Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

FS: 1986 coupe. 15311 miles. Beautiful. Near perfect! $13,999 or best realistic offer.

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2018, 09:57 PM
porkey
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1986 coupe. 15311 miles. Beautiful. Near perfect! $11,999

Sorry again everyone. I'm still learning how your site works! Posted description under replies! I'll try again! Fantastic, one family ownership. I was actually at the dealership when purchased and delivered brand new! 1986-E Coupe. E means early with cast iron heads. 350 L98. Automatic transmission. Z51 performance package, glass top, Bose (includes unopened Bose demo tape), silver beige over medium bronze, matching bronze leather/carpeting, custom front/rear matching carpeted mats (original mats safe underneath!). Paint looks/shines like new. Original interior like new. LCD instrument cluster functions as new. No leaks. Weather stripping/door seals throughout soft/pliable with no visible deterioration. All factory labels/stickers. Includes all manuals and service receipts. See window sticker. New fuel pump, new fuel sending unit, new rear Bilsteins. Even the new battery is ACDelco (once again, as OEM, but on a side note, I truly believe ACDelco makes a fine battery!). Car has been run regularly, even when not being driven. Most trips, however, were short trips, hence the low accumulated mileage since shipping to Maine in 2001. It would also get started everytime I had to get my motorcycle out for a ride (which I rode more). Always attached to a battery tender. Now it's time to hopefully pass this beauty along to someone who will truly appreciate it's well preserved condition and drive it more than I did. Runs like new. Will serve you great as a daily driver, weekend driver or perhaps part of a private collection. Always a non smoker vehicle but includes the original cigarette lighter! I'm also including, for the right buyer, a bunch of C4 goodies, such as 1986 hardbound GM factory technical manuals, original Car and Driver, Road and Track etc. , magazines from around 1986, featuring the Corvette, custom removable sunshade for the glass top, emergency hood release tool (in case cable fails...how many of you knew this tool existed?), new front dam, OEM new oil filler cap and lug nut covers (in case the new owner takes it to a show or two as I did), Corvette maglite and more. Great car if your looking for top flight status. Won First place, Concorse class...trophy included with sale. Oh, the factory Goodyears were replaced with Dunlops, by my Father, as he felt there rode/performed better. The tires look like new, with no visible cracking or deterioration but I suspect some flat spotting that I haven't tried to run out. Let's face it, clean, original, low mileage C4's are hard to come by and honestly, I've never seen so many, literally driven into the ground! More so than any other generation of Vette. You'll be hard pressed to find nicer. No accidents. Clean title. Ready to go! If you'd like to chat more specifics, feel free to contact me on my land line, at 207-985-9806. Leave message with phone number and best time to call, if I am unavailable. Asking $11,999 . Thanks for looking!

Include very rare original metal lost/found key chain!

Last edited by porkey; 04-29-2018 at 09:10 PM. Reason: I think I figured out how to post my description!
Old 04-07-2018, 09:40 AM
porkey
Cruising

Hi everyone. I've been an NCOA member for years and years but am new to the forum. My apologies as I'm still trying to figure out how all this works! This beautiful C4 is a 1986-E, meaning early, with cast iron heads. One family ownership. I was actually present at the time of purchase AND delivery! Always garaged, meticulously maintained and pampered 15311 miles. It has been run regularly but I really haven't put alot of miles on it so it's time to pass this beauty on to hopefully someone who will drive it much more than I did and appreciate/maintain it's wonderfully preserved condition. It is a concourse class winner....First Place and I will include the trophy with the sale. Rarer silver beige metallic over medium bronze metallic two tone. All original or OEM parts. Even the new battery is ACDELCO! Automatic transmission, Z51 performance package, glass top. See window sticker. Original paint looks/shines like new. Matching bronze leather/carpeting like new. LCD instrument cluster function as new. All stickers/labels plus all documentation/service receipts. Includes custom matching carpets but the originals all well preserved under them! Also includes the extremely rare original metal lost/found key chain and original day one dealership tags on the spare keys as well as unopened Bose introduction tape! I' m including, for the right buyer, all my extras. These include original Road and Track, Car and Driver magazines etc. all mint; like new fleece lined car cover. rare hard bound GM 1986 C4 service manuals, custom removable glass top sunshade, extra lug caps and oil filler cap (original also) etc. for you to use at shows, as I did; corvette maglite, new front spare spoiler, hood opening tool (in case cable fails...how many knew that tool existed?) and more! New fuel pump, new fuel sending unit, new rear Bilsteins. Runs like new. Tires are Dunlop replacements by my father, as he felt they drove and performed better than the factory Goodyears. Dunlops look new with no cracking or visible wear bit I do suspect some flat spotting which I honestly did not try to run out. No leaks. All window seals, weather stripping etc soft/well preserved with no visible deterioration. You will be hard pressed to find one nicer with low miles. Always a non smoker car but includes original cigarette lighter. I'd be happy to caht with anyone interested. My land line number is 207-985-9806. Leave me a message with a number and good time to call you back if I'm not home. No accidents, clean title, ready to go! $11999

