Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

WTB: C4 | $4-6k | Automatic | Coupe | Central IN

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 03:32 PM
corvette_realtor
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default C4 | $4-6k | Automatic | Coupe | Central IN

Hi

I'm in the market for a C4 Corvette. It has to be a coupe with automatic transmission. Here's ideally what I'd find:

- Not terribly picky on years, but prefer non-CrossFire engine.
- Not picky on mileage, but prefer under 150k.
- Not interested in repainting or any significant body repairs.
- Not terribly picky about cloth VS leather and seat covers are OK.
- Prefer steering wheel be in good condition/no steering wheel covers.
- Prefer little-to-none modifications to body, rims, interior, stereo
- Not super picky on color but VERY interested in factory 2-tone colors
- Ideal price range is $4-6k (not looking for a show car)
- HAS TO BE DRIVABLE.... would like to make it through year 1 without any major repairs
- Prefer to work with sellers in my area (Central Indiana, surrounding states are a possibility for the perfect match).

I'm considering several on CL and at a local dealer that specializes in Vettes. Anybody got something I don't know about?
Old 03-31-2017, 06:42 PM
NAR79
Heel & Toe

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Just curious: Which local dealer are you talking about that specializes in Corvettes? I just sold my 86, and I will be purchasing a 2017 model in the next few weeks. I was thinking of going through Hare or Penske, as I'm in Fishers.

Good luck finding your car! There are several nice C4's in the area.
Old 03-31-2017, 10:48 PM
corvette_realtor
Instructor

Originally Posted by NAR79
Just curious: Which local dealer are you talking about that specializes in Corvettes? I just sold my 86, and I will be purchasing a 2017 model in the next few weeks. I was thinking of going through Hare or Penske, as I'm in Fishers.

Good luck finding your car! There are several nice C4's in the area.
There is a place in Fairmount, IN called J&S Motors. They have a collection of 'Vettes for sale - mostly classic up to C4 gen. There are some C5's for sale there.

As far as buying new I'm not sure where to direct you. My DD is a Toyota from Butler. never been to Hare or Penske. I'm pretty sure my family (GM people) have bought at DeVoe in Alex.
Old 03-31-2017, 11:18 PM
NAR79
Heel & Toe

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like they have a nice collection. I grew up near Marion, but had never heard of them. Thanks for the info!
Old 04-06-2017, 01:53 PM
bruce017
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13
Default for sale

88 35th anniversary, 100,000 miles, 95% original, good car, good driver, firm price $6000.00, Martinsville, ind area
Old 04-07-2017, 10:39 AM
catso
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

You may have seen this one on CL, is near North Judson, IN. I talked to him about it and he seems like an OK guy and the car may not be a bad deal: https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/cto/6040556977.html
Old 04-08-2017, 11:21 AM
corvette_realtor
Instructor

Originally Posted by catso
You may have seen this one on CL, is near North Judson, IN. I talked to him about it and he seems like an OK guy and the car may not be a bad deal: https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/cto/6040556977.html
Oh man.. Thanks for sharing but that car is rough! I see more than just a little bit of work. Considering it has fairly low amount of miles, that car has seen some life. It will probably make a good project car for someone but I would like to buy something that's a little less fixer-upper. I've already got a house that takes up all of my project time
Old 04-08-2017, 03:31 PM
catso
Instructor

Originally Posted by corvette_realtor
Oh man.. Thanks for sharing but that car is rough! I see more than just a little bit of work. Considering it has fairly low amount of miles, that car has seen some life. It will probably make a good project car for someone but I would like to buy something that's a little less fixer-upper. I've already got a house that takes up all of my project time
Here's another interesting deal where the guy seems very motivated:
https://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/cto/6061514668.html
Old 04-09-2017, 03:28 PM
corvette_realtor
Instructor

Originally Posted by catso
Here's another interesting deal where the guy seems very motivated:
https://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/cto/6061514668.html
Those C5 wheels on the C4 Vette look so wrong. Lol. The weekend "deal" is interesting. I would not pay over $5,000 for any 1984 unless it was museum-quality. Resale is going to be a bitch because of the stigma against the Crossfire engine. Also, they are prone to more issues than any other C4 (to my knowledge).

I will probably stick to local-only (greater Indpls area). There are a ton of Vette owners in Indiana. I'm seeing more & more ads every day now that spring has hit. I'll only buy a car if it feels right, so I have to test and inspect thoroughly (that means seeing in person). Driving even 2 hours out of the way for a car that I might not want isn't worth the "hunt" to me.
Old 04-09-2017, 03:34 PM
catso
Instructor

Originally Posted by corvette_realtor
Those C5 wheels on the C4 Vette look so wrong. Lol. The weekend "deal" is interesting. I would not pay over $5,000 for any 1984 unless it was museum-quality. Resale is going to be a bitch because of the stigma against the Crossfire engine. Also, they are prone to more issues than any other C4 (to my knowledge).

I will probably stick to local-only (greater Indpls area). There are a ton of Vette owners in Indiana. I'm seeing more & more ads every day now that spring has hit. I'll only buy a car if it feels right, so I have to test and inspect thoroughly (that means seeing in person). Driving even 2 hours out of the way for a car that I might not want isn't worth the "hunt" to me.
I'm kind of in the same boat, good luck.

Get notified of new replies

To C4 | $4-6k | Automatic | Coupe | Central IN

Quick Reply: WTB: C4 | $4-6k | Automatic | Coupe | Central IN