Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

FS: 2001 6 spd Pewter Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2017, 07:17 PM
wamara
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default 2001 6 spd Pewter Coupe

I'm already feeling the seller's remorse, but I have to let one of my cars go. Please click on the link for details and/or contact me for info.

http://www.corvette-mag.com/classifieds/10718

I also realized that I forgot to mention the car has the 1-4 skip shift eliminator, as well as the column lock bypass module.

If I don't sell this outright, I will be trading it in to my original selling dealer back in IL, if that might help out anyone logistics-wise...

Last edited by wamara; 03-07-2017 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Forgot two items
Old 03-07-2017, 02:35 PM
WickedSpeed
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

From the link: Posted at 18k, body states 17,250 plus cost of tires

Non-smoking original owner, I ordered this 1SA Pewter Metallic car with a Torch Red interior. Options: 6 spd, Z51, transparent top, high polished forged wheels(not shown in pics), Bose/CD player, floor mats. Always garaged, this car has led an easy life. Everything works, no accidents, no paint. Stock except for an upgrade to Z06 sway bar aluminum end links. The car will come with original manual, window sticker, build sheet, carpeted rear cargo mat, OEM cargo net and protector, black Lloyds floor mats as well as original (never used) mats, Wheelskin (installed to thicken the wheel rim), hardwired for Valentine 1 radar detector, original shift ****, aftermarket color-matched shifter boot as well as OEM boot, and a vinyl protective cover for the targa roof panel. The black sill protectors seen in the pictures are removable. **The wheels and tires in the pics are NOT included in the sale. The OEM wheels (which were removed shortly after delivery and are in excellent conditon) and which will come with the car currently do NOT have tires on them. With my asking price, the car will come with brand new Hankook Ventus V12 tires installed along with factory TPMS. I struggled with this approach, and decided that a future owner should be able to choose what tire he wants (summer, all-season, runflat, etc.) depending on his needs and circumstances. If you want to choose your own tires, my asking price is $17, 250 plus the cost of the tires you choose (which I will then have installed on the OEM wheels). If you are confused, you can call me to clarify.
NOTE: Mileage will slowly increase as I am still driving the car.
Old 03-07-2017, 02:45 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

Seen this car when he has brought it over and its gorgeous very clean you will not be disappointed. Wayne is a stand up guy. GLWS buddy
The following users liked this post:
wamara (03-07-2017)
Old 03-07-2017, 06:23 PM
wamara
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by WickedSpeed
From the link: Posted at 18k, body states 17,250 plus cost of tires
Hi Wicked,
It's not clear to me if you are confused by my listing or not, but I'll try to explain this better if it may be of help to you or others. I'm keeping the Z06 rims that are on my coupe (the wheels shown in the pics). I have the OEM polished five spokes that came with the car originally, and these are the wheels that will be going with the car. These wheels have no tires (and if they did, they'd be old as the hills). Once upon a time, I floated the question as to whether I should go ahead and just pick a set of tires and install them, or let a prospective buyer choose what he would prefer. Replies were mixed. As you may know, if you were to ask here on the forum what tires one should get, the responses will run the gamut - summer, runflat, etc. So I'm offering the car two ways: one, with a nice set of tires if one does not want to be bothered making a decision, asking price $18k, or two, you choosing and getting exactly the type of tire one prefers, with an asking price of $17,250 plus (the cost of) tires. I hope this clears up any confusion I may have created.

Last edited by wamara; 03-07-2017 at 06:37 PM.
Old 03-08-2017, 11:56 AM
arthursc2
Pro

Received 80 Likes on 51 Posts

Damn.

We are in the same city. You have the right interior, but I dunno about that pewter ext. Are you willing to show the car to a local party? No test drives, just wanna look at her and drool and decide in person how I like the pewter.
Old 03-08-2017, 12:03 PM
arthursc2
Pro

Received 80 Likes on 51 Posts

What option package does the car have?
Old 03-08-2017, 05:31 PM
wamara
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by arthursc2
What option package does the car have?
Hi Arthur,
Give me a call if you want to take a look. Come when the sun is shining and see how the Pewter glows in the bright light! I personally think this is a classic color combination (well, at least in Europe it is). It has the 1SA (base package); I never missed any of the bells and whistles that came with the others (and have never had to contend with bad solder joints on the HVAC control panel, leaking lumbar bladders, etc.)

Last edited by wamara; 03-08-2017 at 05:36 PM.
Old 03-14-2017, 01:49 AM
wamara
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran

ttt
Old 03-23-2017, 04:10 PM
wamara
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran

ttt