Last edited by porkey; 04-29-2018 at 09:07 PM. Reason: price lowered
Old 04-08-2018, 10:31 AM
ZR-1 Mark
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by porkey
Hi everyone. I've been an NCOA member for years and years but am new to the forum. My apologies as I'm still trying to figure out how all this works! This beautiful C4 is a 1986-E, meaning early, with cast iron heads. One family ownership. I was actually present at the time of purchase AND delivery! Always garaged, meticulously maintained and pampered 15311 miles. It has been run regularly but I really haven't put alot of miles on it so it's time to pass this beauty on to hopefully someone who will drive it much more than I did and appreciate/maintain it's wonderfully preserved condition. It is a concourse class winner....First Place and I will include the trophy with the sale. Rarer silver beige metallic over medium bronze metallic two tone. All original or OEM parts. Even the new battery is ACDELCO! Automatic transmission, Z51 performance package, glass top. See window sticker. Original paint looks/shines like new. Matching bronze leather/carpeting like new. LCD instrument cluster function as new. All stickers/labels plus all documentation/service receipts. Includes custom matching carpets but the originals all well preserved under them! Also includes the extremely rare original metal lost/found key chain and original day one dealership tags on the spare keys as well as unopened Bose introduction tape! I' m including, for the right buyer, all my extras. These include original Road and Track, Car and Driver magazines etc. all mint; like new fleece lined car cover. rare hard bound GM 1986 C4 service manuals, custom removable glass top sunshade, extra lug caps and oil filler cap (original also) etc. for you to use at shows, as I did; corvette maglite, new front spare spoiler, hood opening tool (in case cable fails...how many knew that tool existed?) and more! New fuel pump, new fuel sending unit, new rear Bilsteins. Runs like new. Tires are Dunlop replacements by my father, as he felt they drove and performed better than the factory Goodyears. Dunlops look new with no cracking or visible wear bit I do suspect some flat spotting which I honestly did not try to run out. No leaks. All window seals, weather stripping etc soft/well preserved with no visible deterioration. You will be hard pressed to find one nicer with low miles. Always a non smoker car but includes original cigarette lighter. I'd be happy to caht with anyone interested. My land line number is 207-985-9806. Leave me a message with a number and good time to call you back if I'm not home. No accidents, clean title, ready to go!
Beautiful car....I think I saw it on Maine's CRAIGLIST a while ago and drooled over it. Get ready for the naysayers who will tell you things like "You're bangin' up on C5 prices etc....." Don't mind them, if I could have afforded that much I would have made you an offer ! I hate to see you sell it, it's a beauty !!!!

