Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

FS: 2001 Corvette 71K 6-Spd - $12,500 - MD

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2019, 06:42 PM
etherpool
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Corvette 71K 6-Spd - $12,500 - MD

2001 Chevrolet Corvette: 6-Spd manual, 71K mikes. I have owned the car since 2016 and put just under 8K on it. I need a car I can use as more of a daily so I have to let this go. Dark Bowling Green Metallic with tan and blk interior. Car is in great shape. Adult owned. Car has been maintained and well cared for. Good street mods. Not drag raced. Car was setup for autocross and handles great. Very predictable and solid yet easy to drive on the street.

Pros:
  • Car had a grind in second gear so the transmission was replaced by Tony’s Corvette Shop in 2018. Transmission is a RPM Level IV T56 upgrade with steel shifter forks. Also had new clutch, TO bearing, pressure plate, rear end seals, and other work done while the trans was out. Over $6K spent. Maybe 1500 miles since work was done. I have receipts.
  • MGW flat stick short throw shifter.
  • RC Engineering Injectors & CAI
  • Upgraded exhaust. Unknown brand but it’s good quality and sounds great. It was on the car when I bought it and it's held up.
  • 3 year old Bilstein Sport Shocks
  • 3 year old C6 Z51 front and rear sway bars and end links.

Cons – Typical C5 Corvette issues:
  • The driver’s seat bolster is showing some wear (see pics). I’m a bigger guy so I slide across it getting into the car. I had this fixed when I got the car in 2016 at just over $300. Unfortunately it will need to be done again.
  • ABS/TSC lights intermittently come on. This is due to a ABS pump motor that is faulty. Code C1243. It was serviced once by Tony’s Corvette, but I was warned it may happen again. Cost to replace with a good tested used unit is about $600.
  • The heads-up display works but isn’t displayed on the windshield. Needs typical gear repair.
  • The climate control module has a dim readout. (see pic)
  • The sun has gotten the better of the finish on the Plexiglas top. I had intended to wrap it but never got around to it. Top works fine. No leaks!
  • Car has been driven so it does have a few superficial scratches but nothing that can’t be buffed out. I included a pic of the worse scratches (drivers rear quarter)

NOTE: Car will come with two sets of wheels, stock setup and a set of satin black ZR1 wheels. The MRR Design FS01 wheel & tire combo shown currently on the car are not included in this sale and are for sale separately for $800.

In light of the few things that need to be addressed I’m asking $12,500 obo. I’m located in Maryland near Baltimore. Car has a clean title with no lien. I would be happy to answer any additional questions.

Quick Reply: FS: 2001 Corvette 71K 6-Spd - $12,500 - MD