Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

Rare Medium Purple Pearl 1998 C5 Convertible for Sale

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2005, 02:37 PM
96 Collector Edition
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZEEEE06
And I think you're being childish and I'm saying so.

Good grief
Old 02-25-2005, 03:10 PM
Freestyler
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by GTrain
Do you have ANY proof that more than one (or a market) of these purple cars sold for the 31K range this year? Any proof, beyond the "someone offered me" bs that KBB or any publication is wrong and that it is a "collector color" ? There is always a fool in the crowd that will pay too much, but again, saying your car is part of "market" is a hoot !

Here is an idea: Its a rare color BECAUSE NOBODY WANTED IT IN 1998 !

You Sir are offensive.

I wasnt trying to choose ANY FRICKIN SIDES - just to point out her price of 31k for that particular car is not UNHEARD Of...

I found 3 or 4 other examples of this car at similar prices i suppose ill have to dig them up to ram down your rude throat.

its not unheard of, for the simple fact that I had an offer not far from it
- if you would like a PROOF of the EMAIL OFFER to show its Not BS I Can dig it up also.......oh, never mind your not worth it

I wasnt making categorical statement to say 'they "were" worth more' ... if you learned to read instead of blowing your lid ...- you would find: I tried to say; in what i thought was a more diplomatic way than you can obviously muster: that the car is probably only worth that kind of money ...to someone that .... wait for it.... (ill spell it out for you) .... someone that W A N T S A P U R P L E one!!

its gonna be higher than KBB to someone particularly interested in that original and unrepeated colour -- to anyone else it will be an extremely tidy, meticulously mainted example of a corvette and only command a slight premium against KBB for its show room condition
IE: its only worth what someone is willing to pay for it

- what part of "TO ANYONE ELSE ..IT WILL ONLY COMMAND A SLIGHT PREMIUM...FOR ITS...CONDITION" didnt you understand???

FOR THE MAJORITY IT MAY BE "AROUND THE KBB"

FOR THE PERSON HELL BENT ON THAT COLOUR THEY WILL , JUST LIKE THE PERSON THAT SPOKE TO ME, OFFER AS MUCH AS THEY want TO OFFER !

you boldly try to state that I said
that KBB or any publication is wrong
go finish grade skool and learn to apply REASON to what you read ...
and prove yourself, where i made that claim.

- i was merely pointing out the price was not without peer and that such a price, rightly or wrongly, in your macdonald loving eyes -was subjective and dependant upon the person making the offer

and where you misunderstand me to be DECLARING Somehow that Officially
it is a "collector color" ?
you are again off

maybe i mispoke, maybe your right and i shouldnt have used the words collector colour(as if i was Proclaiming It) like on behalf of the entire corvette community - there you go, over-reacting again... .AS IF...

any feature with limited quantities are to those people interested such features ... are .... (wait for it) .... COLLECTABLE

your Lordship judges:
There is always a fool in the crowd that will pay too much, but again, saying your car is part of "market" is a hoot !
again - there must be at least 4 or 5 fools in the crowd then, because there have been sales in that price range, and I was only trying to suggest it wasnt an outlandish price to someone that was colour-driven-by-...Purple

Me? not that its any business of yours, but one of them wasnt me, I on the other hand, got the deal of a lifetime.

and guess what you have when more than one person that makes a offer for something, ........ <insert finance 101> : a a bloody market!!

maybe not the OVERALLLLLL MARKET -- or the GLORIOUS CLOWN MARKET or the worlds-official-corvette-market-as-long-as-its approved-by-you-market -- but 'a' market none the less

Here is an idea: Its a rare color BECAUSE NOBODY WANTED IT IN 1998 !
more inaccuracies as usual - I just got off the phone with GM at Bowling Green -turns out they think they sold that colour out -aheadof the other models in that model year- and [newsflash] :they think they have had well over 1,000 people who have called in to ask for it to be offered read my lips A G A I N!!! (that makes its it at least around 263% more popular, but if you cant see that, stick to making change behind the McD's till and driving that Impala SS of yours...<snicker>