Good Luck,
Mark

Last edited by ZR-1 Mark; 04-08-2018 at 10:32 AM.
The following users liked this post:
porkey (05-02-2018)
Old 04-08-2018, 11:26 AM
porkey
Cruising

Thanks Mark. I appreciate it. Must have been another. Never listed on Craigs list. I know what you mean. These days there are alot of "experts" out there and so often criticize first, ask questions later. I'm hoping someone out there will appreciate the condition its in and find a good home. Still have a little wiggle room left on the price but it's getting thinner. Interesting, regarding the C5s, I've always found the C4's much more attractive. Yes, I know styling is subjective, but the C5s rear is, how do you put, a bit large and unattractive. And the C4 race inspired engine compartment, with exposed struts, shocks etc., is a thing of beauty! I'd take C4 over a C5. Besides, I'm sure similar C5s have likely accumulated higher mileage for the price. It's amazing what money individuals will spend on higher mileage cars, even beaters. I know, we all can only afford what we can afford, but I'd personally take out a loan for the difference to get a better condition example, especially since the difference is often just a couple thousand dollars, of which many times the new owner has to reinvest into his bargain vette anyway. If you know of anyone who might be interested , please keep me in mind. Take care. Bryan
Old 04-09-2018, 08:45 PM
JungleCat
Safety Car

Received 252 Likes on 174 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

A beautiful car! GLWS!
porkey (05-02-2018)
Old 04-09-2018, 09:17 PM
porkey
Cruising

Thanks...Hoping to find a good home for her!
Old 04-14-2018, 10:42 PM
jkeithnb
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

is it still for sale
Old 04-15-2018, 01:18 AM
porkey
Cruising

Default 1986 Corvette

Originally Posted by jkeithnb
is it still for sale
Yes it is still for sale. Took it to the dealership Friday, April 13th for an inspection/oil change. Also had them go over it again . Compression ratio was good. All fluids checked out good as well and other than verification of the suspected flat spotting on tires, all else good. Drove it all day. Although the dealers top vette tech also checked the AC and said it was fine, I believe it needs a recharge. But other than that and said flat spotting, it continues to run like new. Thanks for the inquiry. Hoping to find an appreciative home for her. Feel free to call me if you'd like more information. 207-985-9806. Bryan
Old 04-15-2018, 10:08 AM
porkey
Cruising

Default 1986 Corvette

Also...a little more on it's history. Shipped to Maine, enclosed carrier 2001. New valve gaskets were placed 2002 as well as the A.C. being converted to R-134. A new condensor was also installed as well as a new coolant level sensor at that time. The valve gaskets were checked two days ago while at the dealership and was told they were good also. Regarding the previously mentioned fuel pump and fuel sending unit, they were replaced Oct. 2016. Also, as I mentioned previously, I always ran it regularly, even when not being driven, except for a brief period around 2015, as I lost track of time planning a special trip for my mom to Hawaii, which included Pearl Harbor, as my mom's dad (my grandfather) served on the USS ARIZONA for four years. I suspect this likely contributed to the fuel pump blockage/subsequent replacement.

Last edited by porkey; 04-15-2018 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Date correction
Old 04-15-2018, 10:44 AM
porkey
Cruising

Default 1986 Corvette

And...At the time of the fuel pump blockage/replacement Oct. 2016, I had the dealer drain and clean the tank as a precaution. This was my request, as it gave me added piece of mind but I do not believe this is done routinely and truthfully, probably was unnecessary. The old fuel was obviously discarded and fresh fuel added.
Old 04-15-2018, 08:06 PM
jkeithnb
Intermediate

Sent You a PM - did not see yours back
Old 04-15-2018, 09:51 PM
porkey
Cruising

Default 1986 Corvette

Originally Posted by jkeithnb
Sent You a PM - did not see yours back
Yes. Have replied with a PM also.
Old 04-29-2018, 09:04 PM
porkey
Cruising

Default Price lowered to $11999.

Ac recharged and new wiper blades installed. Has been running perfectly. Flat spotting becoming less noticeable!
Old 05-02-2018, 12:27 PM
jkeithnb
Intermediate

Bought the car, everything you said and more - an entirely pleasant experience from a top notch member.

Thank you
porkey (05-02-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To 1986 coupe. 15311 miles. Beautiful. Near perfect! $13,999 or best realistic offer.

Quick Reply: FS: 1986 coupe. 15311 miles. Beautiful. Near perfect! $13,999 or best realistic offer.