Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

FS: 2000 C5 Convertible - Fort Worth, TX - $10,000

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2024, 01:28 PM
Jim Taylor
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2000 C5 Convertible - Fort Worth, TX - $10,000

**UPDATE**
Doesn't anyone want to take on a restoration project? Make an offer if you think I'm asking too much.

The Corvette has 132,554 miles, and I’m the original owner. I started restoring the car to its original glory, but I’ve downsized my house/shop so someone else needs to finish the project. The Corvette started out as a stock A4, but I’ve made several modifications over the years. Here are the highlights:
  • Cold air intake and LS6 intake manifold
  • Mild camshaft (224/228 .581”/.588”, 114+1 LSA)
  • Ported LS6 heads (243 castings)
  • Dynatech headers, Magnaflow x-pipe, Corsa exhaust
  • Drive line swap from A4 to Z06 M12 (clutch, torque tube, trans, diff)
  • Hotchkis swaybars and C6 shocks
  • LED headlights
  • Brass headlight gears, column lock bypass, Window Commander
  • 2001-2004 TPMS and door lock upgrade
  • JVC head unit and backup camera
In 2020 (5000 miles ago?) I replaced the clutch and had the torque tube, transmission and differential rebuilt. The car runs well, but the EBCM has failed – no ABS or traction control unless you repair or replace the module. There is also a slow oil leak that started after I replaced the front oil seal. The leak is not from the seal. I believe it is where the oil pan, engine block and timing cover come together. I guess I didn’t get the RTV in there well enough. The A/C and blower need to be serviced or replaced too.

The seat upholstery and cushions are new from Ridies.com, and the Corvette has never been wrecked. I did have to replace the front bumper and radiator support (wife failed to set the hand brake when she ran into the house “for just a second”).

This is a good car for someone who wants a project. It is fully drivable, and you can restore it at your own pace as time and money permits.

Last edited by Jim Taylor; 05-31-2024 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Update offer

Quick Reply: FS: 2000 C5 Convertible - Fort Worth, TX - $10,000