FreeStyler

Last edited by Freestyler; 02-25-2005 at 03:22 PM.
Old 02-25-2005, 03:16 PM
madeouttaglass
Le Mans Master

Location: AKA Harvey Mushman-I know just enough to be dangerous "Those who sacrifice liberty for safety deserve neither"- B. Franklin
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Cruise-In V Veteran

I STILL can't find my way out of OT!
Old 02-25-2005, 03:21 PM
repo
Team Owner

Location: "when lightning strikes twice, the funerals insane, the funerals insane"
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
St Jude Donor '14-'15

Old 02-25-2005, 03:25 PM
madeouttaglass
Le Mans Master

Location: AKA Harvey Mushman-I know just enough to be dangerous "Those who sacrifice liberty for safety deserve neither"- B. Franklin
Cruise-In V Veteran

Did you see the views that this "for sale" ad has gotten?! And Grump hasn't found this yet. I think it's time to call IBTL.
Old 02-25-2005, 03:38 PM
GTrain
Team Owner

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by ZEEEE06
I have better comebacks but I'm not going to lower myself to your level. At least I own a Corvette. Why don't you go play with your buddies on the Impala forum.
You are making my stomach hurt with laughter Thats just one of my cars, I have sold and bought a number of cars, inlcuding vettes !

Is that all you really have ? Now really is that the best you can come up with ? Insults about money talking to a guy that could buy and sell you. Please, I can't handle the laughter !
Old 02-25-2005, 03:42 PM
Freestyler
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by GTrain
You are making my stomach hurt with laughter Thats just one of my cars, I have sold and bought a number of cars, inlcuding vettes !

Is that all you really have ? Now really is that the best you can come up with ? Insults about money talking to a guy that could buy and sell you. Please, I can't handle the laughter !

dont sweat it ZEEEE06 - if his moniker is anything to go by he used to have a Corvette but he 'Sold! it' -- he is just sad and bitter as a result

madeoutaglass i know its hilarious, 1860 views and rising - i guess the Purple Corvette really isnt as unwanted as Clownboy would like us to believe...

Last edited by Freestyler; 02-25-2005 at 03:45 PM.
Old 02-25-2005, 03:53 PM
GTrain
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by Freestyler
You Sir are offensive.
Ok fine...

I wasnt trying to choose ANY FRICKIN SIDES - just to point out her price of 31k for that particular car is not UNHEARD Of...
I have never heard of it. Like I said earlier, prove it....

I found 3 or 4 other examples of this car at similar prices i suppose ill have to dig them up to ram down your rude throat.

its not unheard of, for the simple fact that I had an offer not far from it
- if you would like a PROOF of the EMAIL OFFER to show its Not BS I Can dig it up also.......oh, never mind your not worth it
Let me get this straight, you dug up C5 Corvettes with high prices and that is your proof? You say people ask over market for C5's ? NO WAY ! Thats about as hard as finding a cactus in the Phoenix desert...

worth more' ... if you learned to read instead of blowing your lid ...- you would find: I tried to say; in what i thought was a more diplomatic way than you can obviously muster: that the car is probably only worth that kind of money ...to someone that .... wait for it.... (ill spell it out for you) .... someone that W A N T S A P U R P L E one!!
IE: its only worth what someone is willing to pay for it
Well there we can agree, there MAY very well be someone out there that would pay that money for the purple car. That isn't a market, that is winning the lottery...
what part of "TO ANYONE ELSE ..IT WILL ONLY COMMAND A SLIGHT PREMIUM...FOR ITS...CONDITION" didnt you understand???
FOR THE MAJORITY IT MAY BE "AROUND THE KBB"
FOR THE PERSON HELL BENT ON THAT COLOUR THEY WILL , JUST LIKE THE PERSON THAT SPOKE TO ME, OFFER AS MUCH AS THEY want TO OFFER !
Sure is a great deal of yelling that is nothing more than an an agreement that KBB might be accurate except for some purple-car-loving, no way to see the real value, never been to a bookstore, can't compare cars online, gotta have a purple car......buyer.

