Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

FS: 1997 Nassau Blue MN6

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 02:02 PM
Stealthy4
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Default FS: 1997 Nassau Blue MN6

Up for sale is my 1997 Chevy Corvette. Here are the details about the car:
VIN: 1G1YY22G0V5100328
Mileage: 75000
Exterior Color: 23U - Nassau Blue
Interior Color: 923 – Light Gray/Pewter

The Car has the following standard RPO options:
AAB – Memory Package
AG2 – Power Passenger Seat
AQ9 – Sport Seats
B34 – Floor Mats (replaced with Lloyds floor mats and rear cargo mat)
CF7 – Base Roof (Nassau Blue)
CJ2 – Dual Zone Air Conditioning
FE1 – Base Suspension
F45 – Selective Real Time Damping, Electronic
GU6 – 3.42 Axle Ratio
MN6 – 6 Speed manual transmission
T96 – Fog Lamps
UN0 – Bose Indash CD
U1S – Remote CD Changer
1997 Corvette Training VHS
1997 Corvette owner manual packet
2 Working key fobs and keys with passive entry
1997 Corvette Service Manuals

This car has the following special RPO code:
WD0 - The processing option code for a new C5 built for the next model year for testing and evaluation purposes. A WDO C5 would be built during the current model year run of C4’s or C5’s, but is a future model year vehicle. This option code is known at the factory as a "CONTAINMENT VEHICLE" code. This is the "identification” of the start of a new platform.
Basically this translates into the following: this car is number 328 of all C5’s and it actually rolled off the line in late 1996. The car was never delivered to a dealership. Instead it was brought directly to GM Tech center located in Warren Michigan. The car was used for evaluation of build quality. At this time, GM installed a set of RPO B84 body side moldings which are still on the vehicle to this day.

The following things have been purchased and installed by me:
Chrome Z06 Replica wheels in standard Corvette sizes (17x8.5 F and 18x9.5 R)
The original wheels are still available
Michelin Pilot Sport A/S (All Season) ZP (Zero Pressure) tires in standard Corvette Sizes (245/45/17 F and 275/40/18 R)– The fronts have about 40% left. Rears have about 90%.
Stainless Braided Brake Lines – LAPD (Goodrich)
Hawk HPS front and rear brake pads with NAPA rotors (Canada)
Powder Coated Calipers (Nassau Blue) with polished stainless pad covers
Lloyd Floor Mats and rear cargo mat – Pewter with Corvette logo and text
Corvette Dust Cover/Car Cover
CAGS 1-4 Skip shift eliminator
2004 Z06 Air filter cover
OEM Heads up display with proper cluster and dash bezel
The engine, differential, and trans all have amsoil full synthetics since 38000 miles (oil changed on DIC recommendation)
The engine, differential, and trans all have magnetic drain plugs
The brake and clutch fluid was all replaced with synthetic DOT3/4
2 layers of Elemental Design eDead V4 sound suppressor foam – reduces road noise from rear compartment

The following have been replaced with OEM parts:
Both windshield wiper arms due to black finish peeling off
Rear roof bow molding between roof and bow – original was torn in two places
Hazard switch – old design cause irregular blinkers
GMPP Red spark plug wires and ACDelco Iridium spark plugs (<2000 miles)
HVAC control module – original failed and cause interior blower motor to run even without a key in the ignition
CHMSL 3rd Brake light – replaced because 1 of the LEDS burned out
Steering position sensor – replaced but wasn’t the problem. Cleaned the EBTCM wire harness connector which fixed the problem
Both door plugs behind the door handles
Both leather seat covers – the originals had significant wear on the outer bolster.
Highbeam/Cruise Control stalk was replaced because the high beams were stuck in the on position
Shift **** – replaced due to wear on the original leather
Center console armrest – replaced because original had a small crack in the vinyl

