Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

WTB: 2001+, manual, convertible, approx 50k miles

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2020, 02:41 AM
TonicR6
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 2001+, manual, convertible, approx 50k miles

Hey guys,

I am seriously considering purchasing a 2002 6-speed convertible Corvette with 37,000 miles from Florida for $14,000. Just throwing a shot in the dark to see if any members here have a similar vehicle for a similar or better price.

Thanks!
Old 01-02-2020, 04:41 PM
Hepcat
Racer

Received 322 Likes on 177 Posts

That doesn’t sound like a bad price. Depending upon what you’re actually buying. What do you know about the vehicle? Condition, owners, maintenance, history, codes, storage, tires, mods, etc? Have you driven it and checked it against similar ones for sale elsewhere? You’re in the right place. Members with considerable insight will guide you.
Old 01-02-2020, 07:26 PM
TonicR6
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Hepcat
That doesn’t sound like a bad price. Depending upon what you’re actually buying. What do you know about the vehicle? Condition, owners, maintenance, history, codes, storage, tires, mods, etc? Have you driven it and checked it against similar ones for sale elsewhere? You’re in the right place. Members with considerable insight will guide you.
Thanks for the advice. I am going to get a professional pre-purchase inspection before money is exchanged for any car I buy.
Old 01-02-2020, 09:31 PM
Hepcat
Racer

Received 322 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by TonicR6
Thanks for the advice. I am going to get a professional pre-purchase inspection before money is exchanged for any car I buy.
I paid about $100 for an independent inspection for an out-of-state C6 that checked out quite well. It was worth every penny and the report was pretty thorough. Ultimately I ended up with my C5 and couldn’t be happier. That noted, I wasn’t experienced enough with buying a vette to know the ease of checking all the Driver Information Center codes myself. You can do it or ensure your shop does. Here’s the excellent how-to DIC deets from a past forum thread: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...dic-codes.html

Here’s same info and all the codes in a separate post: http://www.stengel.net/diccodes.htm

Good luck!

Get notified of new replies

To 2001+, manual, convertible, approx 50k miles

Quick Reply: WTB: 2001+, manual, convertible, approx 50k miles