you boldly try to state that I said go finish grade skool and learn to apply REASON to what you read ...
and prove yourself, where i made that claim.
Uh my old grad school profs are going to really po'd when they see this

- i was merely pointing out the price was not without peer and that such a price, rightly or wrongly, in your macdonald loving eyes -was subjective and dependant upon the person making the offer
and where you misunderstand me to be DECLARING Somehow that Officially you are again off
maybe i mispoke, maybe your right and i shouldnt have used the words collector colour(as if i was Proclaiming It) like on behalf of the entire corvette community - there you go, over-reacting again... .AS IF...
any feature with limited quantities are to those people interested such features ... are .... (wait for it) .... COLLECTABLE
your Lordship judges:
again - there must be at least 4 or 5 fools in the crowd then, because there have been sales in that price range, and I was only trying to suggest it wasnt an outlandish price to someone that was colour-driven-by-...Purple
Me? not that its any business of yours, but one of them wasnt me, I on the other hand, got the deal of a lifetime.
and guess what you have when more than one person that makes a offer for something, ........ <insert finance 101> : a a bloody market!!
maybe not the OVERALLLLLL MARKET -- or the GLORIOUS CLOWN MARKET or the worlds-official-corvette-market-as-long-as-its approved-by-you-market -- but 'a' market none the less
Remember the Charlie Brown teacher with the "mhhhh whhaa muh whaa ahehhh" sounds ? Thats all this sounds like...blah blah blah I am backtracking on the rare purple vette !

more inaccuracies as usual - I just got off the phone with GM at Bowling Green -turns out they think they sold that colour out -aheadof the other models in that model year- and [newsflash] :they think they have had well over 1,000 people who have called in to ask for it to be offered read my lips A G A I N!!! (that makes its it at least around 263% more popular,
People love that purple.....except when it comes to writing that check huh....sorta like that guy that offered you 31K for yours....

but if you cant see that, stick to making change behind the McD's till and driving that Impala SS of yours...<snicker>
Now there you guys go, thinking that a picture of one of my cars indicates that I somehow can't afford a Corvette ( even though I have sold or bought them before ) and that you are some sort of purple car driving elite ! Now nobody can be as smart as purple car people now can they ?

Last edited by GTrain; 02-25-2005 at 03:58 PM.
Old 02-25-2005, 03:55 PM
GTrain
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '14

dont sweat it ZEEEE06 - if his moniker is anything to go by he used to have a Corvette but he 'Sold! it' -- he is just sad and bitter as a result
it gets better ! Who can keep up with the purple corvette people, they are so above me !

Suffice to say, I can easily buy a new corvette, an old Corvette, and really old corvette with cash and still wouldn't be stupid enough to tell the world the demand for purple vettes is on the rise !
Old 02-25-2005, 04:28 PM
repo
Team Owner

Location: "when lightning strikes twice, the funerals insane, the funerals insane"
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
St Jude Donor '14-'15

Damn you repo for starting this mess.

repo
Old 02-25-2005, 04:48 PM
madeouttaglass
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In V Veteran

Originally Posted by repo
Damn you repo for starting this mess.

repo
Typical O.T.er, lights a match and stands back to watch the fire. I bet 1/2 the views are from you checking back.
Old 02-25-2005, 04:55 PM
GTrain
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by madeouttaglass
Typical O.T.er, lights a match and stands back to watch the fire. I bet 1/2 the views are from you checking back.
OT jerks starting trouble....
Old 02-25-2005, 05:03 PM
Freestyler
Melting Slicks

Sure is a great deal of yelling that is nothing more than an an agreement that KBB might be accurate except for some purple-car-loving, no way to see the real value, never been to a bookstore, can't compare cars online, gotta have a purple car......buyer

you form a bad arguement through your misunderstanding of my original post and now your lambasting me further because you cant understand it? Thats just obtuse.

let me use smaller words.

