Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

Money in Hand and Ready to Buy! (Indiana Area)

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 01:57 PM
MrSharky
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Money in Hand and Ready to Buy! (Indiana Area)

Any well cared for C5's in the Indiana area? Must be below 40K miles and I prefer Blue, Silver, White or Red in that order.

I prefer to buy from owners that have owned and sold Corvettes in the past (no first time owners), no owners whom there C5 is there only vehicle, no owners without a garage or storage and last but not least, no owners under 30 years of age.

Yes, I know I'm picky but I've done this before (many times) and my preferences are based on experience.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:05 PM
MrSharky
Pro

Default Bump

Lgttt
Old 01-27-2010, 04:29 PM
J. Nguyen
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unfortunately not in your area and to be honest this is my first vette I've owned, but I know quite a few enthusiasts that I usually hang out with that knows vettes well. Slightly over 40k miles (44k). Other than that, I meet the rest of your requirements..

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-c...icksilver.html
Old 01-27-2010, 10:25 PM
CamaroAJ
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-c...z06-tr-mr.html
Old 01-28-2010, 01:35 AM
andez98
4th Gear

Default Looking for C5

We are selling a pewter 1999 convertible with only 22,775 miles on it. Beautiful car. Our 2nd Corvette...and we are definitely over 30- twice that. Non-smokers. We are west of Chicago, about 50 miles. Asking $29,500. Automatic trans. Very unique car. Garage kept-never driven in the winter. See our ad in this forum.
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by andez98; 01-28-2010 at 01:36 AM. Reason: missed a line
Old 01-28-2010, 07:22 PM
MrSharky
Pro

Default Day 2

Bump 2 the Top
Old 01-28-2010, 07:50 PM
MrSharky
Pro

Default Done in the dark comes to lite.

I will answer your PM publicly because this subject may broach its head again. I prefer the C5 over the C4 simply because of ergonomics. I have previously owned numerous C4s and at my age I do not want to climb in and out of a frame rail C4, I’m looking to drive my Corvette, at this point in my life, not park and look.

Why start at 40k, it’s simple, people whom bought C5s drove them because they are so comfortable and fun to drive, unlike the C4s. I prefer lower miles but I know what happens when you store vehicles and not drive them.

No disrespect, I love to look at C4s but I want to drive my Corvette not look at it and save it for someone else to periodically drive and enjoy.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:10 PM
1 BAD BURB
Le Mans Master

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

are you looking for heavily modded car? i have a heavy modded vert for sale. let us know.
Aj
Old 01-29-2010, 09:08 PM
MrSharky
Pro

Originally Posted by 1 BAD BURB
are you looking for heavily modded car? i have a heavy modded vert for sale. let us know.
Aj
For all that are concerned; no, I am not looking for a highly modified C5 , I would rather drive than repair and maintain.
Old 01-30-2010, 09:07 AM
Kingman99
Melting Slicks

Received 46 Likes on 17 Posts

Old 01-30-2010, 12:36 PM
WickedQuik
Drifting

Here you go. All done and ready for you to drive and take to show...and bring home the trophies.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-c...nvertible.html
Old 01-30-2010, 04:27 PM
law dog
Instructor

I have a Silver C5 with 44K for sale on this forum. Check out description & photos. Car is in So Cal. Can recommend a shipping company I`ve used many times.
Old 01-30-2010, 04:27 PM
oplumber
Heel & Toe

2003 z06 15,000 miles located in Phila. Pa
Old 01-30-2010, 06:40 PM
70survivor
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 98 Coupe Nassau Blue For Sale

I have a 98 Coupe in Nassau Blue that has 46K miles, auto, grey interior, no mods, new tires (not runflats) 2 tops (1 glass & 1 blue), ride control and traction control.
Babied, always inside, never driven in winter. we also own a 98 Nassau Blue Vert and my wife prefers the vert so decided to sell the coupe and free up a space in the garage. drives as good as new, located in central Ill. $19K

Thanks and if you want more info just let me know, Terry
Old 01-31-2010, 09:39 AM
Fish-man
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MrSharky
Any well cared for C5's in the Indiana area? Must be below 40K miles and I prefer Blue, Silver, White or Red in that order.

