Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

F/S 2004 Z06, Torch Red, 64k miles, excellent condition $22,500 (Okla)

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2015, 05:07 PM
6SpeedTA95
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Default F/S 2004 Z06, Torch Red, 64k miles, excellent condition $22,500 (Okla)

Hello all, it is with some sadness and some excitement that I have decided to list my Z06 for sale. I bought this car about 2 years ago and I am the third owner. The first owner lived in California, it was then sold to a man in Grove Oklahoma, a retirement/lake/golf community about 75 minutes from me (I'm in Tulsa).

Phone: Nine One Eight - Nine One Four - Two Eight Eight Six
Email: iroczss@gmail.com

64k miles and asking 22,500

Why am I selling? I've only put about 1,500 miles on this car in 2 years time, if that. I don't drive it in the rain or when the temperature is below 45* so that unfortunately eliminates a lot of the year. Additionally at my prior job I couldn't hardly get in and out of the parking garage so it was only driven to work twice. My wife refuses to drive it, it's big, and has a lot of power, the short throw shifter is direct but requires effort and so I'm the only one who drives it and I only drive it once or twice a month. I want something my wife and I can enjoy together and that I can track. I originally planned to track this car and simply never got around to it. I'm going to take a significant downgrade in power but hopefully have something my wife and I can enjoy together.

The car:

I purchased the car as a dealer certified car from Jeff Lungren Chevrolet in Grove OK.

Carfax/Autocheck is clean (see link to autotrader in post 2), the car has not been wrecked. The dealer changed the oil when I bought it, and they put in Mobil1. I have since put in Royal Purple (earlier this year). Additionally, I had the belt, coolant, brake fluid and pads all checked/changed (pads weren't changed, fluids were) shortly after my purchase. The belt had lost one of its ribs and I wanted the belt replaced. I have done the ranger method on the clutch fluid several times. The car drives well, is in good condition and runs strong.

I am aware of one broken item, that is the lock on the center armrest/console. The only "problem" I have had with the vehicle is a right front amber light failed. I swapped it out, it's fine now. The vehicle has a couple of minor scratches, the most significant of which I have taken a picture of. There are a couple of very small rock chips on the mirrors, no pictures but would be happy to take picture if necessary.

I thought at one point there was another minor scratch on the passenger side door about an inch long, but failed to find it today, I will look again in the future.

I can take more pictures if anyone is interested.

Mods:
Borla Stingers
Short Throw (not sure what brand it was on the car when I bought it)
Lowered an inch (that way when I bought it)
I've taken a picture of under the hood, not sure if it's the stock/factory airbox or not. It is definitely an upgraded filter, it's not paper.

Exact mileage as of today 63,752, asking 22,500, no trades.

The car has not been driven in the rain while I've owned it.

Here are some pics, my 3 year old "helped" me clean the passenger side dash and on the wheels, sorry for the streaky nature on the passenger side airbag. I did not vacuum the car today due to lots of rain overnight. It really needs a power wash but due to all the rain it's not leaving the house for another couple days.

There's a couple of minor rock chips on the hood but they're almost impossible to see via camera

My buddy came over to help fix the scratch. You can't really see it via pictures anymore, it is barely noticeable in a walk around. Here's a pic of the area.

Here's each of the wheels

Interior shots, depending on lighting if anyone would like additional pics, no problem just let me know.

Drivers side seat, as you can see very minimal wear

This is older, I just posted it so you could see the dash is only streaky because we just cleaned it with McGuires cleaner and conditioner.

Getting a good in focus picture of the HUD proved a bit tedious but as you can see it works well

Last edited by 6SpeedTA95; 09-07-2015 at 04:14 PM.
Old 08-25-2015, 08:17 PM
6SpeedTA95
Racer

Here is the autotrader ad, autocheck available there for those interested...

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...08798551&Log=0
Old 08-27-2015, 01:01 PM
MVR 155
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Cruise-In XI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

That scratch/scuff looks like it would buff out...... I would find a detail shop in your area that does paint correction and get it taken care of. In my honest opinion it would help sell the car easier.

GLWS
Old 08-27-2015, 01:02 PM
6SpeedTA95
Racer

Originally Posted by MVR 155
That scratch/scuff looks like it would buff out...... I would find a detail shop in your area that does paint correction and get it taken care of. In my honest opinion it would help sell the car easier.

GLWS
I agree, it's pretty minor. In fact I had to play with the picture in lightroom just to try and make it show up better. A friend of mine runs a detail business he said he could take care of it pretty easily.

In the meantime after looking at the market, I think I'm over priced at 23,500 so I'm dropping the price to 22,500 to accurately reflect where the market seems to be.

Here is another picture of the front, as you can see it doesn't show up:

Last edited by 6SpeedTA95; 08-27-2015 at 01:11 PM.
Old 09-07-2015, 02:49 PM
6SpeedTA95
Racer

Bump, updated the pictures, friend of mine came over today to help take care of the minor bumper scratch. The lower portion is almost completely gone, it's not really visible with e naked eye, the upper portion is visible with the naked eye if you know it's there and are looking for it. No longer viewable via camera.

Old 09-09-2015, 08:02 AM
WRTHW8
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Nice car! If I could sell my GS I would be all over this!
Old 09-09-2015, 10:02 AM
6SpeedTA95
Racer

Originally Posted by WRTHW8
Nice car! If I could sell my GS I would be all over this!
Thank you sir, not in a huge hurry here, but did find a potential replacement...let me know if you have some movement on your front
Old 09-10-2015, 07:26 AM
WRTHW8
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by 6SpeedTA95
Thank you sir, not in a huge hurry here, but did find a potential replacement...let me know if you have some movement on your front
Will do!

Get notified of new replies

To F/S 2004 Z06, Torch Red, 64k miles, excellent condition $22,500 (Okla)

Quick Reply: F/S 2004 Z06, Torch Red, 64k miles, excellent condition $22,500 (Okla)