posts, 2 in the the last 24 hours and the previous one in December 2014 where he was flaming some C7 people.

Someone woke up as Mr Angry
Old 10-05-2016, 05:29 PM
Bobby Simone
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

There needs to be some policing on the for sale section. I would think only those interested should post. There shouldn't even be any "nice car glws" comments. All this does is clutter up a for sale thread. If you look over at nsxprime forum you will see how a classified section should be run.
Old 10-05-2016, 07:01 PM
pbarosso
Intermediate

look.i have no axe to grind but if i did it would be the description. sure its 180 degrees from what OP is saying...thats the point of my posts. i am trying to stop people from scamming buyers. be mad all you want, this car is not as advertised. based on the decription of this car on CL in august in bakersfield i drove 350 miles to a complete waste of time.....for the 12.9k he was asking.... it is most likely a low mileage instrument cluster swap. a quick carfax will reveal if i am lying.

if you dont believe it then ask about the caddy dealer in bakersfield. http://www.3wayautomotive.com/

Last edited by pbarosso; 10-05-2016 at 07:10 PM.
Old 10-05-2016, 07:29 PM
shawnyp22
Cruising

With all due respect, you have the wrong owner. I appreciate your effort to protect a potential buyer but please have your facts correct and use a more professional approach rather than "okay you asked for it"??? I'd rather use a productive approach to gather information. Interesting enough, I did purchase my corvette a few months back from a gentlemen in Bakersfield. Maybe this is the same Corvette you test drove or maybe not. You seem to despise the old owner or the car or something. Can you please elaborate as I am curious to know why being the new owner?

I am a car collector and businessman. I bought this car with the intention to keep for many years as an investment as I do with all my classic car purchases. However, I am liquidating some vehicles to raise capital and this one is included unfortunately being I only sell most recently purchased cars from my collection. More importantly, I am so boggled by your post as my corvette (if we are even speaking of the same exact car) is one of the nicest Collector Editions, let alone C4s I have seen. CE's are 20 year old cars and usually are all beat up. I only buy near perfect or extremely clean vehicles for my collection. It took my a long time to find a nice enough C4 that would meet my requirements to buy and this one did. I am so confused as to why you would pass up on this car? Are you having remorse for not buying? It was even priced under value!?!?! Being a fellow car guy, I am disappointed you just test drove her and just left her at a home who didn't want her. On top, it was of the nicest C4s around! I'd be ashamed.

I drove the car over 100 miles home from Bakersfield. Prior to the drive I checked all tires at a gas station and they were a tad under inflated. I am very meticulous about tire wear and ensuring they are at the proper psi at all times, etc. OCD I know but you car guys understand. I drove home at 75 mph and she drove like a dream. I did not experience the tire issue of flat spots or imbalanced you speak of. The horsepower sentence made me literally laugh out loud lol I am thinking you just don't have the "driver mod". I welcome anyone interested to please test drive and you will see for yourself.

If anything, I am saving a Corvette (like a child to many of us) from an average home and making sure she goes to a Corvette home so please cut me some slack. I apologize if you feel I am misrepresenting the car but I am sure a buyer will know whether to buy or not and what to pay when they view and drive the car. The car isn't perfect but it is damn near. Thus, why I am asking $12.5 rather than $15k for if she was in 100% perfect condition. CE's are going for that with LT1s, mine is LT4. As you said, please come and drive the car yourself. I am more than welcome to send any specific photos or videos of the vehicle to rebut this poster's attempt to taint this car. She is a great car that deserves a great home. Simple as that. I apologize to all the members on your behalf that this conversation took place.
Old 10-05-2016, 10:23 PM
OH THREE Z
Melting Slicks

Received 478 Likes on 280 Posts
2018 C4 of Year Finalist

look.i have no axe to grind but if i did it would be the description. sure its 180 degrees from what OP is saying...thats the point of my posts. i am trying to stop people from scamming buyers. be mad all you want, this car is not as advertised. based on the decription of this car on CL in august in bakersfield i drove 350 miles to a complete waste of time.....for the 12.9k he was asking.... it is most likely a low mileage instrument cluster swap. a quick carfax will reveal if i am lying.

if you dont believe it then ask about the caddy dealer in bakersfield. http://www.3wayautomotive.com/

The OP handled this much better than i would have. Our moderators are sleeping at the wheel so you got to voice your opinion now move back under rock from which you crawled and let this man try to sell his car which looks and sounds very nice.

Cant wait for your next post which judging from your activity should come around Jan '18... cant come soon enough
Old 10-06-2016, 11:46 AM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

A ZF with a properly functioning slave will be nice and smooth shifting fwiw. Thats not a bad thing.
GLWS

Get notified of new replies

To 1996 Chevrolet Corvette Collector Edition LT4 For Sale 51k Original Miles

Old 10-08-2016, 10:35 PM
MRose0906
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 44 Likes on 20 Posts

I had the PLEASURE of viewing this car today. I'd like to say, the car runs and drives like a top. I felt none of the above listed problems. The only thing I noticed is that the clutch is a little tight. Probably something that will relax after it gets a few miles on it (recently replaced). The car is 20 years old and has been driven, so if you expecting it to look like it just rolled off the line you are insane, but it looks great for it's age; minimal touch-ups needed.

Lastly, after talking with Shawn for a while, I got nothing but the feeling that is a stand-up guy who just wants this to go to a good home. Plus, he not asking for the moon like most other people with comparable vehicles.

There's my two cents, take it for what you'd like.
Old 10-11-2016, 08:50 PM
shawnyp22
Cruising

Yes sir, I did in fact run a carfax and it came out clean, no issues whatsoever. How come you did not do so when you were looking at the car? Again, are we even discussing the same car? I politely asked you for further information on why you felt this way and your reply above referenced nothing beneficial.

Furthermore, the car has zero signs of any accidents, everything is original, and the dash/cluster does not look to be replaced or tampered with. Do you have information the general public is not aware of regarding this car? How can you say it has had an instrument cluster swap?

As I originally stated, with all due respect, I believe you are mistaken. Either you have the wrong vehicle, information/facts, or etc. I am not trying to offend you but I do not appreciate the false representation of my car you have have described which is exactly what you were attempting to stop for protect fellow members.
Old 10-11-2016, 08:52 PM
shawnyp22
Cruising

Originally Posted by MRose0906
I had the PLEASURE of viewing this car today. I'd like to say, the car runs and drives like a top. I felt none of the above listed problems. The only thing I noticed is that the clutch is a little tight. Probably something that will relax after it gets a few miles on it (recently replaced). The car is 20 years old and has been driven, so if you expecting it to look like it just rolled off the line you are insane, but it looks great for it's age; minimal touch-ups needed.

Lastly, after talking with Shawn for a while, I got nothing but the feeling that is a stand-up guy who just wants this to go to a good home. Plus, he not asking for the moon like most other people with comparable vehicles.

There's my two cents, take it for what you'd like.
Thank you! Pleasure meeting you guys! Thanks again for your service and good luck with your corvette hunt.

Quick Reply: 1996 Chevrolet Corvette Collector Edition LT4 For Sale 51k Original Miles