Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

FS: 99 C5 Coupe M6 Blk/Blk

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2017, 05:46 PM
64drvr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,867 Likes on 886 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Default 99 C5 Coupe M6 Blk/Blk

sold

Last edited by 64drvr; 09-23-2017 at 08:44 PM.
Old 09-17-2017, 11:06 PM
C0rvetteFan
Pro

Received 94 Likes on 90 Posts

Default Nice Deal

Originally Posted by lrobe22
I have for sale a 1999 C5 coupe. The car is a 6 speed manual, heads-up display, dual power seats, black interior, painted targa top, with a CD player. Mileage: 112,000. I have owned the car for approximately 8 years. Clean title in hand. No accidents or body work. Located in Lafayette, LA. $6000.

The good:
Modifications: 231/234 camshaft, dual valve springs, Borla touring catback exhaust, LS7 clutch, 4.10 gears, Ron Davis radiator, C6 Z06 style wheels, 5.3 cylinder heads. B&M Ripper shifter. The engine was replaced about 10 years ago by DRM. LS2 oil pan with external oil cooler from DRM.

The bad: I demodded the car some, so I would highly encourage you to add similar mods back or retune the PCM. The PCM was tuned when the car had Patriot stage 3 5.3 heads, LS6 intake, and midlength headers. The paint is generally in fair to good condition, interior has wear and tear to match the mileage. Have 2 keys but no key fobs. The bumper has a crack that would otherwise be hidden by C5 Z06 mesh brake inlet covers. The intake ducting, exhaust manifolds and mid section are from our 2002 C5. The windshield wipers can be quirky on where they park when you turn them off. A fluke engine coolant level message will periodically display regardless of actual level. The wheels do not have TPMS. I removed the front brake inlet ducts during initial demodding. The air filter top cover was drilled for additional airflow.

The other good notes:
I have new front and rear brake calipers and pads. It's been several years since I modded the car but I believe I also installed a column lock bypass module. VATS has been disabled. This car will not leave you stranded from column lock or a dead key chip.

To be very clear on expectations, I think this car is good for someone looking for a good base to build a HPDE/NASA/Auto X car or is willing to add mods or retune the PCM. I've priced it very low to provide plenty of cushion for additional mods or tuning.

This car is not turn-key for car shows (paint scratches) or mexico racing. Some of the scratches will be able to be corrected, but not all.

*Please note it was drizzling while I took some of the pictures.

Seems like a deal. GLWS.

Quick Reply: FS: 99 C5 Coupe M6 Blk/Blk