I prefer to buy from owners that have owned and sold Corvettes in the past (no first time owners), no owners whom there C5 is there only vehicle, no owners without a garage or storage and last but not least, no owners under 30 years of age.

Yes, I know I'm picky but I've done this before (many times) and my preferences are based on experience.
Just wondering if you could indulge us and explain your criteria a little... for instance I've owned my 2002 Z06 since new. Its been my only vette. When I bought it, I was 28 (in 2001). It has got 10k miles, and has lived in my garage, and only comes out on nice days... (not a DD by any means)

Now, I think I meet about 1/2 of your criteria, and not really interested in selling, but again just curious...

Last edited by Fish-man; 01-31-2010 at 09:43 AM.
Old 01-31-2010, 11:37 AM
Roger Z06
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a perfect 02 Electron Blue Z06 with 42k miles but I am 21 so ... OH WELL
Old 02-06-2010, 10:10 AM
MrSharky
Pro

Originally Posted by Fish-man
Just wondering if you could indulge us and explain your criteria a little... for instance I've owned my 2002 Z06 since new. Its been my only vette. When I bought it, I was 28 (in 2001). It has got 10k miles, and has lived in my garage, and only comes out on nice days... (not a DD by any means)

Now, I think I meet about 1/2 of your criteria, and not really interested in selling, but again just curious...
I learned a long time ago that all questions are not dumb questions but an honest answer is not always the best choice. For instance, wives asking if the jeans make her butt look big. In some instances the answer is no; your butt makes the jeans look big but saying that would only open up a can of stink bait.

So without going into detail, it's just a preference.

Get notified of new replies

To Money in Hand and Ready to Buy! (Indiana Area)

Old 02-06-2010, 10:25 AM
MrSharky
Pro

Originally Posted by DebRedC504
Gee I am over 30, Close to Indiana, with a Red 04 Like New Coupe at 22K miles and own a Garage but <gasp> I have been caught in the rain and the car did not melt. Do I drive my car any differently than an under 30 yr oldI have bought and sold many cars but does that really make a difference in the CAR I am selling?

PS If You DON"t want RED or White per a previous posts below why are you wasting peoples time listing them as options?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
I just sold my NB C4, and I love that color and if you are anything like me, you don't want; red (or any offshoot of red), black, white or yellow. This C5 is on CF and is nice, check it out. Forgot to mention that the miles are high but CS and PS are the next best color for us NB fans or is it just me. lol
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Found this 98 with 24,000 miles, they are asking $18,900 but I do not want Red,

“I just sold my NB C4, and I love that color and if you are anything like me, you don't want; red (or any offshoot of red), black, white or yellow. This C5 is on CF and is nice, check it out. Forgot to mention that the miles are high but CS and PS are the next best color for us NB fans or is it just me. Lol”

“Found this 98 with 24,000 miles, they are asking $18,900 but I do not want Red, would rather have Blue or Silver. Maybe someone here on CF is interested. Not my car, never even heard of this dealer before finding this ad. the link is below with their contact information.”

You are correct, I listed White and Red as my least desired colors. However, I have seen White and Red C5's that I would concider.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:37 AM
MrSharky
Pro

This post was not created as a topic of discussion or to explain how and why I want to spend my hard earned money. You don’t ask an employer why he chose Lance instead of Leroy, you don’t ask a woman why she chose the Slim guy over the Fat one nor do you ask me why I want to spend MY money the way I do, because only a fool would ask such a question and only a fool would try to explain it to you.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:17 PM
MrSharky
Pro

Originally Posted by 70survivor
I have a 98 Coupe in Nassau Blue that has 46K miles, auto, grey interior, no mods, new tires (not runflats) 2 tops (1 glass & 1 blue), ride control and traction control.
Babied, always inside, never driven in winter. we also own a 98 Nassau Blue Vert and my wife prefers the vert so decided to sell the coupe and free up a space in the garage. drives as good as new, located in central Ill. $19K

Thanks and if you want more info just let me know, Terry
Thank you for responding. I have found numerous post by you regarding parts for a '98, C5. After page 3 of your posting history I grew tired of looking for a '98, C5 for sale post. Is there one on CF for your 1998 Corvette?

Quick Reply: Money in Hand and Ready to Buy! (Indiana Area)