Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

FS: 1992 ZR-1 w/21k miles

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2019, 05:33 PM
Snakeskinner2
Racer

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

I remember seeing this picture of Mike's car a while back and it pretty much sums it up.....

Old 02-01-2019, 09:51 PM
Fauxari08
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts

Fuddy duddy it does... Keep that gem of a car you have. It will only get more desireable over time. I'm not a big polo fan but your z is sexy as *****.. Very nice brother. That is an auction car with a few drunks that have to have it. Most people that own a c4 can't comprehende 42k invested . Regardeless of market value.. Sik car!! Your wheels ,tires and brakes are worth more than 75% of 92 base models. That's a fact!
Old 02-15-2019, 12:28 AM
Snakeskinner2
Racer

bump. price dropped.
Old 02-17-2019, 08:45 PM
Z51JEFF
Race Director

Received 643 Likes on 420 Posts
2022 C4 of the Year Finalist - Modified

When I look at something with an interest in buying it I don’t follow the norm meaning get it as cheap as possible,if it’s clean,and works for me I’ll buy it. My mindset is I want the CLEANEST I can buy,even if I pay a premium for it. I put some feelers out there not too long ago about selling my car. I’ve got an easy $45,000 in my car and would put it up against anybody’s car with my claim that the car is cleaner than 99% of the Zs out there and I wouldn’t take a dime less than $30,000 for it.
Old 02-17-2019, 08:58 PM
Snakeskinner2
Racer

Originally Posted by Z51JEFF
When I look at something with an interest in buying it I don’t follow the norm meaning get it as cheap as possible,if it’s clean,and works for me I’ll buy it. My mindset is I want the CLEANEST I can buy,even if I pay a premium for it. I put some feelers out there not too long ago about selling my car. I’ve got an easy $45,000 in my car and would put it up against anybody’s car with my claim that the car is cleaner than 99% of the Zs out there and I wouldn’t take a dime less than $30,000 for it.
Jeff your car and my car as well as a few others on here I've seen are in an "elevated category" if I can say that without sounding to d-baggy. Cars with this kind of an upgrade/parts investment warrant a higher price...obviously. anyone that would suggest differently is probably either trying to get something cheap or is playing crabs in a bucket. These are te same people I see on the forum with a $4k 86 base model that say no c4 zr1 is worth $20k, same type of thinking.
I just try to ignore all those people, I know what I have and what I want out of it and that's that. If I can't get what I want out of it then I just won't sell it, it's worth more to me to keep it.
I never expect to get all of my mod investment money back but it's Preposterous to think that it doesn't raise the value of the car at all. People who think that way, these types of modified cars probably aren't for you.
Old 02-19-2019, 12:12 AM
glassman2000
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Default c4 zr1

have you changed any engine internals?
what is bottom dollar cash money?
any picture of the rear and front of the car?
Old 02-19-2019, 04:59 AM
Snakeskinner2
Racer

Originally Posted by glassman2000
have you changed any engine internals?
what is bottom dollar cash money?
any picture of the rear and front of the car?
Stock internals w/21k
Give me a call or text if serious buyer

The following users liked this post:
reasonable suspicion (04-29-2019)
Old 03-21-2019, 08:10 PM
ZR-1DUDE
Drifting

Received 405 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by vetteLT193
That dude wants a super specific Z and doesn't want to pay for it. It's not going to happen. My guess is he sees ZR-1's for sale that he doesn't like for 20k and when he finds one he does like he tries to apply that lower number to it. He's also asked multiple people about original wheels and I think it's hilarious he asked you because there is no way in hell the factory wheels are going over those brakes.... but he didn't ask about the factory brakes.
I have the MovIt brakes (993 Twin Turbo) on the front of my 94 ZR-1 and the stock wheels clear. The Fikse wheels looks better, but the stock ones do work.

D.
Old 03-24-2019, 01:21 AM
Snakeskinner2
Racer

Originally Posted by ZR-1DUDE
I have the MovIt brakes (993 Twin Turbo) on the front of my 94 ZR-1 and the stock wheels clear. The Fikse wheels looks better, but the stock ones do work.

D.
The stock wheels will not clear on mine. The new rotors are almost the same size diameter as the stock wheels
Old 04-19-2019, 11:28 PM
edram454
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

good mods are the way to go. I had a modified zr1 and it would smoke any stocker easily. 44k miles with headers. siamesed ported intake upper and lower cai, brakes roll cage etc... all black and a just painted and detailed black motor plus new injectors, brake bias, corsa exhaust, customer shifter etc.... it did not go for what it was worth and I did lose lots of money. dont let it go for less than you want for it. everybody will low ball these cars. right now they dont get any respect but eventally they will. you car is very nice. glws.
Old 04-20-2019, 01:22 AM
Snakeskinner2
Racer

Originally Posted by edram454
good mods are the way to go. I had a modified zr1 and it would smoke any stocker easily. 44k miles with headers. siamesed ported intake upper and lower cai, brakes roll cage etc... all black and a just painted and detailed black motor plus new injectors, brake bias, corsa exhaust, customer shifter etc.... it did not go for what it was worth and I did lose lots of money. dont let it go for less than you want for it. everybody will low ball these cars. right now they dont get any respect but eventally they will. you car is very nice. glws.
Thanks. This is an old thread, I have since decided to keep the car. It's so unique and amazing of a car I would feel bad letting it go at $30k honestly.

