Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

FS: 1990 C4 Corvette 6-Speed Roadster

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 10:38 AM
chstitans42
TheCorvetteBen
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 136 Likes on 74 Posts

Default 1990 C4 Corvette 6-Speed Roadster

SOLD
Up for sale is a beautiful all original 1990 C4 Corvette Roadster. This car has been owned by my mother in law for the last three years. For the whole time, she has used it as a daily driver. I have been the mechanic for this car while she owned it so I can tell you all the things that have been done to the car to keep it on the road and all the little things it will need. She bought it with 70k on the odometer, and it now has right under 106k. Remember the car is 27 years old, so it will need a few little things as expected. I have divided up the car into sections that way you know everything I know about the car.

Exterior: This corvette wears its original white paint job that it got back in 1990 In Bowling Green Kentucky. It shows very well, with only minor imperfections that can be expected from a car of this age. The most noticeable areas are one chip in the hood and another on the rear bumper. All the tail lights, headlights, blinkers and marker lights work and are in good shape. The convertible top was replaced when the car was bought three years ago, and is in good shape, just could use a good thorough cleaning. All the glass is good and original to the car. This roadster was equipped with the optional luggage rack which is actually very useful.

Interior: The inside of the car is an awesome red color. The best part is it is 100% original. The driver's seat and the carpet bolsters show a small amount of wear, but nothing compared to what is normally found in later C4 seats. The door panels are in great shape, along with the dashboard and console. The AC on the car blows cold and the heater works. All the gauges other than the oil pressure gauge work. The liquid crystal display in the middle is working correctly. The AC controls work and air will blow out of all the settings. The factory BOSE gold radio works. I haven't tried out the CD/cassette but it is rare to find both in one radio. The power seat moves front to back.

Engine: Most of the work has been under the hood to keep it on the road and a reliable car for my mother in law. There is a long list of things that have been done over the years. The engine has had regular oil changes every 4k miles with synthetic oil. The following accessories have been replaced: alternator, smog pump, water pump, lower radiator hose, thermostat, belt tensioner, serpentine belt, air filter, fuel injectors (bosch III), computer, head gaskets, battery, spark plugs, wires, cap/rotor, valve cover gaskets, intake manifold gaskets. Engine runs strong with good compression and good oil pressure. No smoke, knocks, ticks or issues.

Transmission: The transmission is a ZF 6 speed. I have changed the oil that goes inside the transmission. The clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder have been replaced and works great. I do not know if the clutch has been replaced in the past, but it works great with no chatter or noises. The shifter shifts smooth through all 6 gears and reverse.
Brakes/Suspension/Tires: The front brake pads were replaced about a year ago, the rears were done last week. The master cylinder has been replaced and the whole system bled with new fluid. The car stops straight and well. Power booster works. The rear wheel bearing on the driver's side has been replaced. The tires will need replaced in the next 5k miles or so, not due to age, but from driving the car.

The car has a clean and clear blue TX title. I have provided the VIN so that you can get a Carfax if you like. We are asking $6,500 obo for the car. Feel free to call/email/text with any questions that you might have. I also have a youtube video/walk around of the car. I can send you the link if you are interested.

Little things that the car could need:
Oil pressure gauge inside the car does not work
Power antenna mast needs replaced
Passenger window does not roll up (I'm working on getting this fixed.)
Car will need tires probably in another 5k miles.

Last edited by chstitans42; 08-07-2017 at 03:52 PM.
Old 05-28-2017, 09:12 PM
chstitans42
TheCorvetteBen
Support Corvetteforum!

ttt
Old 06-02-2017, 11:40 PM
chstitans42
TheCorvetteBen
Support Corvetteforum!

ttt
Old 06-11-2017, 08:46 PM
chstitans42
TheCorvetteBen
Support Corvetteforum!

ttt
Old 06-28-2017, 03:46 PM
chstitans42
TheCorvetteBen
Support Corvetteforum!

ttt
Old 06-30-2017, 09:47 AM
blue67ragtop
Burning Brakes

Received 167 Likes on 136 Posts
2018 C2 of Year Finalist

Very nice! I can't believe what a value C4 convertibles are. I no longer own a C4 but did have an '88 and it was one of the best driving Vettes I have ever owned. C4's corner so well! If I had room in my garage for another Vette I would be all over this. Should sell quickly and you have obviously done a lot to maintain it.
Old 06-30-2017, 10:42 AM
chstitans42
TheCorvetteBen
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by blue67ragtop
Very nice! I can't believe what a value C4 convertibles are. I no longer own a C4 but did have an '88 and it was one of the best driving Vettes I have ever owned. C4's corner so well! If I had room in my garage for another Vette I would be all over this. Should sell quickly and you have obviously done a lot to maintain it.
Make an offer, it could be yours!
Old 07-09-2017, 06:43 PM
chstitans42
TheCorvetteBen
Support Corvetteforum!

ttt

Get notified of new replies

To 1990 C4 Corvette 6-Speed Roadster

Quick Reply: FS: 1990 C4 Corvette 6-Speed Roadster