most cars fetch around KBB pricing for good condition cars with little added value.

some people that cant locate a decent car in a certain specificatio...sorry, in a special style, type or yes, colour end up paying more if they really want it bad enough.

sorta like that guy that offered you 31k for yours...
you intimat-sorry, you suggest that the person in my experience didnt pay, when it came down to it...Err, actually i drew a line while laughing incredulousl-sorry , while laughing really hard with my wife that someone could offer what they did , but when it came down to it, my Wife likes the colour and so i left the offer uncountere-sorry, i didnt attempt to match it or agree on it

no one is trying to be elitist - except you. I just thought I would offer some friendly input, that 'hey someone in my neck of the woods was willing to offer X amount - ' when talking about this lady's price - and i never even once said the slightest thing about any of the drivel , sorry , rude comments you have been making all over the place ... and then you come down trying to smash me with your
PROVE this and your BS that .... your the narcissist here pal

you dont get to be arrogant and say
...Insults about money talking to a guy that could buy and sell you.
and turn around and moan that Other people are the ones being elite - you think you are so rich that you could buy this persons life? Who gives you the right to even put a price on his head? Who do you really think you are?

at the end its all just while you

heres your star sign's prediction for today
:LEO
You woke up mad today, .. Go to the Zoo and eat raw meat

FreeStyler
Old 02-25-2005, 05:09 PM
GTrain
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '14

you form a bad arguement through your misunderstanding of my original post and now your lambasting me further because you cant understand it? Thats just obtuse.
let me use smaller words.
most cars fetch around KBB pricing for good condition cars with little added value.
some people that cant locate a decent car in a certain specificatio...sorry, in a special style, type or yes, colour end up paying more if they really want it bad enough.
When you make a point, call me....

you intimat-sorry, you suggest that the person in my experience didnt pay, when it came down to it...Err, actually i drew a line while laughing incredulousl-sorry , while laughing really hard with my wife that someone could offer what they did , but when it came down to it, my Wife likes the colour and so i left the offer uncountere-sorry, i didnt attempt to match it or agree on it

no one is trying to be elitist - except you. I just thought I would offer some friendly input, that 'hey someone in my neck of the woods was willing to offer X amount - ' when talking about this lady's price - and i never even once said the slightest thing about any of the drivel , sorry , rude comments you have been making all over the place ... and then you come down trying to smash me with your
PROVE this and your BS that .... your the narcissist here pal
No new info here. Nothing about the car, just crying...

you dont get to be arrogant and say and turn around and moan that Other people are the ones being elite - you think you are so rich that you could buy this persons life? Who gives you the right to even put a price on his head? Who do you really think you are?

at the end its all just while you
heres your star sign's prediction for today
:LEO
You woke up mad today, .. Go to the Zoo and eat raw meat
FreeStyler
More insults Wish I could have such a rare piece...

Old 02-25-2005, 05:20 PM
Freestyler
Melting Slicks

hey

come back when you can string some thoughts together

actually , dont bother -

Old 02-25-2005, 05:57 PM
GTrain
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '14

hey

come back when you can string some thoughts together

actually , dont bother -

Wow....
Old 02-25-2005, 06:13 PM
Jesse
Administrator

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
Founder St. Jude Fundraiser

Wow, this one strayed from a 1998 C5 for sale. I have not read all the comments yet, since it needed to be locked immediately.

I feel confident in reminding members that personal attacks are not permitted, hijacking threads is a and if you're not interested in the car or its price, then you can move along with your input.

Now, with that said, I would encourage the creator of the thread to begin a new one, and to try and answer as many questions as possible about the vehicle. If she wants to answer some of the questions via PM or email, that's her prerogative, and should be respected.

If an interested member does not want to accommodate the sellers request, then the vehicle will remain for sale for a longer period of time.

I wish the buyer the best of luck on the sale, and hopefully someone is happy with the transaction if they finalize a deal...

Quick Reply: Rare Medium Purple Pearl 1998 C5 Convertible for Sale