Last edited by Snakeskinner2; 04-20-2019 at 04:13 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Mizer40th (04-20-2019)
Old 04-21-2019, 08:00 PM
baddboyz03
Burning Brakes

Received 50 Likes on 18 Posts

this is a nice car!
if you think modifying devalues a car and stock is the way to go, you are wrong!
just watch the big auctions resto-mod, modified cars done nicely are selling for 3x the money of stock cars. i know thats what i do
but if you want a stock car, go for it, just stop saying modified cars are not worth it, they are.
again this is a very nice car! and yes I tried to buy it, snakeskinner changed his mind about selling!
Old 04-21-2019, 10:17 PM
TLS_Addict
Team Owner

Received 677 Likes on 347 Posts

There are many people who think their car is worth a mint, however, they're wrong. In this instance, the car is worth every penny.

Please though, do not compare it to a pro tour 60s Camaro in terms on being modded. Nothing of the like.
Old 04-22-2019, 03:50 AM
Snakeskinner2
Racer

Originally Posted by baddboyz03
this is a nice car!
if you think modifying devalues a car and stock is the way to go, you are wrong!
just watch the big auctions resto-mod, modified cars done nicely are selling for 3x the money of stock cars. i know thats what i do
but if you want a stock car, go for it, just stop saying modified cars are not worth it, they are.
again this is a very nice car! and yes I tried to buy it, snakeskinner changed his mind about selling!
thanks for the compliments. i have never been one of those purist guys. i can appreciate if you buy a car as an investment grade collector piece..... sure, but i buy my cars to drive and experience, and if i can improve that experience without sacrificing what the car is i am going to every time. i have tried to improve the looks and performance of this car without "overdoing it", and i think i have been successful at that. it looks better, handles better, sounds better, performs better and stops way better, i absolutely love the way it turned out. only thing i would add to this car at this point is Pete's 391pkg....which i am still on the fence with, i really want to do it!!. 600hp in my opinion is the magic number for the c4 platform!
and yes..... obviously.......tasteful mods absolutely add value.
Old 04-26-2019, 12:14 AM
Snakeskinner2
Racer

I have had so much interest in this thing In the past week i think I'm going to relist it for sale. If interested PM me. I'm going to probably list it on Ebay and the forums.
The following 2 users liked this post by Snakeskinner2:
Mizer40th (04-26-2019), ZR-1DUDE (04-26-2019)
Old 04-28-2019, 02:05 AM
jabohaz
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default '92 zr1

Still for sale?...Bob
Old 04-28-2019, 02:15 AM
Snakeskinner2
Racer

Originally Posted by jabohaz
Still for sale?...Bob
It is now available, currently on Ebay. Let me know if you have any questions.

Get notified of new replies

To 1992 ZR-1 w/21k miles

Old 04-30-2019, 08:49 PM
Awemazing
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That polo green...
Old 05-03-2019, 06:48 AM
zrc3john
Melting Slicks

Received 359 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by Atari_Prime
'Comparable to this one' is part of the equation. I have no idea, I haven't seen this car in person. However, none of the mods add value to the car, especially in the Corvette community. Corvette buyers generally want unmodified stock vehicles. And that goes for most other cars as well. If you are buying a Dodge Viper and have added a twin turbo system that cost you $10k, you haven't increased the value by $10k, you've lowered the value by about $2k because the value is in the originality of the car and the new owner will have to pay to remove the add-ons. The only way the twin-turbo system adds value is if it was done by, and documented as one from, Hennessey. In the Corvette world the same holds true for mods. Unless the mods were done by Callaway via factory or aftermarket it is hard to get a markup for those cars regardless of the increase to the inital cost of the car. There might be some luck with mods done by Mallet or DRM but it would be very little in the current market.

I'm sure the car above is great, and have no qualms with the price. I saw the price was outside the norm, so the logical question is how was the price arrived at. That's all.
Came across this thread late....Corvettes are performance cars...When you modify a corvette you are making it better...

All, not most people I know when they modify a corvette have it done the right way.....Just picture a guy taking his Z to maaco for a paint job...NOT !!!

A stock ZR-1 at 375-400 HP at nearly 3,600 pounds is crying to be modified..

In my opinion I would pay more money for a car that is modified than one that is not...

Different story if your buying a L-88 or a split window...All though resto mods are becoming popular and are bringing in real good money.....

Would I buy a twin turbo Viper ? Hell yeah, why not....These cars are made to perform....If its better than stock its worth more money...
Old 05-03-2019, 09:22 PM
Snakeskinner2
Racer

bump..... still available if anyone is interested

Quick Reply: FS: 1992 ZR-1 w/21k miles