Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

FS: 1992 ZR-1 w/21k miles

Old 02-01-2019, 06:33 PM
Snakeskinner2
CF Senior Member

I remember seeing this picture of Mike's car a while back and it pretty much sums it up.....

Old 02-01-2019, 10:51 PM
Fauxari08
CF Senior Member

Fuddy duddy it does... Keep that gem of a car you have. It will only get more desireable over time. I'm not a big polo fan but your z is sexy as *****.. Very nice brother. That is an auction car with a few drunks that have to have it. Most people that own a c4 can't comprehende 42k invested . Regardeless of market value.. Sik car!! Your wheels ,tires and brakes are worth more than 75% of 92 base models. That's a fact!
Old 02-15-2019, 01:28 AM
Snakeskinner2
CF Senior Member

bump. price dropped.
Old 02-17-2019, 05:55 PM
zrc3john
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Atari_Prime View Post
'Comparable to this one' is part of the equation. I have no idea, I haven't seen this car in person. However, none of the mods add value to the car, especially in the Corvette community. Corvette buyers generally want unmodified stock vehicles. And that goes for most other cars as well. If you are buying a Dodge Viper and have added a twin turbo system that cost you $10k, you haven't increased the value by $10k, you've lowered the value by about $2k because the value is in the originality of the car and the new owner will have to pay to remove the add-ons. The only way the twin-turbo system adds value is if it was done by, and documented as one from, Hennessey. In the Corvette world the same holds true for mods. Unless the mods were done by Callaway via factory or aftermarket it is hard to get a markup for those cars regardless of the increase to the inital cost of the car. There might be some luck with mods done by Mallet or DRM but it would be very little in the current market.

I'm sure the car above is great, and have no qualms with the price. I saw the price was outside the norm, so the logical question is how was the price arrived at. That's all.
There's always the debate about mods affecting price .....I bought mine stock back in 2014.....If I had to do it all over again I would buy one modded ....

My opinion is there performance cars people....375-400 HP in today's world? Not much.....I'm not saying mod the hell out of it and abuse it but this particular car wakes up when you mod it and it becomes a much more fun car to drive..Just my opinion....

I think this sellers Z is rare, not many look like this one and he will most likely get more than the average sales price for a stock one...
Old 02-17-2019, 09:45 PM
Z51JEFF
CF Senior Member

Location: Fremont Ca. I will do No business with ANY company that boycotts Arizona.

When I look at something with an interest in buying it I donít follow the norm meaning get it as cheap as possible,if itís clean,and works for me Iíll buy it. My mindset is I want the CLEANEST I can buy,even if I pay a premium for it. I put some feelers out there not too long ago about selling my car. Iíve got an easy $45,000 in my car and would put it up against anybodyís car with my claim that the car is cleaner than 99% of the Zs out there and I wouldnít take a dime less than $30,000 for it.
Old 02-17-2019, 09:58 PM
Snakeskinner2
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Z51JEFF View Post
When I look at something with an interest in buying it I donít follow the norm meaning get it as cheap as possible,if itís clean,and works for me Iíll buy it. My mindset is I want the CLEANEST I can buy,even if I pay a premium for it. I put some feelers out there not too long ago about selling my car. Iíve got an easy $45,000 in my car and would put it up against anybodyís car with my claim that the car is cleaner than 99% of the Zs out there and I wouldnít take a dime less than $30,000 for it.
Jeff your car and my car as well as a few others on here I've seen are in an "elevated category" if I can say that without sounding to d-baggy. Cars with this kind of an upgrade/parts investment warrant a higher price...obviously. anyone that would suggest differently is probably either trying to get something cheap or is playing crabs in a bucket. These are te same people I see on the forum with a $4k 86 base model that say no c4 zr1 is worth $20k, same type of thinking.
I just try to ignore all those people, I know what I have and what I want out of it and that's that. If I can't get what I want out of it then I just won't sell it, it's worth more to me to keep it.
I never expect to get all of my mod investment money back but it's Preposterous to think that it doesn't raise the value of the car at all. People who think that way, these types of modified cars probably aren't for you.
Old 02-19-2019, 01:12 AM
glassman2000

Default c4 zr1

have you changed any engine internals?
what is bottom dollar cash money?
any picture of the rear and front of the car?
Old 02-19-2019, 05:59 AM
Snakeskinner2
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by glassman2000 View Post
have you changed any engine internals?
what is bottom dollar cash money?
any picture of the rear and front of the car?
Stock internals w/21k
Give me a call or text if serious buyer

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FS: 1992 ZR-1 w/21k miles

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.