History of the vehicle:
As mentioned before, the car was originally “owned by GM”. In early 1997, this car was sold as a “pep” car to a GM employee and the car had around 3000 miles. The car was sold 1 more time to a fellow GM employee and then finally to me. When I finally obtained the car in Sept, 2005 it had a total of 38000 miles. The car now has 75000 miles. It was driven from March to October in 2006, 2007 and 2008 and subsequently garaged during the winters (stabil was added to the fuel). This means I averaged around 11000 miles per year on the vehicle during my time of ownership. Part of these 11000 miles are 4 round trips from Michigan to South Carolina (averaging 2000 miles per trip). During the fall of 2007, the car was involved in a front end collision with a television. Yes a television. Someone lost their TV out of the back of their truck and it landed on the freeway. It was slightly dark so the TV couldn’t be seen until it was too late. It cracked the front fascia and “removed” the fog light and air dam on the left side of the vehicle. The car was professionally repair by Autometric in Warren, Michigan, the same people that do all of GMs body work. At the same time, the rocker panels were repainted due to road debris wear. This car has typical wear from being driven 75000 miles but I tried to stay on top of everything and keep atleast 2 coats of wax on the car. The spark plugs and wires were just replaced GM performance parts. The oil was always changed with either Amsoil or Mobil 1 full synthetic as per the DIC recommendation. I pretty much treated this car like my baby. If it ever needed anything, I either replaced it with OEM parts, or upgraded with an aftermarket part. Most of the replacement items were done when I initially purchased the car. Since then, the car has performed flawlessly. I have no doubt this car can drive across America without trouble. Like I mentioned, I drive it from MI to SC at least once per year.
When I purchased the car in 2005, it had a brand new set of Michelin pilot sport A/s ZP tires installed. I drove on these tires through the end of 2007 and had the rears replaced in spring of 2008. The front tires still have plenty of usable thread life and so I did not replace them.
Overall I’d say this car is very reliable with the exception of two OBDII codes that pop up every so often. Unfortunately, I haven’t had the time to fix these two problems.
1) I get a code that the AIR bank 2 valve is stuck in a closed position. This is a common problem on these cars. The car actually has 2 of these valves; one on the drivers side which is out in the open, but this one never gets stuck. The passenger side one is tucked under the cowl behind the intake manifold. I suspect the extra heat from this enclosed environment helps it stick. Regardless, the typical fix for this is to shoot the valve with carb cleaner followed with WD40. This helps remove an sticky buildup and the oils the valve. Ive done this 3 times to the valve and it seems to stay away. Since this valve is strictly for emission purposes, I have a hard time justifying 800 dollars to have the intake removed only to have a 10 dollar valve replaced (especially since I know the design never changed so the new valve will just do the same thing). See here:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-t...eck-valve.html

2) If I hit a bump just right on the right front wheel, the car will set the traction control and ABS code for the front right wheel speed sensor. Basically this sensor checks the RPMs of the wheel against the other 3 wheels and determines if any of the wheels are slipping. If I hit the bump just right, the wired connection loses contact and sets a code saying it lost the signal from the front wheel. This has been diagnosed many times by many different C5 corvette enthusiasts to be a faulty wiring harness male/female connection. See here:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-t...tml?forum_id=1

3) Both of these codes set lights on the dash which to me is kind of annoying. I simply clear them out through the DIC and the code and lights are cleared. Both of these problems are well documents and known issues with C5 corvettes in general. See here how to clear the codes:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-t...ull-codes.html

I have the clear title in hand. The asking price is $20000. No low-ballers and serious inquires ONLY please. I do not want to trade either as I need the cash. I will entertain all reasonable offers...

Pictures:

Last edited by Stealthy4; 11-24-2008 at 06:23 PM.
Old 11-23-2008, 04:03 PM
counselor
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got #393 of the WDO cars and mine is also Nassau Blue. Currently showing 22,800 miles, black leather & 6 speed. I always wondered how many Nassau cars were WDO's considering only 292 were made that year. Nice car and good luck in selling it.
Old 11-24-2008, 06:23 PM
Stealthy4
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '06

Thanks...
Old 11-24-2008, 06:24 PM
Stealthy4
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '06

Ttt
Old 11-28-2008, 10:31 PM
Blue89Bird
Intermediate

do you have any other pictures?
Old 11-29-2008, 01:05 AM
Steven's Toys
Racer

Beautiful color combination!!
Good luck with your sale!!
Old 11-29-2008, 07:09 AM
65convt
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Steven's Toys
Beautiful color combination!!
Good luck with your sale!!
GOOD LUCK with your sale
Old 11-29-2008, 09:42 AM
Stealthy4
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by Blue89Bird
do you have any other pictures?
I will have to take some more of the doors, dash, hatch area, engine bay, etc. I just ordered a new digital camera and its supposed to come today. Soon as i et it, i will post up other pics.

Get notified of new replies

To FS: 1997 Nassau Blue MN6

Quick Reply: FS: 1997 Nassau Blue MN6